Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2013 7:59:06 PM EDT
Is no reason to slow down to 45 mph on a 65 mph zone.  Jesus Fracking Christ people, a trooper is not going to pull you over for doing the speed limit.  There is no reason to drop below it.

The state trooper was in the median running radar.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]

pretty sure you are gay and wrong

gonna slow b/c i need to know what he is doing
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I was under the impression you had to change lanes or slow down.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
People are stupid. In other news, water is still wet, film at 11.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The trooper was in the median running radar.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
You better in FL.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol. No wonder the bosses rock unmarked.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In Ohio it is State law that you must do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Texas it's only true if they have their lights activated. Simply quietly sitting waiting to collect more revenue from someone for going over the arbitrarily set and loosely enforced speed limits don't trigger the obligation.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it is safe to do so.

Around here people jam on the brakes to merge, because they are afraid to drive past the cop.
Stupid law is stupid.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

pretty sure you are gay and wrong

gonna slow b/c i need to know what he is doing
View Quote

Sleeping or cruiser spooning. If they're out to cut citations he'd be up on the overpass.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate those people.  I move over into the other lane, speed up, then wave at the cop while passing traffic.  makes me feel special
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]
They're slowing down so their buddies can moon them.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Reason #257 why Somalia is best, No ticket writing hats!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#14]
It makes me a little irritated as well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]
State law in Washington too - they run stings and write expensive tickets if you don't obey.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if he has no lights on?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#17]
most of the people that slow down that much more than likely have something illegal in the car or have an outstanding warrant.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is no reason to slow down to 45 mph on a 65 mph zone.  Jesus Fracking Christ people, a trooper is not going to pull you over for doing the speed limit.  There is no reason to drop below it.
View Quote

Bullshit.  They pull you over for everything.  Fuck em.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#20]

I love it when the dumbass who was yakking on her cellphone for the last two miles sees the cop at the last minute and slows down to 20mph in the middle of a 45 zone

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

In tx you do if they are pulling someone over
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Georgia as well.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Usually they're slowing down to see what's going on unless it's some kind of law.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

In Texas it's only true if they have their lights activated. Simply quietly sitting waiting to collect more revenue from someone for going over the arbitrarily set and loosely enforced speed limits don't trigger the obligation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a trooper in Texas writes you a ticket it goes to the county not the state.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
most of the people that slow down that much more than likely have something illegal in the car or have an outstanding warrant.
View Quote

And the troopers know this.  You draw a lot of attention to yourself.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm guessing it has something to do with your laws.  Some people slow when not required just in case.

265:37-a Motorist Duties When Approaching Highway Emergencies. –
<codesect style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-indent: 0px;">When in or approaching an incident involving a fire, collision, disaster, or other emergency resulting in partial or complete blockage of a highway, or a location where a police officer has made a traffic stop, every driver other than the driver of an emergency response vehicle, shall:

I. Maintain a reduced speed.

II. Obey the directions of any authorized person directing traffic and of all applicable emergency signals and traffic control devices.

III. Vacate as soon as possible any lane wholly or partially blocked.

IV. Give a wide berth, without endangering oncoming traffic, to public safety personnel, any persons in the roadway, and stationary vehicles displaying blue, red, or amber emergency or warning lights.</codesect>
<sourcenote style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-indent: 0px;">
Source. 2004, 193:3, eff. Jan. 1, 2005. 2008, 146:1, eff. Aug. 5, 2008.

</sourcenote>

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Idaho too
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm guessing it has something to do with your laws.  Some people slow when not required just in case.
  265:37-a Motorist Duties When Approaching Highway Emergencies. – <codesect style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-indent: 0px;">When in or approaching an incident involving a fire, collision, disaster, or other emergency resulting in partial or complete blockage of a highway, or a location where a police officer has made a traffic stop, every driver other than the driver of an emergency response vehicle, shall:
   II. Obey the directions of any authorized person directing traffic and of all applicable emergency signals and traffic control devices.
   IV. Give a wide berth, without endangering oncoming traffic, to public safety personnel, any persons in the roadway, and stationary vehicles displaying blue, red, or amber emergency or warning lights.</codesect><sourcenote style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-indent: 0px;">Source. 2004, 193:3, eff. Jan. 1, 2005. 2008, 146:1, eff. Aug. 5, 2008.

</sourcenote>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

265:37-a Motorist Duties When Approaching Highway Emergencies. – <codesect style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-indent: 0px;">When in or approaching an incident involving a fire, collision, disaster, or other emergency resulting in partial or complete blockage of a highway, or a location where a police officer has made a traffic stop, every driver other than the driver of an emergency response vehicle, shall:
   IV. Give a wide berth, without endangering oncoming traffic, to public safety personnel, any persons in the roadway, and stationary vehicles displaying blue, red, or amber emergency or warning lights.</codesect><sourcenote style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-indent: 0px;">Source. 2004, 193:3, eff. Jan. 1, 2005. 2008, 146:1, eff. Aug. 5, 2008.

</sourcenote>

this law does not apply to troopers on the side of the road RADARING.  you only have to slow down when lights are flashing, cars are piled up, etc.  this just proves those people are stupid.  I see people slam on their brakes because a cop is driving in the opposite lane of traffic.  people are stupid.  people get freaked out when cops are near them on the roads.  I hate the morons that refuse to drive because a cop pulls up next to them at a red light.  I make it a point to beat the cops off the line, accelerate faster than them, and lock my cruise control at the speed limit.  some of them give me looks, I return a troll face.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

IV. Give a wide berth, without endangering oncoming traffic, to public safety personnel, any persons in the roadway, and stationary vehicles displaying blue, red, or amber emergency or warning lights.</codesect><sourcenote style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-indent: 0px;">
Source. 2004, 193:3, eff. Jan. 1, 2005. 2008, 146:1, eff. Aug. 5, 2008.

</sourcenote>

Maintain a reduced speed.

Let me guess, that is up to officers discretion on how fast 'reduced speed' is.

Better just change lanes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Dude, i'm a cop and still afraid of state troopers. Do you realize those guys will write their own mother a ticket?!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
this law does not apply to troopers on the side of the road RADARING.  you only have to move down when lights are flashing, cars are piled up, etc.  this just proves those people are stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

</sourcenote>

this law does not apply to troopers on the side of the road RADARING.  you only have to move down when lights are flashing, cars are piled up, etc.  this just proves those people are stupid.

yes, which is why I posted "Some people slow when not required just in case."

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the median running radar?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#34]
"this law does not apply to troopers on the side of the road RADARING.  you only have to move down when lights are flashing, cars are piled up, etc.  this just proves those people are stupid."

Failure to yield to a stationary emergency vehicle.....It's a law in Va and it sucks....
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#35]
In NC you're required to (attempt to) clear the right hand lane when a LEO is stopped on the right median.

Doing slow may require one to slow down.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the law in VA
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Around here they slow down for the trooper on the other side of the highway, going the opposite direction, standing at the door of the person he's already got pulled over.
I'll never understand that voodoo. Never.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dude, i'm a cop and still afraid of state troopers. Do you realize those guys will write their own mother a ticket?!
View Quote

They asked my brother that exact question while he was doing his 6 months in Austin.     His reply?   "Only with backup."  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

You ever worked on the side of a road? You'd be thankful if people slowed down and/or changed lanes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

In Texas, it's clearly defined.

SB 193 requires drivers nearing stopped emergency vehicles-with lights activated -to either slow down or change lanes.

The law states a driver must either vacate the lane closest to the stopped emergency vehicle if the road has multiple lanes traveling in the same direction or slow down 20 miles per hour below the speed limit. (If the speed limit is below 25 mph the driver must slow down to 5 mph.)

Emergency vehicles include police, emergency medical service and fire vehicles.

A violation is punishable by a maximum fine of $200. If the violation results in property damage, the maximum fine increases to $500. If the violation results in bodily injury, the offense is enhanced to a Class B misdemeanor.
 -Source
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You ever worked on the side of a road? You'd be thankful if people slowed down and/or changed lanes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they are on the shoulder, I slow down or change lanes.   If they are in the grass or a side road, I do not slow down.    But I do this for all vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Alright Meow.....You're license and registration.
Hurry up meow!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Alright Meow.....You're license and registration.Hurry up meow!
View Quote

Am I saying meow?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some states you can go 45.......those people are following the law also...try to remember that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top