BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 5:02:14 PM EDT
Title says it all:

[url]http://www.lewrockwell.com/elkins/elkins58.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Could John Moses Browning exist in the world of Twenty First Century? Most emphatically no, at least not in the United States.

Armed state thugs from the BATF and FBI would examine his paperwork with microscopes, looking for the least deviation, merely to harass and slow production.
They would delight in finding any error, seeking any means of 'legally' shutting Browning down. The most minor paperwork error would be seized upon and treated as a criminal infraction. John Moses Browning would be harassed, harried and quite probably thrown in jail.

The maddi griffin comes to mind here

Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Hero Definitely -In fact I would like to see a National Browning Day. A real hero deserves no less. Unfortunately more people don't really know how much he affected the world.
I have met a lot of W.W.II vets who have sworn the only reason they are alive is because Browning's guns would not quit. The 1911,1919, M2,B.A.R- the best guns a grunt could ask for.
Its a different time alright the M9 is made by the Italians, the M16, M249 and 240 are made by the French (When was the last French victory?) What happened to the American Small Arms Industry?

JerrY
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hero Definitely -In fact I would like to see a National Browning Day. A real hero deserves no less. Unfortunately more people don't really know how much he affected the world.
I have met a lot of W.W.II vets who have sworn the only reason they are alive is because Browning's guns would not quit. The 1911,1919, M2,B.A.R- the best guns a grunt could ask for.
Its a different time alright the M9 is made by the Italians, the M16, M249 and 240 are made by the French (When was the last French victory?) What happened to the American Small Arms Industry?

JerrY
View Quote

American Small Arms Industry?

It's being oppressed/suppressed/repressed by the Govt, both Republican and Democrats, that we vote back in-because they're so reasonable in their restrictions-and we can't afford to vote for anyone else. (Third parties just aren't an option- after all, if we didn't vote for a lizard, the wrong lizard might get in.)

Browning would not be able to do what he did in this era-he would be in jail for violation of something or other. Can't have any of our proles designing anything that might be useful for defense of self, family, property and Constitution, can we?

I would second a National Browning Day-he was the man, in the truest sense of the word.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget the .50 BMG.  It is not too much for many to thank John Moses Browning for Freedom.  He is largely the genius behind so many designs.  Every gun designer since then has borrowed from his ingenuity
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:18:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Its a different time alright the M9 is made by the Italians, the M16, M249 and 240 are made by the French
View Quote

Fabrique Nationale is Belgian, not French.

[img]http://belgium.rootsweb.com/bel/fotw_be.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:21:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's petition congress to institute "Firearms History Month"!

We could even invent our own holiday called GUNZA.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:23:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Talented, inventive, imaginative, prolific...any of these words might describe John Moses Browning.  How, precisely and concisely, was he "heroic?"  Were not Thomas Alva Edison, Nichola Tesla, George Westinghouse, Hiram Maxim, and sundry other inventors and tinkerers from that era also heroic by virtue of their inventiveness?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:03:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw his dad's gun shop in Navou Ill. He was making guns there until the mobs drove them out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm ashamed to admit that I've lived in Utah for 22 years and never taken the time to visit the Browning museum in Ogden.[V]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top