Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/17/2003 5:07:14 AM EDT
When judgement day comes, and the machines begin their takeover, how are we all going to contact each other to establish our lines and co-ordinate our resistance efforts? We really should have these things planned out ahead of time. I imagine we will have to start looking for ammo and supplies in short order as well. Has anyone checked into securing some mausoleum vaults and mabe some scratch and dent coffins yet? Some bulk desicant would probably be a good idea as well. We need to keep the vital parts of this info stored off line on paper so as to safeguard against machine access. These plans need to start being organized, since the advancement of AI is progressing at such a fast rate. Remember too, to aim for the optic sensors as they will be the most vulnerable part, and it they cant see you, they cant hit you.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:11:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:13:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2003 5:21:22 AM EDT by Cincinnatus]
I, for one, welcome our new Robot overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted member of the armed services, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground computer maintenance depots.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:13:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:
My judgment day plans are a bit different.

I hope to be disarmed forever.

Eric The(Hopeful)Hun

As do I. However, I think that Judgement day, will come after this judgement day.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:16:26 AM EDT
Shouldn`t we look for this guy named John Connor? What`ll really suck is that Judgement Day happens before the AWB expires, so we`ll be fighting with postbans. Only prebans will affect the machines! That was the whole purpose of the AWB!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:17:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
I, for one, welcome our new Robot overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted member of the arned services, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground computer mainenance depots.

Maybe you arent even human now? Maybe you are an AI mole! If you are human, the machines will just kill you anyway, as there is no way SN would ever trust a human. Your only chance will be to join the resistance.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:18:16 AM EDT
Shucks, Hawkeye. Thought this was a religious thread.

But, in keeping with the science fiction tone of the topic, what would you use against a Terminator?

All I have is the normal stuff., .223, .308, etc. An FAL is a fine battle rifle, but it would bounce off a Terminator's poly-steel alloy internals. What should we use?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:20:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 223spree:
Shouldn`t we look for this guy named John Connor? What`ll really suck is that Judgement Day happens before the AWB expires, so we`ll be fighting with postbans. Only prebans will affect the machines! That was the whole purpose of the AWB!

Actually, we dont have a credible date for it to occur. Original date was Aug/97, but that got altered. We are unable to establish the validity of the John Connor individual. Possibly an attempt at psyops by future units. We should plan and prepare as if he doesnt exist. I myself AM a John, though my last name is not Connor.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:22:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:23:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2003 5:30:03 AM EDT by Cincinnatus]

Originally Posted By Hawkeye:

I, for one, welcome our new Robot overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted member of the armed services, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground computer maintenance depots.

Maybe you arent even human now? Maybe you are an AI mole! If you are human, the machines will just kill you anyway, as there is no way SN would ever trust a human. Your only chance will be to join the resistance.

"resistance"?
Resistance is futile.
Behold!:

Bow down before our new master.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:26:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
Shucks, Hawkeye. Thought this was a religious thread.

But, in keeping with the science fiction tone of the topic, what would you use against a Terminator?

All I have is the normal stuff., .223, .308, etc. An FAL is a fine battle rifle, but it would bounce off a Terminator's poly-steel alloy internals. What should we use?

The optic sensors my good man. Even 9mm will damage/destroy the optic sensors. The idea is to put mutiple shots in that area. If they cant see, they cant fight. Remember, initially, they will be subject to construction with modern materials. Titanium being the strongest and lightest material most suitable. These are defeatable with current munitions. Tracks on land based HK's can be disabled preventing movement, same as a modern tank. The optic scanners can then be targeted easier. Same with airborne HK's. Their propulsion systems SHOULD be vulnerable to small/medium arms fire.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:28:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:
Thankfully, we have the Governor of California to help us now!

Eric The(WhoWouldHaveGuessedIt)Hun

Sadly, I feel he will not be of much, if any, assistance. He has been the subject of much hype by SN in the future, in order to give false hope now, and lead us into a false sense of security. Do not trust in this.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:31:45 AM EDT
Co-ordination of various "groups" that are already familiar with each other will be a big plus. We already have such pockets in Texas, N FL, MO, NY, and various other areas of the country.

This is very serious folks, and not to be taken lightly. We dont know if it will happen tomorrow, or years from now. We must be prepared. SR71's were flying in the 60's. There is no telling WHAT is out there now technology wise that we arent aware of. AI might already exist.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:35:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hawkeye:

"resistance"?
Resistance is futile.
Behold!:
www.jrsfilm.com/Giant%20Robot%20full.jpg
Bow down before our new master.

That is an old school rendition of what they were thought to look like. This is much more accurate rendition.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:39:14 AM EDT
well duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my future self will of couse send a terminator back through time to protect me. where have yall been?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:39:38 AM EDT
AS you can see in the above pic, cranio ocular shots should be no different than on a human.

For study: Airborne HK. Notice the exposed propulsion units.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:10:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TexRdnec:
well duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! hrough

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:44:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2003 6:45:25 AM EDT by TomJefferson]
Just one more senario of many. Can I take off my tin foil hat now?

Tj
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:13:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TomJefferson:
Just one more senario of many. Can I take off my tin foil hat now?

Tj

Yes, it makes for very poor camoflage, and makes you a better target for the enemy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:17:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TexRdnec:
well duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my future self will of couse send a terminator back through time to protect me. where have yall been?

But you have to survive the present to even get to the future. That idea wont even work if you get killed in the opening days of the fighting. Are you sure you will be high enough ranking in the resistance to even warrant the capture and reprogramming of a T-series? With the effort that has to go into that, only very important people could even hope for such.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:43:43 PM EDT
Im trying to find a source for D.U. 5.56mm and 7.62mm bullets
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:46:50 PM EDT

That's precisely the reason I have numerous asian friends - so that I can get a cushy house-boy or pool-boy job in big house on the hill while the rest of you are sweating and toiling in the MSG-mines.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:55:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
Im trying to find a source for D.U. 5.56mm and 7.62mm bullets

Sssshhhhh. We'll talk.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:59:39 PM EDT
Hell, all we have to do is ensure the machines use windows. Then we simply hide in caves until all their software crashes...
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:12:20 PM EDT

Hell, all we have to do is ensure the machines use windows. Then we simply hide in caves until all their software crashes...

shit ya!!!!!! thats the ticket, we'll give them compaq's with windows ME and AOL as their internet service..........we'll squash them in no time!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:25:18 PM EDT

Kent Brockman?
Top Top