Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2008 5:00:00 PM EDT
I have a test in june, has anybody here taken the test? If so what is it like?
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the site at the link below and spend many hours there.

Honor First

Also,  see this thread.

USBP Thread

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Great info thanks.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Took the test and was offered the job, I passed on it. The language test is offered in spanish or a fake language that uses the same structure and tenses as spanish. It has been 7 or 8 years since I took the test though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
They are coming to Cleveland this weekend.  But the duty stations they are looking to fill are SW US.  Kinda hard to pack up and move for me.  Sounds cool though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They are coming to Cleveland this weekend.  But the duty stations they are looking to fill are SW US.  Kinda hard to pack up and move for me.  Sounds cool though.

That's where everyone starts, although there is talk of sending trainees to the Northern border.  If this happens, they will still spend their first two years at a SW station for their FTO / Post Academy period.  They will get a per diem as long as they are down here as this is not their assigned station.  With the current VRP program they sparked up, it has gotten considerally easier to transfer out though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Use the honorfirst resources, study the ALT lanmguage if you are taking that, and relax.  I have six years in, and their are some rocks in service.  If they can pass ANY part of the test, you should do fine.  The southern border is FUN for work.  Life can be tougher if you have a family, but the work is great.  There is no way an agent can get the experience necessary to do this job on the northern border.  And two years down south isn't enough, either.  

Good luck, though, most days I love my job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top