Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@DieselEngineer
@FuriousYachtsman

I just realized BenchMade is in my backyard, and my Grandpa who gave me the gun used to live in Vanport during the war (same general area as Les).
How is my Colt pistol hacked up?

ETA - never mind, Les was cutting up guns because he didn’t like guns. That’s why we don’t support BenchMade around here lol.
View Quote

The cutting board is beautiful.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Very pretty.

But, why no gravy troff?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#3]
op, how did you flatten it? some say a planer will work, others advise against it. I've made a couple long grain board and used my neighbors 735 to flatten them, but I really want to try and end grain next. beautiful work and kitchen too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks very nice and you just don't see that every day.   If you put it in the sink hole how do you get it out?  Does it protrude enough to get a grip?

NVM. I read the thread and got the answer about the sink.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Beautiful.

View Quote
Yeah but that faucet is giving me the vapors.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Cutting boards are like knives. When you get into the most expensive of either it's overkill. I took the maple laminate board off an old dishwasher we replaced around 10 years ago. I butcher several deer using it every year and it will probably last me for all my time on this earth.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#7]
What was it treated with?  An oil?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
op, how did you flatten it? some say a planer will work, others advise against it. I've made a couple long grain board and used my neighbors 735 to flatten them, but I really want to try and end grain next. beautiful work and kitchen too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wish I could say I did the work, but I didn't. A friend did. After he cut the boards, he glued them together parallel, then cut the end grain chunks and flipped them up. His planer was too small to run the entire board through after glued up, so he made a jig, and used a router to flatten out the top and the bottom evenly.

Here is a pic of the parallel boards being glued up.
Attachment Attached File

Quoted:
Very pretty.

But, why no gravy troff?

Never saw a use for them on my other board that was half this size. Figured with more real estate it wouldn't be needed. I wanted a clean look to it.

Quoted:
What was it treated with?  An oil?

Yes sir. Organic mineral oil and beeswax combo.

Quoted:
@BlackTaco that looks awesome bro

Thanks brother! Hope you have been well!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Today OP was a really cool guy.

Your house is beautiful as well.  Cutting board looks A+ too. Well done on all!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't believe I have ever said this to another man, but I'm envious of your wood.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
NICE!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't believe I have ever said this to another man, but I'm envious of your wood.
View Quote

LOL!!! Doooode! That’s a new one for me as well!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top