Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/27/2004 9:54:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 4:43:17 PM EST by piccolo]
"We're close! Up an at 'em!"

I was in the top bunk, and Doc was below me. As I got out, I slipped and landed on top of Doc and we both landed in a heap on deck.

We both grabbed the same pair of pants and pulled a real Laurel ad Hardy, both trying to put the same pair on. He figured out they were mine, smacked me, removed his leg and I stuffed my leg into the pantleg.

Only to find they were on backwards.

So I said, WTF, and buttoned them and headed to the galley to eat.

3 1/2 minutes and 6 eggs, a bowl of grits laced with maple syrup, a mountain of hash browns, a couple slabs of ham, a couple pancakes and a quart of OJ later, I put my raingear on

Everyone had seen my pants, nobody commented. On went the raingear and out on deck I went.

Sometime after a while, I found time to turn my pants around. Nobody commented.

Four days later, as we were loaded and headed to port to deliver our fish, I was up relieving Doc, who was on wheel watch. I took over and started steering.

"Something to be said for having a job where nobody cares if you show up with your pants on backward, isn't there?"

I grinned.

Years later, I think there really IS something to be said for that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:28:47 PM EST
wtf.

figured I'd todss this out again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:36:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By piccolo:
"We're close! Up an at 'em!"

I was in the top bunk, and Doc was below me. As I got out, I slipped and landed on top of Doc and we both landed in a heap on deck.

We both grabbed the same pair of pants and pulled a real Laurel ad Hardy, both trying to put the same pair on. He figured out they were mine, smacked me, removed his leg and I stuffed my leg into the pantleg.

Only to find they were on backwards.

So I said, WTF, and buttoned them and headed to the galley to eat.

3 1/2 minutes and 6 eggs, a bowl of grits laced with maple syrup, a mountain of hash browns, a couple slabs of ham, a couple pancakes and a quart of OJ later, I put my raingear on

Everyone had seen my pants, nobody commented. On went the raingear and out on deck I went.

Sometime after a while, I found time to turn my pants around. Nobody commented.

Four days later, as we were loaded and headed to port to deliver our fish, I was up relieving Doc.

"Something to be said for having a job where nobody cares if you show up with your pants on backward, isn't there?"

I grinned.

Sailor talk I assume.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:42:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By piccolo:

I grinned.

As a doc, I wear shirt and tie, white coat and everything is perfectly ironed. It would be nice to go into work in a pair of jeans and a T-shirt.

What kind of fish? I absolutely love fishing over almost everything else.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:48:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By C-4:
What kind of fish? I absolutely love fishing over almost everything else.

IIRC, we were fishing Black Cod (sablefish) at the time. I took the job NOT to fish sablefish, but to fish Halibut. The Black Cod fishing was just a profitable fill-in between Halibut openings.

A case of taking the shit with the sugar.
Top Top