Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 8:39:18 PM EDT
7 nights in Kaui   Now as long as that pot bellied little dictator don't get froggy I'm good
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
CSB
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't been to Kaui, but have been to Kona and Hilo.  Going to Maui a month from tomorrow.  It's beautiful over there.  You're gonna love it. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Enjoy
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Best vacation you'll have. If you like water, you're going to dig it. Kayaking up the river to the waterfall, Snorkeling on a reef with sea turtles and Hunu Hunu, surfing the many breaks. It's paradise.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going for my first time in October.   Honolulu, Maui, Kauai.   Can't wait.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
You'll love it. Went there for our honeymoon.

Kayak up a river the next hike to the waterfalls. Hike in Waimea Canyon. Surf.  

Great food.

Beware of the chickens.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]
It's an amazing place to visit. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
7 nights in Kaui   Now as long as that pot bellied little dictator don't get froggy I'm good
View Quote

Uhh where?

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Top Left Bro
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife and I went last year. Absolutely amazing. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't usually ask personal questions like this, but curious how much for the flight and stay?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't usually ask personal questions like this, but curious how much for the flight and stay?
View Quote
$2100 for two for flight hotel and car rental 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Take a flight over the active volcano.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Dinner a hooki lau  (I'm drunk and can't remember how to spell it)
Dinner at the beach house.
PALE HALE - DO IT.  Most beautiful place on the planet if you ask me. Drive all the way to the end where the mountains meet the sea.
If you are a hiker, do the hike at least to the first beach at the north shore. Spectacular.
For a cheap great lunch get the maho mahi sandwich at the shopping center lunch joint in kalua village. Outstanding. Sont get the pizza from the same shopping area, it'll be $70 delivered :)
There is a costco there. It'll save you a shitload of $$$

IM me and I'll pull up a google map when I'm not intoxicated. and show you where the sea turtles come to sleep. You can see 10 or 12 there at a time. We usually rest a house right there. It's by Brenekes. Did I mention Brenekes? Great atmosphere.

ETA: I don't think I'm as drunk as my spelling above makes me out to be, just a terrible typist :)
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Beautiful state. See if they have bicycle trips down the mountain.

7 Nights is about right because that's when "rock fever" starts to set in.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
$2100 for two for flight hotel and car rental 
View Quote
That's It?

Hell I pay more than double that taking the family to Disney.

I think that may be our next trip. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Eat at Tiki Tacos in Kapaa
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dinner a hooki lau  (I'm drunk and can't remember how to spell it)
Dinner at the beach house.
PALE HALE - DO IT.  Most beautiful place on the planet if you ask me. Drive all the way to the end where the mountains meet the sea.
If you are a hiker, do the hike at least to the first beach at the north shore. Spectacular.
For a cheap great lunch get the maho mahi sandwich at the shopping center lunch joint in kalua village. Outstanding. Sont get the pizza from the same shopping area, it'll be $70 delivered :)
There is a costco there. It'll save you a shitload of $$

IM me and I'll pull up a google map when I'm not intoxicated. and show you where the sea turtles come to sleep. You can see 10 or 12 there at a time. We usually rest a house right there. It's by Brenekes. Did I mention Brenekes? Great atmosphere.

ETA: I don't think I'm as drunk as my spelling above makes me out to be, just a terrible typist :)
View Quote
Damn solid advice thank you
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Drive around the whole island from the canyon to tunnels beach and helicopter the Napali coast. We did a heli tour of Maui, were told the Napali is better. We snorkeled the Molokini crater and other places in Maui but I was told after the fact that just snorkeling off the beach at Tunnels with a bag of frozen peas would get you some of the best sites. Never figured out why the cats looked so malnourished with all the chickens running around... Enjoy! Seven days on Kauai, you'll know it pretty well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top