Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2001 7:09:49 AM EDT
Wondering when the time will come when lawyers will turn their sights on the vast wealth accumulated by the media ? When a doctor makes a mistake he or she is sued in both a court of law and the court of public opinion. They might win legaly but they seldom win the public contest. When an acredited news program lies, exibits bias or just plain screws up why do they get a free ride ? It seems that their continued "mistakes" wreak havoc on society far greater than that of any simple physician.

"The most brilliant propogandist technique will yeild no success unless one fundamental principale is borne in mind constantly...it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over"
Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propoganda Minister
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Its protected under the First Amendment.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Well stated Early Chow Recuit! I would love to see the B@stards held accountable for their screw-ups. Most of the liberal press bull IS intentional.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Does the first amendment alow for deliberate misinformation ? and does the journalistic oath apply ? How about slandorous remarks about an individual, a manufacturer or an industry ? It seems to me freedom of speech is going the way of the dinosaur. You may now speak with impunity if you are a hollywood elite or a liberal lackey, long live elastic morality.

"Your America is doing many things in the economic field which we found out caused us so much trouble. You are trying to control people's lives. And no country can do that part way. I have tried it and failed. Nor can any country do it all the way either. I tried that too, and it failed"
Herman Goering, Nazi Minister, 1946
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top