Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2001 12:40:29 PM EDT
J&G Sales reversed their position today regarding SKS sales in CA. Expect others to follow. In their words:

Dear J&G customer,

Unfortunately upon further investigation the Yugo SKS rifles do not appear to be legal to ship to California, although our previous email said they were. The grenade launcher is defined in California as a "destructive device" and cannot be imported or owned in CA. Sorry for any confusion.

We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you all a merry Christmas.
View Quote

Bah humbug!

Edited to add: The Caliban of Californistan always have their way.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
That really sucks. I was hoping to get an SKS to add to my collection.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

i have never seen an SKS with grenade launcher. what are they talking about?
View Quote

Go here to see one:[url] http://www.aimsurplus.com/[/url]

I bought a like-new one from InterOrdnance and it is very nice. Damn good shooter too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Are SKS rifles legal to buy and sell in the PRK?  I never see them at gun stores and if I remember correctly there was some confusion about SKS rifles during the PRK's AW registration period.  If it doesn't have a pistol grip, bayonet or flashider it should be legal.  Right???
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I've received mixed information regarding the Romanian SKS's as well and they have no evil features. But I think Ratters said he saw them for sale in CA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top