Link Posted: 4/26/2012 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuckers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:02:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Guess they are going to have to change their name
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:03:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Really strange that those quoted are likely American citizens.  Not sure of the safety issues, but I'm pretty sure stories like this show why we need guns and shooting as part of the PE/Health/Science curriculum in American schools.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:03:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fuckers.

LOL what would you do if you ilived near a range and a round hit your house? and other people in the neighborhood had the same thing happen?
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuckers.

LOL what would you do if you ilived near a range and a round hit your house? and other people in the neighborhood had the same thing happen?

Talk to the range owner and give them the opportunity to fix things before I went all legal-crazy on them?

Lawyers/legal system just makes things cost more, that's all.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:08:09 AM EDT
[#6]
MA...is anyone surprised?
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I lived next door to that town.

Dem wasn't clams you ate. Dat was Scit u ate.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuckers.

They claimed came from the range.

Remember this woman who claimed these bullets hit her house in Iraq.

I tend to question such claims and would want to see some trajectory analysis.

Worst case the club has to install overhead baffles to prevent any over-the-berm issues.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guess they are going to have to change their name

I've got $5 that says the Scituate Rod Club gets mistaken for a gay bar with in 10 minutes of changing thier name.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:14:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
MA...is anyone surprised?

Oh, MA, no not surprised.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:15:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuckers.

Talk to the range owner and give them the opportunity to fix things before I went all legal-crazy on them?

It's not dog poop on your lawn or golf balls from a driving range.  This would need immediate action and going legal is the best way to shut it down ASAP until the fixes were put into place.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#12]
It's not like those golf balls don't take out windows...

That said - it is the doom of ranges.  Unless the range has enough acreage to catch any stray bullets - some idiot will either shoot over or bounce over the berm occasionally.  Baffles can help - but still I bet an idiot can bounce one occasionally.  If a range had the acreage - they would be taxed out of existence if they were near civilization.  Hate saying it - but indoors/underground does hold some attraction.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#13]
About 25yrs ago my in laws house was hit when a LEO MP5 climbed a little too much. Two other houses in the neighborhood were hit as well. Insurance took care of the damage and full auto is no longer allowed at the club but there were no other problems.

However, about 5 years ago someone who had moved in just a couple years prior claimed their house was hit and had the bullet to prove it. He tried to have the club (which has been there for over 70yrs, long before any houses were built nearby) closed down. His downfall however when he presented the offending projectile it had no rifling markings on it and had obviously never been fired. He moved about a year later.

I'm not saying that unsafe behavior is okay, but I would like to know who was in the area first on this one as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:44:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuckers.

What makes you think that that's not what happened?
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#15]
That's a messed-up Scituation.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#16]
A couple of local clubs I belong to are currently under siege by neighbors making noise complaints. The problem is, the ranges have been there for decades longer than the homeowners who are complaining-and they knew about the active ranges being nearby when they bought their property

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:48:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuckers.

What makes you think that that's not what happened?

And what makes him think this isn't what happened:
Quoted:
About 25yrs ago my in laws house was hit when a LEO MP5 climbed a little too much. Two other houses in the neighborhood were hit as well. Insurance took care of the damage and full auto is no longer allowed at the club but there were no other problems.

However, about 5 years ago someone who had moved in just a couple years prior claimed their house was hit and had the bullet to prove it. He tried to have the club (which has been there for over 70yrs, long before any houses were built nearby) closed down. His downfall however when he presented the offending projectile it had no rifling markings on it and had obviously never been fired. He moved about a year later.

I'm not saying that unsafe behavior is okay, but I would like to know who was in the area first on this one as well.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would like to know who was in the area first on this one as well.

This.

If the range was there before residential development, the homeowners are SOL.

I didn't buy a home near a chicken or swine farms because it smells like shit.  Similarly, I wouldn't buy a home next to a public gun range due to noise and this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:50:55 AM EDT
[#19]
seems to me bullets are flying off-range, range needs to fix that.

if its noise complaints, give earplug to residents?
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:57:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuckers.

They claimed came from the range.

Remember this woman who claimed these bullets hit her house in Iraq.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/blog/afp_Bullet_files/get_image.jpg

I tend to question such claims and would want to see some trajectory analysis.

Worst case the club has to install overhead baffles to prevent any over-the-berm issues.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SVGQMsq50LQ/TkSK9BgEkZI/AAAAAAAAAYM/P2euynpGYmQ/s1600/overhead+view+of+the+ranges1.jpg
That is one seriously nice range.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#22]

First thing I thought of.

Standard fabricated story is standard.

I hope that bitch got blown up by an IED later on.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We had the same at one of our local ranges,, they got to shoot for free and screwed it up for paying members

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#24]
FUUUUCK......

I've attended the NRA Range Management Seminar. Those folks, if those pic's are from there...have spent a METRIC SHIT TON of money on that range. Those overhead "no blue sky" baffles aren't cheap and make it very, very difficult to get rounds off the range unless something really stupid happens. One round....MAYBE....multiples.....not very damn likely.

ETA: apparently those are NOT pics of the range in question.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Misleading title is misleading

Judge bans shooting at Scituate Rod & Gun Club, until they build a bigger berm
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Suppressors...why they are a good idea.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#27]
If worse come to worse the club can sell the land and it can be turned into a open landfill.

Bet the neighbor's would love the smell year round
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Rounds were going off rnge at my club for years.

Roofer who was a club member roofed a few of those houses and pulled bullets out of the roof.

Then one day a round went through a wall across a kitche and into the opposite wall while people were in the kitchen.

Club instituted a range safety education program that had to be attended before a member could shoot and quickly qualified NRA certified RSO for range duty, all while installing baffles to fix the problem.

The berms were made to be 30 feet high instead of the 15 feet. At that point, when people were working on the top of the new 30 foot berms did the club realize how bad of a problem it was due to all the bullets in the trees above the 15 foot berm
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I love Michigan's range protection laws.

Don't like living near a shooting range here? YOU move.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:42:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Roofer who was a club member roofed a few of those houses and pulled bullets out of the roof.

Then one day a round went through a wall across a kitche and into the opposite wall while people were in the kitchen.

Club instituted a range safety education program that had to be attended before a member could shoot and quickly qualified NRA certified RSO for range duty, all while installing baffles to fix the problem.

The berms were made to be 30 feet high instead of the 15 feet. At that point, when people were working on the top of the new 30 foot berms did the club realize how bad of a problem it was due to all the bullets in the trees above the 15 foot berm

If they were fixing roofs, as in more than one, they should have knew it was a big problem and should have corrected it sooner.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Scituate is sickitated?
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they were fixing roofs, as in more than one, they should have knew it was a big problem and should have corrected it sooner.

The roofer never told anybody until the round went through the wall. He just pried them out of the wood and put them in his pocket.

Yep, stupid it was.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Scituate is SE MA which is the epicenter of liberal douchebaggery. I have zero sympathy for people who bought property near an existing gun range.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuckers.

But did they hit? I remember an instance posted here where the bullets that the people claimed that they found on their property had never even been fired.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

PA also.

You should have heard the moaning and gnashing of teeth when someone moved next to my R&G club and found out that the world does not revolve around them.

Immediately after the club started allowing .50 BMGs.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A couple of local clubs I belong to are currently under siege by neighbors making noise complaints. The problem is, the ranges have been there for decades longer than the homeowners who are complaining-and they knew about the active ranges being nearby when they bought their property

The technical term is "coming to the nuisance." And the traditional rule is that if you come to the nuisance (rather than it coming to you), then you have no right to bitch.

Of course, when you involve guns and children playing in yards and cute puppy dogs and soccer moms, and nebulous allegations of stray bullets, you can often find a judge willing to ignore hundreds of years of common law.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a pretty common, and I suspect often fabricated, of people who move next to a range then find out that guns go BANG! Particularly in a libtard area

This isn’t the first time hunting issues have sprung up in the town.

In January 2010, a jogger complained of being startled by a hunter dressed in camouflage who popped out of the bushes.

What round for jogger?

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PA also.

You should have heard the moaning and gnashing of teeth when someone moved next to my R&G club and found out that the world does not revolve around them.

Immediately after the club started allowing .50 BMGs.

Do you have one? Will you be my friend?

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The roofer never told anybody until the round went through the wall. He just pried them out of the wood and put them in his pocket.

Yep, stupid it was.

And nobody ever walked around the range and noticed the trees?  I call shens.  Lots of people knew - they just didn't tell anybody.

At my club, a mylar balloon lost from a birthday party somewhere drifted down and settled high up in a tree.  It got tangled there and just sat for a few weeks.

One day, it was suddenly full of bullet holes.

Our head safety officer reamed the entire club out for that one.  That's the fucking stupidest thing I've ever seen happen at our club, which is normally extremely safe and responsible.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I didn't buy a home near a chicken or swine farms because it smells like shit.  Similarly, I wouldn't buy a home next to a public gun range due to noise and this sort of thing.

You use logic where others don't.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuckers.

He had 3 years to make fixes.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Doesn't matter.

Bullets should not leave your property.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You use logic where others don't.

Ne'er were there paid a higher compliment in GD.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, stupid it was.

It was guaranteed work for him.  Why shut down the gravy train?  
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The funniest part, from what I can glean from the poorly-written article, is that now the town has acquired 31 acres of open land adjacent to the now-closed gun club where folks can legally go shooting in the open, just, as the article puts it, "nailing a Coke can to a tree and shooting it."

Yeah, good job getting that dangerous range with baffles and backstops shut down.  I'm sure folks who shot there will just stop shooting or drive far away, instead of just going next door to some empty land where they can blast away for free.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuckers.

He had 3 years to make fixes.

I'm willing to bet that there were plenty of discussions and letters before a lawsuit happened. Filing a lawsuit as the first and only step is pretty close to "full retard" and not even Eastern Massholes go full retard when it costs that much.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, stupid it was.

Did you all monkey-stomp him?
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#50]

into a nearby propeties.

Great journalism.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top