Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 6:31:23 PM EDT
It was horrible, save your money.  It might be a rental at best.
bad acting, the character development was pathetic, there was no real 'thrill' or suspence, and just when you think it might actually start getting better, the freaking movie ends!!!! arrrgh! i want my $15 back!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife was bugging the piss out of me to see it.  Don't know why, as it looks like a completely and totally shitty film.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
bumped to save you guys some $$
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
got to see boobies.  

My wife wanted to see it too - she was totally depressed by the situation, just like I warned her.  I knew that the movie was going to be people put in a hopeless situation.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
looks like blair witch in the water.... I'll save my money

J
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
got to see boobies.  

almost forgot about that! the one thing that kept me awake!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell since you put potential spoilers in the thread title why don't you tell us how it ends.

It looks stupid as hell from the commercials so I won't pay to see it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hell since you put potential spoilers in the thread title why don't you tell us how it ends.

The rescue doesn't come.

You guess how it ends.  (hint - it ain't good)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

SPOILER!!
the guy mysteriously dies during the middle of the night, the lady then pushes his body away from her and the sharks start eating him.  the lady then drowns herself.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#9]
That's Titanic without the boat, 80 years waiting and some sharkes tossed in for good measure...

Quoted:

the guy mysteriously dies during the middle of the night, the lady then pushes his body away from her and the sharks start eating him.  the lady then drowns herself.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The rescue doesn't come.

You guess how it ends.  (hint - it ain't good)

Now how in the hell could this be based on a true story if there were no survivors to tell what actually happened?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Now how in the hell could this be based on a true story if there were no survivors to tell what actually happened?  

dindingding!

"The Perfect Storm" paradox.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#12]
<Yawn> Sometimes I'm certain you geeks won't be entertained by anything other that standard Hollyweird fare. No wonder the "art" of moviemaking is lost, people can't understand it if it;s not filled with guns, boobs and computer effects.

The movie was bare bones for a reason.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
<Yawn> Sometimes I'm certain you geeks won't be entertained by anything other that standard Hollyweird fare. No wonder the "art" of moviemaking is lost, people can't understand it if it;s not filled with guns, boobs and computer effects.

Well I just expect something with more than the feeling that an amature took a video camera on a boat ride, spliced in some Discovery channel playing with the fish footage, and then sat in a boat filming two people bobbing up and down in the ocean.  There at least needed to be a plot line, a tiny bit of action, maybe some good drama, something/anything that would turn it from an amature home move to a film.  Would it have cost them so much to spend 5 minutes on a rescue scene and at least show them recovering a body or scuba gear?  A 30 second clip of the coast guard running their boats out of the harbor doesn't count as a "rescue" scene.

BTW, I heard the film was a low budget film, so low the "actors" weren't paid instead they were promised a cut of any profits.  When we left the theater everyone was very quiet....they were all wondering "Is that it." and "Where do I get my money back.".

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I have to bump this to the top...

as this movie was the biggest pile of crap of a movie I have ever sat through!

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll just send Sarg a toy rubber shark,and he can make the action fiqure(dolls) movie for us!!!

Save us some money!!

Bob
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I just expect something with more than the feeling that an amature took a video camera on a boat ride, spliced in some Discovery channel playing with the fish footage, and then sat in a boat filming two people bobbing up and down in the ocean.  There at least needed to be a plot line, a tiny bit of action, maybe some good drama, something/anything that would turn it from an amature home move to a film.  Would it have cost them so much to spend 5 minutes on a rescue scene and at least show them recovering a body or scuba gear?  A 30 second clip of the coast guard running their boats out of the harbor doesn't count as a "rescue" scene.

BTW, I heard the film was a low budget film, so low the "actors" weren't paid instead they were promised a cut of any profits.  When we left the theater everyone was very quiet....they were all wondering "Is that it." and "Where do I get my money back.".

They never recovered bodies, and eventually only found a scribe and weight belt, IIRC. Again, it's loosely based on true events. Any you illustrate what is wrong with movie goers nowadays by demanding "action", "plot" and "drama". It's there, some folks have trouble seeing it. I'm sorry the movie did'nt live up to your typical Hollywood formula...... It's likely we'll never agree with this, it seems we're on two different 'planes".
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Preceded by 2 hours of people floating in the ocean?

Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Uh.........I haven't seen it but two things sound "fishy" to me.

#1 If your bouyancy compensator does not have a hole in it, you inflate it and it's a MARVELOUS life preserver.

#2 If your BC DOES have a whole in it, take it and your weight belt off and your wetsuit will not allow you to sink.

Of course, this doesn't take into account attacking sharks, but if your equipment is intact it's damn near-no, it IS-impossible to drown ON THE SURFACE while wearing diving gear.

BTW, I wear a 3MM "shorty" even while diving arm water, just for protection. Fire coral and coral in general are nasty. Fire coral is like grabbing a handful of stinging nettles and coral in general will cut the fuck out of you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#20]
The next blair witch I take it..
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#21]
i guess i will not be watching it then
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:09:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The next blair witch I take it..

Blair Witch was 100 times better than this pile of crap of a movie!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:26:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Supposedly the two people the movie was based on died of dehidration/drowning.  They found the woman's wetsuit a couple months after they were lost and it had some cuts from corral but no shark bites.  It's believed she took it off due to dimensia caused by the dehidration and heat/sun.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:57:29 AM EDT
[#24]
It sucked the big one, thats for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top