Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 6:38:03 AM EDT
And boy, I'm glad I didn't throw down the bucks for theater tickets.  

Very little plot to get in the way of the special effects.

The effects were really good.  However, since we now know that John Connor eventually gets assassinated, they should spare us the pain of another movie.

Not up to snuff, compare with the first two.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I liked it for the twisted end. The plot was spongelike but not completely predictable. Any movie with a '3' in the title is doomed to be either horribly predictable or painfully original. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#2]
You have to maintain focus. John Connor was never the important one. His children are. This was just an AWESOME movie to see in the theatre on the big screen. I am SO glad I went and didnt skip it like many here advised. Say what you will, but T3 was great to me. T4 could be even better!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I think T3 was a great movie

"John Conner"..."It is time"...

"you must Live"....
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was great.  It was funny to see other members of the audience leaning forward in their seats.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Now that John knows he was killed for trusting T1 series terminators, I would assume he won't trust them anymore and therefore not be killed.

Or...I am totally full of crap on that. Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You have to maintain focus. John Connor was never the important one. His children are. This was just an AWESOME movie to see in the theatre on the big screen. I am SO glad I went and didnt skip it like many here advised. Say what you will, but T3 was great to me. T4 could be even better!

Why are his children the important ones?  He was the one that started the resistance which led to the eventual human victory.  Did I miss something in the story?

I hate how all the T movies show brief scenes of the future war.  I want to see a whole movie with just the war between humans and machines.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw it in the theaters and I just bought it on DVD. It has its redeeming qualities, just not nearly as much as the first two (plot, etc).
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why are his children the important ones?  He was the one that started the resistance which led to the eventual human victory.  Did I miss something in the story?

I hate how all the T movies show brief scenes of the future war.  I want to see a whole movie with just the war between humans and machines.

The T-101 (Arnold) told them in the movie that he (John C) and Katherine Bruster were husband and wife, yada yada, and that Katherine was the one that sent this T-101 back because John was killed (by him). Thats when he said that their Children were to play a pivatol role. If both of them did not survive to have the kids........
Also, the discussion between Katherine and John regarding Mike Cripkies basement. John realizes and points out then that the two of them were meant to be together.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#9]

I like it.  Maybe not as good as T1 or T2, but it's still good.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Also, the discussion between Katherine and John regarding Mike Cripkies basement. John realizes and points out then that the two of them were meant to be together.

Can you believe he couldn't remember making out with her???
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Brohawk, I bought T3 the day it came out and since then I`ve watched 5 times. Not counting the good parts. I absolutly loved this movie. I saw it in the movies 6 times! And I`m not the kind of guy who goes to the movies more than once or twice.

What I really liked about this one compared to the first two, was how fast it moved. T1 and T2 we both excellent movies but they did get slow at some parts of them. The other reason I liked it were, for it being the 3rd Terminator it was still better than most 3rd movies. Ex Alien 3, Scary Movie 3, Robocop 3.

I really didn`t miss Sarah Connor the way some people did, because IMO its now about John becoming a leader. I also liked how Da Terminator was more like a Drill Sgt. as apposed to a father figure.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Now that John knows he was killed for trusting T1 series terminators, I would assume he won't trust them anymore and therefore not be killed.

Or...I am totally full of crap on that. Hmmmm.

I think you're right.  There was also a conversation where JC said the future and everything happening in the film was because of the change in events caused by the Terminators being sent back the first and second time.  IOW, everytime they send a Terminator to the past, it changes that past and the associated future.

In simpler terms, the writers can write any damn script they want and find a way to explain it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I watched it on Saturday. Did anybody find John to be whimpy? Why was he carrying a paint ball gun? Don't you think that he would have been able to scrape together at least a Ruger P95 or someting...

Also, when he was locked in the cage, don't you think that mom would have trained him on escape? Lock picking??? Come on! he would have been out of that cage in 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I just expected more story.  Like I said, the special effects were great, but it was almost like a replay of T2 with the high powered terminator trying to get John and the old classic model saving him.

If you took away the visuals, how much would there be?  The biggest surprise through the whole thing was at the end when you learn there was no Skynet mainframe- it existed in computers all over the world.

Well, you know what they say about opinions, and once in a while mine stinks too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought the DVD this past weekend, LOVED IT, great movie, I have watched it 6 times so far.....

Hmmmmmmmm female terminator......
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Very few movies have been worth the time that make it to a 3rd installment.

This one wasnt.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Very few movies have been worth the time that make it to a 3rd installment.

This one wasnt.

You know you liked it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw it when it came out and boght the DVD and seen it one more time.  Good, but not great movie.  
Q, you're right:  JC was a wimp!  Here he was supposedly 10 years after T2 and he doesn't even have a real gun!!!  It was obvious that he had no clue that Skynet was going to come back for him again, even though he lived "off the net".  After 10 years, he should have been the one with the guns, ammo and all the preparedness that goes with it.  If he didn't expect the T's back why was he "off the net".  

The shots of the nuclear war at the end were great also, especially the Kansas/North Dakota/Wyoming ICBM launch sequence.

As far as the T4 is concerned, how are they going to do a credible T4 without AS or with him as gov??

Good movie, worth owning, not renting!

Merlin
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I just expected more story.  Like I said, the special effects were great, but it was almost like a replay of T2 with the high powered terminator trying to get John and the old classic model saving him.

If you took away the visuals, how much would there be?  The biggest surprise through the whole thing was at the end when you learn there was no Skynet mainframe- it existed in computers all over the world.

Well, you know what they say about opinions, and once in a while mine stinks too.

The fact that Skynet was a program and not a physical computer, definitly was a surprise, and one I liked. T3 was more of an info/fill in some holes chapter, and to set up part 4. I expect T4 to have much more of the war and such, and I am waiting anxiously for it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Mind adding the word SPOILERS to the tittle next time????????????? [mad]

NsB
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I just think it was funny as hell to see the Governor of California naked.  Do you think if Arnold had known that he would be running for Governor and eventually win, he would still have let himself be filmed w/o clothes on when he came back in time?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No doubt. I think I'd remember making out with her.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I liked it when the female terminator made her boobs swell in an effort to get out of the speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I watched it at the theater 3 times and bought
the DVD the first day it came out last Tues on
the 11th of Oct and already watched it two more
times, cant wait to watch it again, it's very
entertaining, a must have for Terminater fans!
I was watching the documentary disc about the
making of T3 and it showed a scene with Katherine Brewster in the graveyard with the TX
and I noticed there were two grave stones at the edge of the screen one on the left and one on the right on the "widescreen version" then I
went to the same exact scene on my "full screen" edition and noticed the two grave stones on the far left and the one on the far right were still in the picture but it only looked slightly less was showing than the "Widescreen" version? Im glad I picked the
Full screen edition, it looks better imho.

"I am a Machine"
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Hell yeah that would be real cool, it would be a great SHTF movie.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:07:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Mind adding the word SPOILERS to the tittle next time????????????? [mad]

NsB

Please accept my apologies.  I don't do movie reviews much and apparently had a bout of cranial flatulence when I started this thread.

Sorry.

I thought I was the last person to see it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:15:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn, and I clicked on this thread thinkin you got more bandwidth!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must have been all the veterinary phenobarbital he's been munching like M&Ms!

I know I would remember "hitting it!"  Hell, I'd bang that like a screen door in a tornado!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

yeah right --- take away the visuals in a movie ! Put the pipe down.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah right --- take away the visuals in a movie ! Put the pipe down.

OK, the special effects.  I figured that wouldn't need clarification.  It's not a radio drama after all.  

Look at a classic like Casablanca.  The special effects were basically some blank pistol rounds and a fog machine.  But man, what writing!  Now I'm not trying to compare these two movies per se, but showing an example of good plot, character, and dialogue development that can stand on its own.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:29:28 AM EDT
[#31]
gottcha, my mistake.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:49:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Negative perspiration, Cyanide.

Maybe I'm just getting cynical as I turn crusty around the edges.

Naaaah!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#33]
The characters were fairly hollow.  Usually I cheer for a good guy or bad guy, but in this film I cheered for none.  There wasn't much story, but a hell of alot of good chase scenes.

My biggest gripe:  in the first film, it was established that there were biological requirements (field generated by living being) for time travel to work.  That meant the terminator couldn't bring weapons back by themselves.  If you wanted to bring a weapon back, they could've stuffed a cow full of weapons and sent it back.  However, the TX and T-1000 made it back without a hitch.  WTF?  Why did they have to be naked, if they didn't have living skin in the first place?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Because Kristiana Loken has a SWEET ASS!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#35]
You guys just don't get it do you?
In the forth installment Arnold gets eaten by Terminator Chuckie Schumer. Then, Terminator Diane Fienstein tries to legislate Skynet into oblivion and the machines decide that they are the real threat to their survival. Quickly they design the most hideous and dangerous Terminator model...The Waxman T12. He destroys all of the previous Terminators with his built in 155 mm nostril cannons. End of story. Good huh?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't think there will be a T4.  THey already stated in T3 that John leads humanity to victory.  This just showed that what was being said, actually came true, no matter what they did in T2 to try to prevent it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#37]
But I was impressed with the things they did with the crane!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:07:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Seen it at a cheap theater. It was OK. Nothing will beat T2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top