Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 3:44:29 PM EDT
CNN's Crossfire invites Jon Stewart (The Daily Show - Comedy Central) on as a guest, and Jon verbally rapes them on the air.  Read the transcript, funny shit:

CNN Transcript

Choice Quotes:

-----------------

CARLSON: Is this really Jon Stewart? What is this, anyway?

STEWART: Yes, it's someone who watches your show and cannot take it anymore.

-----------------

STEWART: You know what's interesting, though? You're as big a dick on your show as you are on any show.

-----------------

STEWART: You know, the interesting thing I have is, you have a responsibility to the public discourse, and you fail miserably.

CARLSON: You need to get a job at a journalism school, I think.

STEWART: You need to go to one.

-----------------

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: Will jump on it.

In many ways, it's funny. And I made a special effort to come on the show today, because I have privately, amongst my friends and also in occasional newspapers and television shows, mentioned this show as being bad.

(LAUGHTER)

BEGALA: We have noticed.

STEWART: And I wanted to -- I felt that that wasn't fair and I should come here and tell you that I don't -- it's not so much that it's bad, as it's hurting America.

(LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: But in its defense...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: So I wanted to come here today and say...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: Here's just what I wanted to tell you guys.

CARLSON: Yes.

STEWART: Stop.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: Stop, stop, stop, stop hurting America.

BEGALA: OK. Now

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: And come work for us, because we, as the people...

CARLSON: How do you pay?

STEWART: The people -- not well.

(LAUGHTER)

BEGALA: Better than CNN, I'm sure.

STEWART: But you can sleep at night.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: See, the thing is, we need your help. Right now, you're helping the politicians and the corporations. And we're left out there to mow our lawns.

BEGALA: By beating up on them? You just said we're too rough on them when they make mistakes.

STEWART: No, no, no, you're not too rough on them. You're part of their strategies. You are partisan, what do you call it, hacks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
He's an asshat.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Paul Begala
Tucker Carlson
Jon Stewart

I'd rather shove pins in my eyes than listen to that threesome.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]

I should add that yes, Jon Stewart is an evil Kerry-backer.  But more importantly he hates stupid partisan shows like Crossfire, which is a pretty neutral thing to hate.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I should add that yes, Jon Stewart is an evil Kerry-backer.

One.

But more importantly he hates stupid partisan shows like Crossfire, which is a pretty neutral thing to hate.

Two and Three.

Three, <tap>, Three, <tap>, Three jackasses in one.

Edited to add: My apoligies to the Certs marketing division.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Jon Stewart in the Crossfire - We can only hope someday.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Begala and Carlson are partisan hacks, but Jon Stewart is a partisan asswipe who thinks he's funny.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate Jon Stewart, but I hate CNN and Tucker Carlson as well.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Jon Stewart is a  legend in his own mind
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]
John Stewart called the Vice Pres of NRA Wayne LaPierre the PRESIDENT of NAMBLA (north american man-boy love association) on a recent episode.

Satire is satire but this comment is just stupid.

And to think there are people who "generate" their beliefs listening to this (all these) guys.

I agree...he is an asshat....like a big rainbow colored clown as sitting on top of a smiley face:
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#10]

I'm quite surprised that the crowd here had this reaction to Stewart, but now I'll know not to bring him up again.  I, for one, can seperate politics from comedy, and I could care less what his ideals are, it's a funny show to watch, and he's pretty good at the funny news thing.  I'm not a big fan or anything, but I do watch it when I happen to notice it on.    Seeing a guy who runs a comedy show, which happens to be a parody of a news show, go on a major news "debate" show, and call them all out as clowns who are a disservice to the public and incapable of real journalism, was very cool in my book.  Just because he's a misguided liberal doesn't mean that he can't be intelligent enough to see how a show like Crossfire is a genuine disservice and a mockery of what news media should be, and I applaud his efforts to call them out, to their face, on their own show.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like he's just being an dick.

I've never seen Crossfire but I've seen Tucker Carlson's show on PBS and he doesn't seem so bad.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I like Jon Stewart. I dont watch Crossfire, so I have no opinion on it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm quite surprised that the crowd here had this reaction to Stewart, but now I'll know not to bring him up again.  I, for one, can seperate politics from comedy, and I could care less what his ideals are, it's a funny show to watch, and he's pretty good at the funny news thing.  I'm not a big fan or anything, but I do watch it when I happen to notice it on.    Seeing a guy who runs a comedy show, which happens to be a parody of a news show, go on a major news "debate" show, and call them all out as clowns who are a disservice to the public and incapable of real journalism, was very cool in my book.  Just because he's a misguided liberal doesn't mean that he can't be intelligent enough to see how a show like Crossfire is a genuine disservice and a mockery of what news media should be, and I applaud his efforts to call them out, to their face, on their own show.

+1 I like Stewart I think he is very funny because for the most part no one is safe. Everyone is a target.  He is to liberal no question. I also kind of think Kerry is an.  No really look at him he is like nine and a half feet tall and weighs like a pound and a half and his skin look in constant danger of sloughing off. Hes a freaking alien
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#16]
You've got to be kidding me,

Miller's witless.

He used to be OK, since he got his new show he reminds me way too much of Geraldo back in the Clinton years.

Carlson is the weak conservative CNN trots out, like Colmes on fox.

He's not even sure if he'll vote for Bush, against Iraq.

Stewart wasn't so bad before Iraq, if you're in favor of that campaign I can understand why you'd be so down on him.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I should add that yes, Jon Stewart is an evil Kerry-backer.  But more importantly he hates stupid partisan shows like Crossfire, which is a pretty neutral thing to hate.

No disrespect, but.....

How's hating a TV show more important than the fact he's voting for Kerry?  

Think Stewart would laugh with you if you handed him a rifle and said "lets hit the range and fire a few boxes"

He gets no pass from me. I still won't watch his show.

I'd rather watch Dennis Miller. He has the character to step up and say "I was wrong when I was a liberal weiner"
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You've got to be kidding me,

Miller's witless.

He used to be OK, since he got his new show he reminds me way too much of Geraldo back in the Clinton years.

Carlson is the weak conservative CNN trots out, like Colmes on fox.

He's not even sure if he'll vote for Bush, against Iraq.

Stewart wasn't so bad before Iraq, if you're in favor of that campaign I can understand why you'd be so down on him.

Witless?

By the statement "that campaign" I guess your a Kerryite? Then I can understand why you think a guy like Miller is witless....he doesn't pretend to be an everyman like Stewart who is Rainbow Flag through and through.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Dennis Miller would hand him his Leftist ASS on a plate, to the gleeful giggles of his mostly Pro-Bush audience.

If you're not watching DM. You're missing out.

D.
AZEX

DM has been heckled...and he lays the hammer. They don't screen the audience for party affiliation. I've heard plenty of claps when a lib on the show makes some rip roaring point.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Hep,

Why would you guess that?

No, I don't support Kerry, can't stand the man.

I have a deep dislike for partisanship over principle.

I don't care what the party line is, I make up my own mind.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Jon Stewart does make fun of both sides, but it is far more hateful against Republicans/Conservatives.  I'll often watch the Daily Show for a few minutes until he pisses me off then I change the channel.  I'm guessing I won't be able to watch again until a Democrat is president - here's to hoping I never watch it again.    

For some asshat we can all agree sucks: how about that Bill Maher?  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I like DM allot as well at least when he was on HBO. I guess I really just like seeing the politicos get smacked around or called on the carpet. I think there are a lot of bad politicians who don’t get that enough. They are far to worried about getting reelected instead of voting on what we elect them to vote for. I am really sick and tired of there partisan crap.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Aye... I was really impressed. He made the Crossfire douches look like the idiots they are in their own house! HA!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Jon Stewart does make fun of both sides, but it is far more hateful against Republicans/Conservatives.

His coverage of the Demovcratic primaries was called "Race from the White House" (Translation: These guys all suck so bad they cant posibly beat Bush) Yep, thats hateful against conservatives.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#25]
John Stewart is a fucktard, who, although he is funny, pushes his leftist ideas.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
His coverage of the Demovcratic primaries was called "Race from the White House" (Translation: These guys all suck so bad they cant posibly beat Bush) Yep, thats hateful against conservatives.

OMG - don't make me compile a list.  The Daily Show always calls it that or something similar.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Aye... I was really impressed. He made the Crossfire douches look like the idiots they are in their own house! HA!

I agree, I downloaded the clip and saw it and he definately owned them.

The hosts were expecting it to all be a big joke, but Jon played it seriously and made them look like asshats.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Jon Stewart does make fun of both sides, but it is far more hateful against Republicans/Conservatives.  I'll often watch the Daily Show for a few minutes until he pisses me off then I change the channel.  I'm guessing I won't be able to watch again until a Democrat is president - here's to hoping I never watch it again.    

For some asshat we can all agree sucks: how about that Bill Maher?  

That is because they give him more to work with................
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#29]
stewart is liberal trash. the danger is the sheep who watch his show think he is an independent, so he pushes his and the democratic party agenda on them without them even knowing.

he ruined the daily show.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
That is because they give him more to work with................

You're right:  Kerry is a far better choice.    
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hep,

Why would you guess that?

No, I don't support Kerry, can't stand the man.

I have a deep dislike for partisanship over principle.

I don't care what the party line is, I make up my own mind.

Fair enough.

But comparing DM and Geraldo is silly.  Geraldo was a looney partisan, I recall seeing his show and wanting to really wretch. DM doesn't lay the hammer as often as I like...he steps back, remains civil and even affible.  It takes ALLOT to get him "Geraldo crazy"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jon Stewart does make fun of both sides, but it is far more hateful against Republicans/Conservatives.

The Primaries? That was 100 years ago in political terms. Now JS is goose stepping with the other koolaide drinkers. He can be as cool and quick as you like, at the end of the day he's still looking for a Kerry win.

Anyone remember JS's weepy post-9/11 show where he was teary? Well, where is that anger and rage now???
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The hosts were expecting it to all be a big joke, but Jon played it seriously and made them look like asshats.

Hey, where is that clip? Link?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

No disrespect, but.....

How's hating a TV show more important than the fact he's voting for Kerry?  

Think Stewart would laugh with you if you handed him a rifle and said "lets hit the range and fire a few boxes"

He'd probably laugh and then come with you and make a funny segment for his show out of it.

WHY IS IT MORE IMPORTANT? Because he hates the show AND the media parent compnay (CNN) which is responsible for creating millions of Kerry votes.

Everyone is fair game for Stewart despite his politics. I respect that.

You don't have to like Stewarts politics to agree with him about his criticism of the media. He is spot on in that regard.

How often do you have a very popular person come on CNN and call CNN and his hosts a bunch of irresponsible asshats and political hacks too their faces? They need to hear that more often!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, where is that clip? Link?

Yea the video really makes it cleaar... you can really see how offended angry and surprised the Crossfire 'tards are and how frustrated John Stewart is...

VIDEO OF THE EXCHANGE
www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2652831&htv=12&htv=12&htv=12

It's free if you choose 56kbps or 200kbps
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Now that I've seen it this is my observation:  Jon Stewart is trying to use the Charles-Barkley-I'm-not-a-role-model excuse.  He claims his show is just a comedy/entertainment show. This is true, but whether he wants to admit it or not for a frightening number of stoned college students it is their sole source of news/political information.  Whether or not Jon Stewart wants that responsibility and regardless of how silly it sounds: he is responsible for informing a pretty large sector of the population and he does favor the Democrats with his mockery.  In this episode of Crossfire he mentioned that it would be pretty hard for any other group to top the absurdity of "this group" (GWBs team). How about a president that gets a hummer in the oval office and pretends to not be clear on the definition of "is"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top