Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/28/2004 10:44:43 AM EST
I was a proud citizen and did my duty. Fortunately it was a criminal case (I'm sure a civil would've put me to sleep)--not that it was that exciting (Bail Jumping). In my county, you're called for a week. My trial was supposed to last two days at the most. Yesterday was day one, and today (at 10:15am) the judge dismissed the case. So now I'm all done and it didn't really mess with my work schedule too much.

It was a little anticlimatic, but it was still cool to see our legal system in action and to exercise my duty as a proud U.S. citizen.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:54:36 AM EST
Thank you for serving. I see far too many people try to weasel out of doing their civic duty.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:55:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 10:55:51 AM EST by FLAL1A]

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:
Thank you for serving. I see far too many people try to weasel out of doing their civic duty.

And sadly, they are usually exactly the people most needed to serve - those with an investment in the community.

ETA: +1 for the thanks & congratulations.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:31:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:

And sadly, they are usually exactly the people most needed to serve - those with an investment in the community.

ETA: +1 for the thanks & congratulations.

That's part of the reason I didn't defer. Since (at work) month end is kinda busy, I cleared it with my boss and went. IMHO it's a small price to pay for the freedom I enjoy daily and I BELIEVE in our legal system.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:34:18 AM EST
I'm still waiting to get that letter.
Top Top