Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2002 10:27:32 AM EDT
[url]http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/news/0302/0305army.html[/url]
Minorities and Women promoted at a rate higher than male white officers
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#1]
this was true in the Navy too when i was active duty. there was a quota to be met.  i suggested several times that advancement should be by merit and not by race and/or sex.  personnel folders should only have their achievements and social security numbers. no goddamn pictures, race identification, etc. etc.

but what the fuck you gonna do? new world order indeed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
In the Army they need your picture to see if you are chubby. God help you if you look a little overweight. I heard an interesting story about some officers (I was enlisted) who had their official pictures taken from above, while they were flat on their backs. I guess you don't look so fat that way. They were caught because the people looking at the pictures could see the bottom of their shoes. Much easier to be female or minority I guess. John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top