Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 11:12:02 PM EDT
Lets hear about what pranks you pulled while working.

ME? bahhahah I got a few...

New guy just off FTO...so I welcomed him to the PD.  I filled his patrol car's cab all the way full of shreaded paper and taped to his windshield "Welcome to Rawlins PD    P-25.

The old Chief of Police told me to pull this one......fold a piece of paper in half and then fill it with baby powder.  Then get into someones vehicle and place it into the sun visor.  Bahahahah I guy I got actually radioed "I have to go to my residence, I'm white as Casper the ghost."

Used black tape to spell out "Honk if you like cops" on the back of the LT's car.  She didn't get any honks that day.  Bahahah she still doesn't know it was me!  

Come one boys, lets hear em!!

David
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The current generation of officers I work with doesn't pull anywhere near the number of pranks the old generation did from back when I started. Guess they need a few more years on the job to ease into that. The current administration also discourages unprofessional conduct, unlike the guys in charge who would look the other way back in the day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Just today had to screw with a rookie that can't seem to keep his mouth shut.  We were on our way back from a SWAT callout and were trying to get down into the parking garage with the SWAT truck.  This clown had his cruiser blocking the ramp while he went in the station to do who knows what.  One of the guys had a spare key to the cruiser since they share it, so he jumped out and pulled his cruiser down into the garage.  Parked it all the way in the back of the garage behind some other vehicles and all the rookies stuff got dumped in the trunk.  Then we went about our business.  Wonder how long it took him to find his car......

Another time a few months ago, another rookie left his car unlocked behind station on midnights.  We took a hole puncher and filled the vents up with the holes and turned his AC on high.  Also did the usual cranking of the stereo ETC.  turned his in car camera around to record him and waited.  We have a controlable camera at the rear of station so we focused it in on him also.  When he got in the car and fired it up it looked like a blizzard in his drivers seat.  funny ass stuff watching him cuss and try to figure out what happend on the tapes.... those tapes made rounds around roll call for a while...

got TONS of other ones for another day
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#3]

We took a hole puncher and filled the vents up with the holes and turned his AC on high

We have doen that one a few times. VERY FUNNY. Two of our detectives are in a running (for the last 2 years) battle with eachother. I support who ever got it last and stay out of the line of fire. They have a 3 x 5 card with the number 8 on it that gets passed back and forth. The last one I helped out on was great. One of the guys who is not very computer savy left his computer loged on. So I went into Word and changed the auto correct to automaticaly change the word "the" to "ass" each time he wrote it. He cought it about a paragraph into a report. The look on his face was classic. He had to call one of the office girls in to fix it.

We have a lot of fun around the office. The bosses are cool with it as long as it dones not cross the line.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]
We have our inter-agency email server and once in a while someone will stay logged in by accident.

I've sent out email to the entire station:

"I recently left my Back Street Boys tape in my service vehicle.  If you've seen it, please let me know as I no longer have anything to sing along to, during work."

"Just wanted to let everyone know I left my shoe in one of the vehicles.  Drop me a line if you've seen it." - The guys kept bringing in old muddy shoes and leaving them in his mail drawer at the station.

After a few more guys started in on the same gag (love letters to their sups and comming out of the closet), they finally came down the guys for not securing their passwords, loggging out, and wasting resources, so now I just send it out to a few dozen people and no supervisors.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Trooper put a bumper sticker on my patrol car. I knew who it was and didn't say anything. I let him stew for a while about what he was going to get in return. I put a "If you don't like my driving dial 1-800-EAT-SHIT" sticker on his front bumper. He didn't catch it before going to work that afternoon. A Sgt. and other Troopers he stopped for supper with were laughing and pointed it out to him. He told me later most of the people he stopped were laughing at him and he couldn't figure out why.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#6]
When I was a new agent, I left my suit  jacket  on the coat rack with my creds in the inside pocket.

Later that day, I went to a motel where a bank robber had been staying. I contacted the manager to gain access to the room and displayed my creds to identify myself to her.

She cocked her head, and then asked " Is that your best side?". I then turned my creds around and looked at them. Someone had taped a picture of a dog peeing on a fire hydrant over my picture.

I started carrying my creds in my pants pocket.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
We at the firehouse also have done the paper holes in the defroster.  But I think my best one was to take someones car keys in a bowel of water and put them in the freezer.( also has been done to bed sheets.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#8]
The inter-department mail is great..

Poor Rick....this guy always leaves his computer open.  Many of us has recieved various love letters over time about how Ricky Poo loves his pink shoes and pink underware and wants to share love with eveyone.  Sometimes it happens to him serveral times a day.  Had another officer had his entire screen turned black....he wouldn't tell where the pointer was or where to click.  He screwed up though....got back at the wrong person....fingerprint dust on the stering wheel..damn thats funny.

Another big one with us is the citation book.  Many have been filled with paper holes, taped shut, lost for god knows how long.  Someone had a tampon put in theirs once.  Many are found like this in front of a soon reciptant of one. bhahahahah
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Take a Electrical wire and connect the Break Light Fuse with the Horn fuse....

Every time the person steps on his/her breaks the horn goes off..  :)  great weddin gag too :)

And hopefuly Monday Sept 6th, I will be joinging your ranks 'under the shield' as my papars will be processed & I'll be recievein a call for the PAT test, and others.

SarasotaSheriff.org
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Take a Electrical wire and connect the Break Light Fuse with the Horn fuse....

Every time the person steps on his/her breaks the horn goes off..  :)  great weddin gag too :)

And hopefuly Monday Sept 6th, I will be joinging your ranks 'under the shield' as my papars will be processed & I'll be recievein a call for the PAT test, and others.

SarasotaSheriff.org

Ha, I need to try that one!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I once told a new airman that we had to go and answer an accident call. I had seen a run over squirrell earlier in the shift and figured it would be fun to screw with the newbie because he said that he "knew" all the old jokes. I told my flight chief to dispatch me to the "accident" and I'd call him on the radio and ask him to go to the alternate freq and inform him that I did not have my traffic kit with me. I knew that the newbie would be monitoring and would volunteer to "assist" me. Sure enough as soon as the flight chief gave me an ass chewing for not being "prepared" the newbie called in and said that he had his traffic kit with him!!

Once he arrived I told him that an "endangered spotted ground squirrell" had been run over and we had to document the situation and send the report to the EPA This clown bought it hook line and sinker. He actually chalked the outline of the dead squirrell and wrote his name time and date in chalk beside it and photographed the "accident"!! I told him to send the report up the chain to the base commander and to place the carcas in a bag and transport it to the stray animal pen.  Airman Jewett was forever known as "Squirrell Boy" after that

I also sent one of my young troops to the OB/GYN for his anual PAP SMEAR exam!! I told him that I would take him since he didn't have a car. When he arrived at the clinic the young female airman just kind of smiled and said let me get the captain. I stood in the corner trying not to  laugh too hard. The female captain proceeded to explain a PAP Smear test to the young airman and he turned about 3 shades of red. I was then lectured by the captain that she didn't have time for immature SP pranks
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Black shoe polish on the toilet seat.
plastic wrap over the top of the bowl, then out the seat down.

My favorite was this

A guy was on the hopper, our Capt went into the stall next to him with a dishsoap bottle of warm water, unzips his fly and begins squirting the water in the toilet, then starts to fake cough.......... shooting water all over especially under the next stall and all over this poor bastards shoes and pants.

The guy this swearing like I've never herd before, and doesn't want to touch his pants to pull them up because the are soaked with what he thinks is piss, hell its even warm!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:42:27 AM EDT
[#14]
One night, an unfortunate officer from another department was at our station, and he left his cruiser unlocked.  A few of us decided to do the usual radio crank, heater on high thing.  When one of us got into the car, we knocked his mic off of its holder and onto the floor.  The mic got keyed for just a second.  All of a sudden, we hear his dispatch calling for him.  It turns out that his agency has the radio ID as a part of every transmission.  We ended up just going inside and telling him that his agency was trying to get ahold of him.  Crappy end to a promising situation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Spray a little CS on the foam filter behind the vent. Works even better in cold weather when the heater kicks on.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#16]
The practical jokes got so out of hand at my dept. the chief put out a memo telling everyone to knock it off.  This was after someone slipped a dead opossum in somebodys locker. the day they started their 4 day break.  the smell was so bad, you could smell it throughout the entire HQ building.  The victim couldn't get the smell out and had to throw away all of his uniforms.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#17]
the only two that stick out  in my mind are . one time we chained a guy's cruiser to a tree in the parking lot and filled the washer fluid tank of another guy's car with oil.

There is a story  about a Sgt who about tens years ago or so on x-mas eve had two or three guys running all over a neighborhood looking for a heavy set guy in a red shirt and pants on a roof top.

J
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Pump can through the window while one of the guys was dropping the kids off at the pool.  SOAKED HIM GOOD. And because you are on the other side of the frosted glass, they can';t see who did it!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
We at the firehouse also have done the paper holes in the defroster.  But I think my best one was to take someones car keys in a bowel of water and put them in the freezer.( also has been done to bed sheets.

That joke is MUCH more effective with flour, or baking soda.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:02:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're evil! I like that!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Flex cuffed a dead squirrel to the cage between the drivers and passenger seat (at face level, at night.)  Squirrels back to the cage and attached just under the front legs.  Looked like a begging dog.  When the rookie got in his car and took off, he got about a half block away, hit the breaks and bailed...It was GREAT!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Another firehouse classic...

Open the water tank of a toilet...take loose the little hose that fills the tank when you flush...position said hose on the outside of the tank, under the lid, aiming toward the front...

The next person to use the toilet will get a shower when they flush.
(works particularly good if the person does a "courtesy flush" while still seated.)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Local cops have learned to check thier bumpers after parking at our FD afetr we got a dozen bumper stickers that said "honk if you support gay cops" and "department asshole".
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I was told this story by one of the retired guys from JPD. so keep in mind this about 30 years ago this happened.  We have a 4 to 1 rail merge where the trains can drop cars when needed.  well "Dan" and his partner "Jake" always took turns napping on midnights.  Jake was the younger officer and was nervous about sleeping while Dan was driving because Dan worked all day at the Steel mill then Midnights at the PD.  so one night when Jake fell asleep Dan talked to the engineer from one of the trains and had him pull the train close to the crossing and stop. Dan then parked the car about 15 feet from the front of the train, exited the vehicle and locked the doors.  The engineer waited till Dan cleared the car before turning the spotlights on and riding the air horn.  Needless to say Jake had to go change his uniform after that prank.

I heard many other ones from the pair but can't type all of them at once.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#25]
FD left they're rescue rig running outside the hospital after dropping a run off.  Pulled it around the corner and waited......should have seen they guys faces when they came out!  They the radio call to dispatch was, "Ah radio this is XXXX, We..ahhh....we're out at XXXX (hospital)....ahh....we'll call in...(code for emergency calling to the station/dispatch)."  All this while running about 30', then changing direction and running the other way about 30' wiping their heasd around looking.

We're parked across the street watching with binoc laughing our asses off.

OOooo, ooo another one.

How about the LARGE explosive (think larger than M-80) ignited outside FD sleeping quarters at 0500 hrs while they're all nice and sleeping!  They all come running out like the ant hill you bust open.  "Whats going on?!?!?!?"

Curse those FD guys..getting paid to sleep and wash/wax their cars!  I checked the wrong box!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Three of us were returning from a week long training. The guy in the back was taking a snooze when I came upon a cab-over semi tractor being towed by a wrecker. I pulled up right behind the semi and layed on the horn while the two of us in front let out a frightening scream. The guy in the rear looked up and could just see the radiator and grill. He screamed also and tried to claw his way out of the patrol car. We laughed our asses off at him as he was white as a ghost and we could see his heart beating through his shirt. Ten years later it still raises his blood pressure to mention it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Keep em comin. I'm too busy writing these all down!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#28]
We carry apha-numeric pagers that give us information about the calls we are being dispatched to
(they basically just say the same thing that is on the print out we get...and what the dispatcher has already told us when we are toned out)

I was able to obtain the phone number to the pager my Battalion Chief carries...So...every shift, I send him a message that says "LOW BATTERY".
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Here's one we pulled on a hated ASAC (Assistant Special Agent -in-Charge), a real prick.

The Sheriff, Chief of Police, SAC and ASAC, as well as the local DA and US Attorney were having a big press conference to announce the take down of a big joint investigation. The local TV stations were covering in "live at five".

Someone (tee-hee-hee) sent the ASAC a text message on his pager during the  televised press conference to the effect that his fly was down. The whole office was watching as the ASAC's pager went off. He pulled it off his belt, read it and then immeadiately looked down at his zipper. Realizing that he had been had, he looked up into the camera with a look of total resignation.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a feeling reading this is going to get me in trouble, I'm about to get sent to the acadamy, so soon enough I will be joining you guys.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Done the confetti in the vents, tuna fish under the seat, hidin the car.

Put confetti in the brim of a troopers campaign hat so just a little would fall out un-noticed everytime he put it on. Filled out and turned in a Mcdonalds application for a guy that wasn't well liked. OC on the brim of a cup.  Roll firecrackers under the restroom door.

One I particularly liked was getting a disturbance call at one of the local bars. When we got there we found lots of happy drunks and one confused Billy Goat in the bar. We take the goat into custody and haul his ass to jail. Complete booking and photos, couldn't get the prints done, and throw his ass in the cell. It's about 0200 by now.

The Chief comes in early and heads for the coffee pot when he hears this hell raising from the cell area. Chief's goin nuts wonderin WTF is making that noise. We tell him it's an EDP and show him the booking sheet. Last name; Goat, First name; Billy.

Were yelling down the hall tellin Billy to knock it off. Chief is pissed. He still hasn't caught on. He finally has had enough and marches in to tell Billy to shut the hell up with that stupid noise. Chief walks back out with the 'you pricks' look on his face.

We spend about an hour with the Chief laughin about the whole thing and especially pulling it over on him. Best Chief I ever worked for.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Put a pair of paintis on the outside of a pair of the bunker pants....   with the pants bunched up over the boots it hides them......we did this to the ASSt. Chief who is a well you get the idea
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Two come to mind:

We had a problem with racoons getting into one of our out-buildings at the P.D. so to be politically correct the city put out live traps....bad idea.  The first one caught was half grown and the midnight guys put it into a Sgt's locker.  It jumped out of the locker, made the Sgt. nearly crap his pants and took two days to recapture in the building.  The story about racoon's is true, what they can't tear up they will shit on.  Three hours in that locker and it wasn't pretty.  The second one caught was the same size as the first and it got put into a patrol car at shift change.  He made it halfway across the back lot before the little guy showed himself.  It was like a chinese fire drill gone bad.  It must be common for racoons to shit when they get scared because it crapped a couple of times in the car and even the bad guys were bitching about the smell during transport.  I kept a copy of the memo from the Chief ordering us not to put live animals where they aren't supposed to go.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Back in my college days, I worked for the college PD and ran a student security force for them.  One night during the summer, I was pulling an over night guard duty that none of the PD Officers wanted to do.  I figure what the hell, there was a TV and VCR, so I brought some movies to tie me over while I was guarding some valuables and what not.  

During my second movie, I heard some rustling coming from a nearby closet/storage room that had an exterior entry door.  I paused the movie, grabbed my OC Spray (students didn't get guns, go figure...hehe), and approached the door.  OC in one hand and flash light in the other, I opened the door to investigate the dark and desolate room.

I nearly shit my pants when I opened the door, and saw two of the PD's Officers, who were friends of mine, drawing down on me with squirt guns.  They then proceeded to drench me.  

I can't tell you how close I came to ruining their nights with a good blast of OC Spray.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Corn Starch, guys... no grit in the texture, and the fineness allows it to settle into the weave - less detectable.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Put a pair of paintis on the outside of a pair of the bunker pants....   with the pants bunched up over the boots it hides them......we did this to the ASSt. Chief who is a well you get the idea

Maxi pads (OK, you butch uber-studs... if that's too "icky" for you then the absorbent trauma dressings or the absorbent part of size 1 or 2 diapers) soaked full of liquid in the bottom of bunker boots.

If you store the liquid in a medium it doesn't splash or make noise to alert your victim when he picks up his gear and puts his feet into his boots...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#37]
when i was a Jail Ofc. , my partner and I couldn't stand the day shift guy.  he was a total loser and could f***up a wet dream.  anyway, my partner started wearing black corpral collar brass from his guard unit.  he wore them for about 2 shifts, enough for the day guy to notice.  every body on the department knew what was going on, except the day guy, even the sheriff knew this was going to work.
anyway, after the 2 days of wearing the black collar brass, instead of the silver MCSD, like everybody else, we typed a letter on County Letterhead about being recognized for his performance and what an asset he was to the blah blah blah.  we threw in a set of silver corpral brass and told him that he was the day corpral.  we did that on a saturday.  he called his wife and told her the good news, before we hit the sallyport!  he wore them all weekend and on Tuesday (holiday weekend), he marched into the sheriff's office with a list of changes he wanted to make.  the sheriff just laughed and said, "Its a joke, Mark."
Downtrodden, he had to go to Records and ask the gals for his old collar brass back.  He turned in the old collar brass!

We still laugh today about that one.
Don't feel bad for the guy...he gave his glock to the Trustee once. Seriously, he's stupid.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#38]
two best i've seen are the rookie who actually hid his stuff to keep from getting messed with.  I found him the next morning trying to defrost his hard badge shirt out of a large stock pot of ice.  Also, my old fire captain when he was a rookie, discharged a 20 lb extinguisher under the door of the crapper on the guy who was promoted past him to fire chief many years later.  Still gets a laugh, and a scowl.  Easy610, you did check the wrong box--sleepy time is nice time.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#39]
During the winter -Paper Mache the Personal vehicle with toilet paper and use spray bottle to apply water so it will freeze.

Multiple coats of toilet paper(10 or more) for best results,the best area's to apply are the windows,windshield,and for doors around the perimeter and lock area.

Wait for Shift Change and enjoy !

Anytime of year - Take Kool Aid and pour into glove fingers "Works especially well at fire dept" When the gloves are put on and worked up to a sweat the person wearing the gloves will actually "taste" the sweet mixture being absorbed into the body.

The above is priceless when you come to Rehab and take off gear to rehydrate "the guy wearing the gloves will have colored fingers that wont wash off for at least 6 hours.For best results use different flavors for each glove finger "it only takes a teaspoon ammount in each finger"

Sit back and Enjoy !

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

We took a hole puncher and filled the vents up with the holes and turned his AC on high

We have doen that one a few times. VERY FUNNY. Two of our detectives are in a running (for the last 2 years) battle with eachother. I support who ever got it last and stay out of the line of fire. They have a 3 x 5 card with the number 8 on it that gets passed back and forth. The last one I helped out on was great. One of the guys who is not very computer savy left his computer loged on. So I went into Word and changed the auto correct to automaticaly change the word "the" to "ass" each time he wrote it. He cought it about a paragraph into a report. The look on his face was classic. He had to call one of the office girls in to fix it.

We have a lot of fun around the office. The bosses are cool with it as long as it dones not cross the line.

A fun thing to do along similar lines.  If they have Windows NT/200/XP/ME.  If they fail to lock their system.  Take a screenshot, set it as the background, then lock it and drag the locked messege to the very edge where you can only barely see a tiny cornet of it if you look hard.  

They will spend at least 15 minutes tryign to figure out why their computer is "frozen".
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#41]
This is one of the funniest things I ever saw in my life, and 100% true: I couldn't make this up.

I work as a firefighter/paramedic.
I responded to a call for a motor vehicle accident/rollover.
I arrived on scene and sure enough, in an area off the beaten track there was a car rolled over in the desert. I checked the car and around the scene and the driver appearently left the scene.
Before I leave a Highway Patrol car rolls up. I tell the officer that the driver took off.
About this time, a dispatcher from a private ambulance company shows up. Appearently he is a scanner buff, heard the call and wanted to see death and destruction.
The Highway Patrol officer asks us if we want to help him play a joke on a rookie that is working his first ever shift on his own tonight.
He told this dispatcher to lay down on the ground next to the rolled over car and we cover him with a sheet. No sooner than we get him covered, the rookie pulls up. The older officer puts his hand on the rookies shoulder and tells him, "I hate to do this to you on your first night, but you might as well take a look at this. It's bad, but you need to get used to stuff like this".
The rookie has a somber look on his face and nods his head. He walks over to the sheet and slowly lifts it up. Just as he lifts the sheet, the guy under the sheet jumps up and screams.
The rookie jumps back five feet AND STARTS TO DRAW HIS GUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The old cop grabs him in a bear hug to pin his arms.
We all just about S**t down both legs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:58:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Way back when,  I used to work as a paramedic for a private ambulance company. One of my partners was real young and very straight laced. He would get embarresed at the drop of a hat.  We used to switch off taking turns driving while the other guy took care of the patient.
I used to carry a can of that fart spray in my bag. When it was his turn to take care of the patient, I would be driving down the road and stick my hand back into the patient compartment and spray the fart spray. I would wait a minute and start in on him. "Damn Roy, what did you eat ?". " I hope that you can wait until we get to the hospital's bathroom". He would turn beat red and be pissed for hours.
Then I would wait until it was his turn to drive. We would be sitting at a traffic light with people in the cross walk. I would reach over to the siren and switch on the air horn and then look at him like, what are you doing ? Again, he would turn beat red.

Of course there is always the Ex-Lax in the ice cream trick for people who won't pay into the chow fund but get up in the middle of the night and eat all the leftovers.
And of course the spring snake in the can of mixed nuts.
Then there is always the rubber band on the sink sprayer.
You can't forget filling people's turn-out boots with water.

We had a guy that was having a fight with his girlfriend on the phone. He would call her, argue for a minute or two and hang up. She would call back..................................... Finally, we buttered the phone reciever so the next time he answered it, he got an ear full of butter.

Another one of the better jokes, I wasn't really in on, but happened to drive by the station where it was being done and saw it happen. They had an older guy that loved to screw with the rookies. Only he was doing it because he was on a power trip. It wasn't even funny. One day he told a rookie to go outside and pull weeds. It was about 110 degrees outside at the time. The other guys on the crew waited about a half hour and went out to the engine and got out all the EMS stuff. They went out and told the rookie what they were going to do. They acted like the rookie was in cardiac arrest and started working on him with all the gear hooked up. After a few minutes they said, it's no use, he's dead. The  put him on a backboard and carried him into the station and covered him up with a sheet. A few minutes later the Battalion Chief showed up along with a couple cops (one of the guy's on the crew's brother)  and called this guy into the Captain's office and read him his rights as they put on the cuffs.

Same station we had a guy that was working part time off duty at an auto parts store. He was always coming in and telling us about some girl that worked there and how hot she was. So one day we called up a florist and had flowers delivered to him at the station with a note from this girl telling him how she really wanted to hook up with him but was afraid to ask and what she wanted to do to him ................. So of course he went into work the next day and got a rude awakening.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Great firehouse gag that used to get played around my dept. quite a bit:

(I posted this once before, a long time ago)

INGREDIENTS:

1. Un-suspecting rookie

2. SCBA bottle (full)

3. tape

4. long oxygen connection tubing (like comes in a bag valve mask)

5. latex glove

Secure one end of the oxygen tubing to the business end of the SCBA bottle with a generous amount of tape.
Insert the other end into the cuff of the latex glove, and tape it as best you can (try to make a decent seal)
Lay the glove flat between the rookies mattress, and box spring (close to one side).
Hide the SCBA bottle and oxygen tubing as best as possible.
Wait for the rookie to fall sound asleep.
Crack the valve on the SCBA bottle...and go to bed, and wait.

After a while...the pressure will suddenly fill the glove to the size of a beach ball, and flip the mattress...(rookie and all), and then the glove will explode.

I realize this does not sound like it would work...but it DOES, we have done it many times.

The only hard part is figuring out just how far to crack the air valve (you may want to practice the gag before actually using it)

Oh...and if you want to make a mess also...you can put a small amount of baby powder, or flour inside the glove.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#44]
We also do the one where you freeze a bag of IV solution and put a short piece of tubing on it. Place it in the drop ceiling over rookies bed long before bed time.  During the night, the IV solution melts and begins slowly dripping on rooke. It doesn't come out in a stream that would wake up the rookie until they bedding is soaked.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
We also do the one where you freeze a bag of IV solution and put a short piece of tubing on it. Place it in the drop ceiling over rookies bed long before bed time.  During the night, the IV solution melts and begins slowly dripping on rooke. It doesn't come out in a stream that would wake up the rookie until they bedding is soaked.

That one gets done around here too...but, instead of freezing it, we usually just run it through a mini-drip, with a 24g cath stuck right down through the ceiling tile...
(our station actually has a makeshift IV pole in the ceiling crawlspace for exactly that purpose)
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Heres one for those who collect spent brass

Collect as much as you can, like months worth.  Then just go to town on a unsuspecting person (SGT's vehicles are nice).  Our only female officer had up to 4 inches on brass dumped in her vehicle.

One for radars

Take a black piece of paper....some tape and keys to a unsuspecting LT's car. Cut the paper to the same shape of the front of the radar (this only really works if they have a mounted radar).  After awhile their going to be pissing and moaning why they cant get a stop.

Is it just me or does it seem like the majority of COPS pranks mostly relay on vehicles??  HEHE

David
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Some of these are great  for the guy that is ALWAYS the last one to a call, never offers to take the paper, ALWAYS drives by your traffic stop but stops to see if you're ok or need a hand...

Most of this stuff requires that your PD have common-keyed cars. Mine did, even on take home squads.

-OC in the airvents...lots of it, summer or winter.  Whenever he's out of his car...it gets OC'd.  OC on the door handles also works great.

-Everytime he leaves his car, it gets moved.  To some place he cant find it.  Took 3 days for one guy's take-home squad to show up.  We left it parked in a warehouse that was under constuction in an industrial district.  Construction crew found it waiting for them on monday morn.

-Flat tires.  At our PD, we had to change em our self.  Everytime a guy like this leaves his car, he gets a flat.  Sometimes 2 a night.  Just pull the valve.

-Animal calls.  If our animal control guys find something good, it gets saved until the guy is away from his car.  Roadkills work good to.  Nothing like jumping back in the squad and finding a 120 lb roadkill whitetail stuffed in the back.  Dead things in the trunk is also a good angle.  After a while, the smell witllstart to spread.

-Custome Nameplates.  I like these the best.  Everyone leaves their duty jackets laying around at the station.  Some of my personal favorites were: "I Like Dick", "Jackass" and "Goat Humper".  Where I worked, even if you were a good guy, you ALWAYS had to check your jacket.  Swaping out the real badge for a plastic Junior Police Badge from Community Relations was another favorite.

-Have to get dispatch to play along on this one.  Have them send a rookie out on a fake prisoner pick-up or warrant service, about 120 miles away.  Give them horrible directions.  When they arrive at their destination (after about 20 phonecalls to dispatch to get better directions) no one there has any idea what they are talking about.

-Wet seats.  Another fav. Squad car alone and unattended? Soak the seat with water..and I mean SOAK it.  You don't notice it right away when you sit down...takes a couple of seconds to 'seep' into through your pants and into your undies.

-Disconnecting the battery.  Amazing how many people are too stupid to check for this.  When the garage or city tow shows up...the mechanic pops the hood...viola.

-MDT fun.  Once again...if your PD has common-keyed units...oh..it can get ugly.  Most guys leave their MDTs sighned on for the whole shift.  Only those of us that were truly paranoid (or had learned our lesson) signed off every time we had to get out of the car.  While one guy was away from his car....someone ran the govenor's personal plate on his MDT....50 times.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Another good one we pulled one time.

We took a piece of that square chewing gum that has the liquid stuff in the center (cant remember the name of it right now)
Injected it full of "Cetacaine" (a powerfull, topical oral analgesic spray)
Re-wrapped the gum, and offered it to one of the crew who had been involved in a little practical joke war at the fire station.

It basically makes your mouth feel like the dentist just shot you full of novacaine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top