Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/30/2005 12:42:56 PM EDT
I feel the chill in the air. I bought a Toro 6.5hp snowthrower from Wise sales on ebay. It came overnight. $550 later I have less room in the garage.

Same model was $100 more locally and I would have had to pay sales tax. Saved about $150.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:01:24 PM EDT
Where do you live... No snow for you this year.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:03:16 PM EDT
Not yet but the weather guys are predicting a lot this year due to the weather pattern this summer. We will have to see. I hate to buy shit when they are in demand and you have to wait in line and pay premium for something that was on sale just a few weeks ago.

This sucker should last me 5-10 years and save me from a heartattack.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:03:47 PM EDT
Sounds like a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:31:38 PM EDT
You just bought insurance for no snow for a year. Good purchase and no heart attack or bad back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:48:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lakemoor:
You just bought insurance for no snow for a year. Good purchase and no heart attack or bad back.

No kidding. It never fails. But I bought it at a place called Wise and its in Schlamberg? Il. Not far from Chicago.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:47:43 PM EDT
it should last longer than 5-10 years. I've had a Murray last me 15 years so far w/ minimal maintenance. Remember to shut it off before clearing the chute w/ your hand. I don't know why some people don't do that................but they don't.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:49:48 PM EDT
ARDOC, how big is your garage, you seem like you need a big one with an Avalanche and a Z4

ARDOC lives near Deeeeeeeeetroit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:01:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

No kidding. It never fails. But I bought it at a place called Wise and its in Schlamberg? Il. Not far from Chicago.

You mean Schaumburg, what were you doing so far from the Detroit Utopia?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:01:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:
ARDOC, how big is your garage, you seem like you need a big one with an Avalanche and a Z4

Mighty small. Its filled to the brim. I need a new house I guess. OK, now you know too much about me and I am getting worried.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:03:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NightWatchman:

You mean Schaumburg, what were you doing so far from the Detroit Utopia?

Bought if off ebay. They seem to be a good outfit. I bought my Honda generator from them. They have free shipping and because I live out of state, no sales tax! That makes me the happiest.
I end up saving a few hundred.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:08:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:

Mighty small. Its filled to the brim. I need a new house I guess. OK, now you know too much about me and I am getting worried.

Don't worry. I don't know everything about you.
Top Top