Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2014 9:40:25 PM EDT
I took my dog out earlier tonight.  It was a beautiful temperature. Someone was dumping 30 round mags a few blocks over at their back yard range. I stopped the dog from running inside and counted each report as it rolled across the bay and echoed until it faded.

It made me think of freedom. It made me thankful for those who died in battle with someone who was trying with all they had to end their life, or our freedom.

Those people gave their lives and their family suffered something I will never understand for my right to choose religion, marriage, to vote and my shot at the white picked fence.  

It's not the 4th of July, it's not Veteran's Day, tomorrow is not Memorial Day. I am thankful just the same.  I am pretty jealous of the guy a few blocks away who can have fun doing a mag dump in his back yard at night on his own range complete with flood lights.

I am also eternally thankful to the people who died so that  he can do that and so that I can stand in my yard on a warm summer's night and listen to him a few blocks away making the sound of freedom.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Amen
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Good random post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top