Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/9/2017 3:05:27 AM EDT
Took advantage of the current 75% off promotion to go from LIFE to PATRIOT LIFE ENDOWMENT NRA membership.

...Just putting my $$$ where my mouth is...

You can too, right here: https://membership.nrahq.org/2017endowment/upgrade?utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=Facebook_Custom_Audience_Endowment&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_content=Life_2011_2016

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
No one wants to match my upgrade?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Did it two days ago.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a Patron member, what's the difference?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Already a life member, what's the difference?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
At what level do they stop pestering you incessantly for more money?  I want to upgrade to that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Functionally, nothing.  Just a monetary contribution.

There is apparently a way to upgrade your life member eagle (hover over the eagles in this thread) though I've not researched how to do that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm already endowment, what's the difference?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#8]
a little on topic, who do a shoot an IM to to make my eagle an endowment member?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#9]
If I'm just a regular member, will this give me life for $250?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
At what level do they stop pestering you incessantly for more money?  I want to upgrade to that.
View Quote
You know you can call them and ask to be on the 'do not solicit' list?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Good on you OP.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#12]
They have a Benefactor equivalent going on?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did it two days ago.
View Quote
Nice. 
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
What is the endowment level? Don't you have to commit to leave some portion of your estate to the NRA?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I passed on this offer. I'm paying off 3 life memberships for my kids. This one will have to wait.  Good on you, OP!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No one wants to match my upgrade?
View Quote

I'm ALREADY an Endowment Life member. Whadda they got for us?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually have no idea.  New secret handshake??  I was going to throw a few bucks at them after the election anyway, so figured might as well up my status at the same time, for no other reason that because it was a deal.  As far as I know, it basically amounts to getting a classier member sticker.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Just did it, sir.

Thanks.

DaveS,

From all of us at NRA, thank you for your extraordinary defense of freedom and for your steadfast NRA support. We're glad you took advantage of this membership opportunity – and your decision has brought us one step closer to victory in the tough battles we'll face in the weeks and months just ahead.

This email confirms your transaction in the amount of $250.00, which will appear on your credit card statement as "NRA Membership Internet". Your order summary appears below. If you chose to receive a free gift, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Please note that contributions to NRA are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#19]
If you're just a regular member then can you use this?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I'm just a regular member, will this give me life for $250?
View Quote
I don't know, but if you're motivated, I wouldn't hesitate to call and ask.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What is the endowment level? Don't you have to commit to leave some portion of your estate to the NRA?
View Quote
Ha!  However now that you mention it, since I don't have kids, I have been considering the idea of willing my firearms , or their proceeds, to the NRA-ILA when I pass.   Not sure yet...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just did it, sir.

Thanks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I think I topped out on membership levels with benefactor. Good on you OP for moving up!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#24]
bit the bullet , paid in full upgraded my membership thanks!~
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just tried and got this

» Our records indicate that the NRA Member ID entered is not for a current Life Member.
You must be an NRA Life Member to take advantage of this offer.
If you believe this to be in error or have questions, please call 1-855-NRA-2017.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just tried and got this

» Our records indicate that the NRA Member ID entered is not for a current Life Member.
If you believe this to be in error or have questions, please call 1-855-NRA-2017.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just tried and got this

I just re-upped for another 5 years. I essentially have a live membership now, since I'm good until 2041. 
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Had a phone call from HQ back in December with the same offer for the $250 LIFE to PATRIOT LIFE ENDOWMENT member upgrade.

I fent.

Need to get my new card sent in for the "Endowment" icon.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#28]
You have to already be a life member to take advantage of the bump.

I did it last year and there really isn't anything different about the tiered memberships, other than they renaming them Patriot whatever. I asked them.

So if you were already something above life, the members that upgrade under the Patriot moniker are just the same as the old levels. They updated all the patches and stickers as well.

If anyone is wondering. What you get above life is just more bragging rights. You get to wear upgraded logos, get a sticker, pin, certificate, and whatever freebie they offered you. It's up to you if you think it's worth it. I personally think so, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:20:17 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not familiar with "Patriot Life".  I'm assuming it is just a life member that signed up recently or under a prmotion for life.  The upgrade moves you to the Endowment Life member.  Above that you have a Patron Life and then Benefactor Life like I have.  You really don't get anything special, other than you can be recognized at meetings if you want.  What you do get doesn't come from the NRA, it is the warm feeling you get knowing you helped the most powerful pro-gun lobby in the country. 
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:26:30 AM EDT
[#30]
A month or so back someone posted a link to an NRA page that would let people enter their NRA membership number and see discounted upgrades.  Anyone have that link?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm a full cost $1,000.00 life member, you discount lifers are not as committed.

Unless you are poor.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:53:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Took advantage of the current 75% off promotion to go from LIFE to PATRIOT LIFE ENDOWMENT NRA membership.

...Just putting my $$ where my mouth is...

You can too, right here:
View Quote
I can't even afford the membership currently.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:04:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Thats a lot of money for a new forum avatar medal..... I thought we were supposed to hit the ILA side for money that "really" helps...?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:04:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm not familiar with "Patriot Life".  I'm assuming it is just a life member that signed up recently or under a prmotion for life.  The upgrade moves you to the Endowment Life member.  Above that you have a Patron Life and then Benefactor Life like I have.  You really don't get anything special, other than you can be recognized at meetings if you want.  What you do get doesn't come from the NRA, it is the warm feeling you get knowing you helped the most powerful pro-gun lobby in the country. 
View Quote

What you get is a cooler title for your NRA eagle on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:09:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Upgraded when the offer came out from endowment to patron, then again this week to benefactor.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:13:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like double secret probation...
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:16:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:27:12 AM EDT
[#39]
How do I upgrade from Benefactor to Patriot Benefactor Member?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:29:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
bit the bullet , paid in full upgraded my membership thanks!~
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:29:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
So much this.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:31:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm a full cost $1,000.00 life member, you discount lifers are not as committed.Unless you are poor.
View Quote
We all do what we can.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:31:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I can't even afford the membership currently.
View Quote
If I'm not mistaken, the yearly membership is the same as a yearly team membership here.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:33:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thats a lot of money for a new forum avatar medal..... I thought we were supposed to hit the ILA side for money that "really" helps...?
View Quote
Yup - I prefer to give to ILA and usually do.   Would have if it weren't for the upgrade deal.

Although, I do believe I heard not to long ago that whatever money comes into the NRA from a particular state, will be spent in that state.  Not sure if that's still true.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:33:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If I'm not mistaken, the yearly membership is the same as a yearly team membership here.
View Quote

NRA yearly is $35 right now.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:27:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

NRA yearly is $35 right now.
View Quote
Close enough.  I know some people struggle more than others....I get it.    Like I said, we all do what we can.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:46:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I think I topped out on membership levels with benefactor. Good on you OP for moving up!
View Quote

That's crazy money.  No way am I paying that.  They can get their blood money from somebody else.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:00:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's crazy money.  No way am I paying that.  They can get their blood money from somebody else.
View Quote
Said the guy with (2) Eagles?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:06:03 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm not upgrading until they have a Ludicrous Level of membership.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:15:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm not upgrading until they have a Ludicrous Level of membership.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top