Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2001 1:26:50 PM EDT
Hello all,

I was channel surfing the other day and stopped on C-span 2.  

There I saw what appeared to be a typical feminist New York liberal.  (in fact she looked just like your typical granola munching fem nazi)  

And she has written a book.  It is called:  "A kinder gentler military"  

Her name is Stephanie Gutmann.  

She took a look at our military and wrote a book about it.

She admits to being a New York writer who lives amongst others in the writing community there.

What could we expect from such a person who took a look at "Political correctness" in our "new military"?  

The answer to that question may surprise you.  (it sure did me)  

She did an in depth study of our "kinder, gentler military".  

You can buy her book from Simon and Shuster at http://www.simonsays.com/

We all aught to buy it and read it.  

If you can, you should try to catch her interview on C-span.  It was nothing short of amazing.

This woman said some things that I could not believe. Truly amazing.

She talked at length about women in the military.  And the effect of "Political correctness" on the military.  

You should have seen it.

It took me an hour to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Amongst the most amazing things she said were:

"Men should be allowed to have posters of nude women in there rooms"  

and:

"Men should be allowed to have shore leave again and frequent prostitutes" (like the old days)

She concludes that military moral has been ruined by "political correctness" and our ability to fight is in serious jeopardy because of it.  

She questions having women and men serving side by side.  (sites that when men and women develop "pair bonds as they do it goes against what the military is all about")  

Sensible and most of all from a source that cannot be bashed as an ex military man on a crusade.  

Hope you get to enjoy her book and her interview on C-span.

Zen

Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting post.

Though I'll disagree with her assertion that "male whoring" is necessary or even beneficial for military readiness and effectiveness.

THAT very view that she espouses IS political correctness.

Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Interesting post.

Though I'll disagree with her assertion that "male whoring" is necessary or even beneficial for military readiness and effectiveness.

THAT very view that she espouses IS political correctness.
View Quote

Only if you're a democrat. :)

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You can get it at Amazon, too:

[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684852918/qid=999124930/sr=1-1/ref=sc_b_1/102-0049434-5431354[/url]

You can buy it used for $9, and even if you are not interested in buying it, there are 43 reviews. I can get a pretty good idea about a book by reading the reviews--sometimes someone slams a book, a you can tell it is a good book just because it pissed 'em off.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top