Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 6:51:22 AM EDT
He is a entertaining host, much better than lame ass Letterman or Gonad O'Brien. Watching Letterman is like shopping at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:02:52 AM EDT
He's really changed The Daily Show. It's halfway serious now. I tuned in for the first time in a while, and he had some political author on instead of an entertainer, and I thought "What the hell?" It was a pretty somber interview, very little of the funny. I liked Craig Kilborn because he looks and acts like a tv anchor, and the humor was so mean-spirited. But he wasn't that great of an interviewer. He was ok. Jon Stewart's a great interviewer, but doesn't look or deliver the fake news like a tv anchor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:05:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:06:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:06:30 AM EDT
Letterman rocks!!! Just yesterday he threw 35gallons of superballs off a 10 story building! Where else will you find entertainment like that!?!? Letterman & Wal*Mart are leaders in their markets!! Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:09:18 AM EDT
He is a very funny guy. But, he is a flaming liberal. He is clearly biased against anything from the right. He tries to hide it a bit, but isn't successful. Watch him for an entire week and you'll catch it. Don't get me wrong. I think comedy should parody the establishment. But it should parody and insult BOTH political sides. he does not.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:11:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:16:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By raven: He's really changed The Daily Show. It's halfway serious now. I tuned in for the first time in a while, and he had some political author on instead of an entertainer, and I thought "What the hell?" It was a pretty somber interview, very little of the funny. I liked Craig Kilborn because he looks and acts like a tv anchor, and the humor was so mean-spirited. But he wasn't that great of an interviewer. He was ok. Jon Stewart's a great interviewer, but doesn't look or deliver the fake news like a tv anchor.
View Quote
I agree is more serious than CK. However, as you pointed out, the show has been bringing in more serious-type guests. Lately, there have been no brainless actors for the lame 20-questions bit. I think Stewart can do either bit exceptionally: serious and funny (but not good at mean-funny). It all depends on where the producers orientate the program. As far as the politcal prority of the program and Stewart: I think they are pretty open minded. Much of the war based "reporting" I found to be more right-sided.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:17:39 AM EDT
After the "snipers wanted" bit he did on Bush during the 2000 campaign, I will never watch his show.
Top Top