Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 12:38:23 AM EDT
Dell XPS 600 Pentium® Extreme Edition Dual Core w/ HT Tech (3.20GHz, 800FSB)
Memory 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 DIMMs
Monitors 24 inch UltraSharp™ 2405FPW Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
Video Cards Dual 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX with SLI Technology
Hard Drive 500GB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 250GB SATA HDDs)
Floppy Drive and Media Reader 13 in 1 Media Card Reader and 3.5 in Floppy Drive
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition
Modem No Modem Requested
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD or DVD Drive Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/ dbl layer write capable
Sound Cards Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D), w/Dolby® Digital 5.1
Speakers No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No Productivity Suite - Corel WordPerfect® word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) No Security Subscription
Digitial Music Musicmatch® Jukebox Basic
Digital Photography Photo Album™ SE Basic
Media Center Enhancements Dual TV Tuner + Remote Control

Did I do good? Got a new laptop as well.

Inspiron 9300 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 760 (2 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
LCD Panel 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm
Video Card 256MB NVIDA® GeForce™ Go 6800
Hard Drive 80GB Hard Drive
Power Adapter Spare AC adapter (Power Cord) - 90w
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
Combo/DVD+RW Drives 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Wireless Networking Cards Intel® PRO 2915 and Dell 350 Bluetooth Internal Wireless Cards
Primary Battery 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (80 WHr) w/ 128mb Memory Key
Carrying Cases Dell Nylon Deluxe Carrying Case
Dell Service & Support Plans 1 Year Mail-In Economy Plan
LCD/Color Kits Charcoal Leather QuickSnap™ Cover
Spare Battery 9-cell Lithium Ion Additional Battery (80 WHr)

It was kind of a impulse buy

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I think so.  Personally, I would have gone Athlon but I don't go OEM type like Dell either.  That's just the geek in me though and this sounds like a killer for factory built.  Probably a good idea to get a Dell too for you portable since you'll become familiar with how both of them are hung together.

Good call Oly.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think so.  Personally, I would have gone Athlon but I don't go OEM type like Dell either.  That's just the geek in me though and this sounds like a killer for factory built.  Probably a good idea to get a Dell too for you portable since you'll become familiar with how both of them are hung together.

Good call Oly.

Thnx, was looking at building one, but not a big enough nerd. Just wanted a new pc that could spank the xbox360 and I could use for home office work. The laptop with the bigger monitor and video card will be great for travel
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:10:29 AM EDT
[#3]
no wonder i haven't seen you posting lately you have been slaving to pay for new systems.

looks like you did good.   all dells lower end stuff if crap.   the higher end is better.  

make sure you install good antivirus, spyware removal, and antitrojan and you'll be set
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice, cept for the floppy drive.

I, uh, got a new AR barrel (1-9, mid, 16", chrome)
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, that 6th Gen XPS desktop is a smokin' machine!  Sure, the Athlon FX-57 will eek out some more frames on the gaming by maybe 10%...but the FX-57 is a grand just for the CPU!  Those dual-7800GTX's in SLI will keep you happy for a long time (in gaming years anyway). They have custom double-sized heat sinks on each one.

And the X-Fi sound card....nice!

Regarding the laptop, I've also got a 9300 (current gen).  It's big.  But other than that, there's nothing wrong  with it.  The XPS is a tad faster, but I rrrrrove the 9300!  And even when your finally sitting down and gaming/watching a movie/etc.  the big part is great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top