Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2002 9:31:41 AM EDT
July first is CANADA DAY !!! [beer] [bday]
All you Canadian and wannabes can hold you head high and post away on this thread because it Canada day !!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations Canada... From us here Americans...

Hmmm,

May your Maple Leaf never dry up...

Ben
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#2]
due to the lack of responce, i have been elected to respond.  sorry dude but whats canada day?  most of us are not canadians.  no offence, i love travling to canada, but only travling.  i wouldnt live there.  are canadians alowed to have ar15s?  but dont get me wrong, i do like canada.  just not Crechin!  did i spell that wrong?  i bet you i did!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Where is this "Canada"?

And wouldn't people from this "Canada" be called Canadanians? Canadananians?

Do y'all speak Canadanianese?

You foreigners sure use a lot of vowels.

And what is "Canada Day" in celebration of?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Its aboot time someone responded. [:d]

Canada day is like July 4th. Its is Canada birthday when we became a nation in 19... not sure aboot the date but some should know.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Our response times were delayed by the great distances that must be traveled in order to get to this "Canada".
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Canada Day, a Canadian national holiday, is celebrated on July 1. It marks the anniversary of the unification of Upper and Lower Canada (what are now Ontario and Quebec), New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia as the Dominion of Canada. This union was effected by passage on July 1, 1867, of the British North America Act. Formerly known as Dominion Day, the name was changed to Canada Day in 1982 when the constitution was revised. The day is marked throughout Canada by parades, fireworks, and the display of flags.

Av.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#7]
eh?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Canada Day, a Canadian national holiday, is celebrated on July 1. It marks the anniversary of the unification of Upper and Lower Canada (what are now Ontario and Quebec), New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia as the Dominion of Canada. This union was effected by passage on July 1, 1867, of the British North America Act. Formerly known as Dominion Day, the name was changed to Canada Day in 1982 when the constitution was revised. The day is marked throughout Canada by parades, fireworks, and the display of flags.

Av.
View Quote

Holy Crap !! A American nows more aboot Canada then I do !!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Blame Canada.....Blame Canada!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Happy b-day canada...I was in Toronto last week and barely escaped before the PRIDE festivities started....
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Blame Canada.....Blame Canada!
View Quote

LMAO!  Watch Southpark much, eh?  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm having a Labatts Blue to celebrate.
For we Americans, this is the 139th anniversary of the beginning of the battle of Gettysburg.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I was wondering if somebody would pick up on that. ;)
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I have always considered myself a North American.  How aboot we Canadians and Americans get together and combine the holidays into 1 big week long bash July 1 and July 4 in too two long weekends. I think we could use the time for relaxation and fun on both sides of the border. And while we are at it would you good Americans let us use your greenback or what we Canadians call REAL Money?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#18]
BEER[bday]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#19]
All you Canadian and wannabes
View Quote

Who in their right mind would wannabe Canadian???  
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I will celebrate with some Canadian Bacon.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Happy Canada Day!

OT:There is an interesting story on Canadian snipers in the current Aug 2002 issue of Soldier of Fortune magazine. Titled "Bolt Actions Speaker Louder than Words" by Rob Krott. Do you folks get SOF?
From the two paragraphs:
"The abilities of Canadian snipers are well known in the international sniping community. Four Canadian Army team won top honors at the U.S. Army Sniper School's first international sniping competition at Fort Benning, Deorgia. Canadian Army snipers have seen limited deployment on recent peacekeeping operations in the Balkans, but in Afghanistan they got a chance to go "live."
Two teams of Canadian snipers from the 3rd Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Battle Group deployed in support of U.S. infantrymen from two U.S. Army light infantry battlions(2nd Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 101st Airborne Div.[Air Assault], and the 1st Battalion, 2nd Brigade, 10th Mountain Div), during Operation Anaconda in March 2002. The Snipers are part of the 2rd PPCLI battalion reconnaissance platoon, stationed in Edmonton, Alberta."
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

is there such a thing as a canadian wanna be?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Happy B'Day and still sorry for the way Americans treated your Hockey team last time down here. I need to edit to say New Yorkers they might not all have been Americans.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

is there such a thing as a canadian wanna be?
View Quote

Mexican?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#26]
We'll be impressed when you guys have the balls to take the Queen of England off of your money.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#27]
July 1st used to be the first day of the new fiscal year for the Federal Government (changed to October 1st in 1978). It's still used as the fiscal year demarcation line by many state governments (including Oklahoma). Thought you might like to know.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Is quebec still part of my beloved country? lol!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll celebrate by drinking a gallon of Canadian Ace beer , eh .
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#30]
The French....those dog loving, wine swilling snail eaters!
They fight with their feet and fuck with their face!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I celebrated it all weekend, drinking ice-cold Labatt's Blue...  Thanks, Canada  !!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#32]
It occupies the northern part of North America, and holds the distinction of being the United States' largest national park.

It also has its own indigenous population which I have heard has a culture very similar to the Appalachians.

Quoted:
Where is this "Canada"?

And wouldn't people from this "Canada" be called Canadanians? Canadananians?

Do y'all speak Canadanianese?

You foreigners sure use a lot of vowels.

And what is "Canada Day" in celebration of?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We'll be impressed when you guys have the balls to take the Queen of England off of your money.
View Quote

Considering the Queen is only on 2 banknotes, they are doing better than us with our lame ass currency.

US notes and coins are in need of a major redesign. Luckily the BEP and Mint think so to.

Av.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Considering the Queen is only on 2 banknotes, they are doing better than us with our lame ass currency.

US notes and coins are in need of a major redesign. Luckily the BEP and Mint think so to.
View Quote

They still spend the same don't they?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Its aboot time someone responded. [:d]

Canada day is like July 4th. Its is Canada birthday when we became a nation in 19... not sure aboot the date but some should know.
View Quote

There's a proud countryman for you.  Doesn't know the date when their country asked their masters if they could maybe please be independent after 250 years.

A little about Canada day:

Did you know.....that before 1982 Canada Day had been known as Dominion Day, First of July, Confederation Day, and July the First? Canada Day celebrates the events that occurred on July 1, 1867, when the British North America Act created the Canadian federal government. The BNA Act proclaimed "one Dominion under the name of Canada," hence the original title of the holiday, "Dominion Day." Dominion Day was officially renamed "Canada Day" by an Act of Parliament on October 27, 1982. [b]This change reflected the policy of successive governments to downplay Canada's colonial origins.[/b]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Bryan Adams

Dan Rather

and

Scarecrow.

All came from Canaduh, and you guys still have pride in you country--------[b]Eh???[/b]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Bryan Adams

Dan Rather

and

Scarecrow.

All came from Canaduh, and you guys still have pride in you country--------Eh???

Sgtar15
View Quote

Incorrect. Dan Rather is from Texas. Peter Jennings is from Canuck land.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Incorrect. Dan Rather is from Texas. Peter Jennings is from Canuck land.
View Quote

Sorry, but aren't they really the same people???

And if Dan Rather is from Texas.....well.....I just really feel bad for Texas now.

Sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top