Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 8:25:34 PM EDT
Here you go, a 100% anti-gun/pro control voting record since 1991...

1991:

YES: Vote on an amendment requiring a five business day waiting period before purchasing a handgun. S 1241: Crime Bill

1993:

YES: HR 1025: The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act
YES: S 414 (Brady Bill/ Handgun Waiting Period); Amendment; 11/19/93
YES: S 1607: Vote on an amendment to restrict the manufacture, transfer and possession of certain semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Amendment introduced by Feinstein, D-CA. (The amendment was adopted 56-43 on 11/17/93)
NO: Kill the amendment aimed at banning the manufacture, sale and future possession of 19 semiautomatic assault weapons. S 1607 (Omnibus Crime Bill); Motion to table; 11/9/93

1996:

NO: Vote to table an amendment to make it a federal crime to bring a gun within 1,000 feet of a school, with certain exceptions. HR 3756: Fiscal 1997 Treasury, Postal and General Government Appropriations Act

1998:

NO: Vote to table an amendment that would prohibit the importation of large capacity ammunition clips. S 2312: Treasury Department, Postal Service Appropriations Act, 1999

NO:  Vote to table an amendment to make it unlawful for gun dealers to sell handguns without trigger locks. S 2260: Departments of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1999

NO: Vote to prohibit charging prospective gun owners a tax or fee to cover the cost of a background check, and to require the destruction of any information used during a background check if that person is allowed to purchase a firearm. S 2260: Departments of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1999

1999:

YES: Vote on a motion to invoke cloture for the bill providing funding for the Juvenile Justice Bill. HR 1501: Consequences for Juvenile Offenders Act of 1999  Vote on a motion to invoke cloture, which limits the debate, on a substitute amendment that would grant funding for programs designed at reducing violence among youth. The amendment of the Senate passed version of this bill contains several gun control provisions. Motion introduced by Lott, R-MS, Bill introduced by McCollum, R-FL (Motion passed 77-22 on 7/28/99)

YES: Vote to require all firearms sales at gun shows to have background checks performed and to allow the Attorney General to maintain records of gun sales for up to 90 days. S 254: Violent and Repeat Juvenile Offender Act

YES: Vote to require special licensees at gun shows to conduct background checks on anyone purchasing a gun from them and to require pawnshops to conduct background checks on anyone redeeming their own gun. S 254: Violent and Repeat Juvenile Offender Act

YES: Vote to prohibit the sale or transfer of handguns unless accompanied by a secure gun storage or safety lock. S 254: Violent and Repeat Juvenile Offender Act

NO: Vote to kill an amendment that would ban Internet websites that advertise to sell more than 10 guns unless the person operating the site is a licensed gun dealer. S 254: Violent and Repeat Juvenile Offender Act

NO: Vote to require unlicensed gun vendors to conduct background checks on gun purchasers through a licensed vendor at gun shows. S 254: Violent and Repeat Juvenile Offender Act (Republican Gun Proposals)

NO: Vote to kill an amendment that would ban possession and transfer of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition clips to juveniles. The amendment would also prohibit the importation of large capacity ammunition clips. S 254: Violent and repeat Juvenile Offender Act

NO: Vote to kill an amendment to require that all gun sales at gun shows be completed by federally licensed gun dealers. The amendment also requires background checks to be completed on buyers. S 254: Violent and Repeat Juvenile Offender Act

NO: Vote to allow private guns vendors to conduct voluntary background checks on gun purchasers at gun shows. It also eliminates the requirement of pawn shops to conduct background checks on people reclaiming their own guns. S 254: Violent and Repeat Juvenile Offender Act

YES: Vote on an amendment to bar gun manufacturers from being released from their debts that were brought about by lawsuits charging fraud, negligence, recklessness or product liability. S 625: Bankruptcy Overhaul

NO: Vote to pass a bill that would prohibit certain civil lawsuits against manufacturers, distributors, dealers and importers of firearms and ammunition pertaining to acts of criminal or unlawful misuse of firearms.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck that Masshole
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
he did good in 1998
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
At least someone put my thread to good use around here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
THAT DOG DON'T HUNT
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

did he steal your info and then make his own post?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
He's no firend of mine........but he has a plan
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

did he steal your info and then make his own post?

NO I am thinking he took the intel from here...My Thread... and put it
to good use...
No dupe, as long as I can keep THIS INFOon pg1
I am happy...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

he does got that plan
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#10]
BUMP
<-- wonders why he didnt get a response to his IM?...Bunny?

Kerry Is an Assclown...HERE IS THE PROOF...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I was in chat and watching Chappel...

Sure, I followed the links you provided and extracted the info then built the post, took about 45 minutes, but it seemed worth the trouble...I wanted to know his record myself and I thought I'd share what I dug up.

If it's important to you, thanks for your post!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#12]
TAG
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#13]

True, he may have a plan but does he got wood??? Arvin
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
he did good in 1998

I don't think so, look how the votes are worded. If he voted "NO" to table a bill, that means he's for it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he does got that plan

Yup..the plan he does have!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:34:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
he did good in 1998

I don't think so, look how the votes are worded. If he voted "NO" to table a bill, that means he's for it.

You are correct, dmaas. if you follow paenutz thread to the website, you can read up on his record. I just extracted the info and started a thread on a specific issue.

The point is, Kerry is grossly anti-gun. His statements to the contrary are worthless compared to his voting record. In fact, Kerry is pro everything control. A classic case of trying to impose his values on an entire country.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

he does got that plan

Yup..the plan he does have!

[sarcasm]Un huh... all the poor inner city kids can go to his website and look at it...

All of the victims of  "Bush - NCLB" who lost their ability to read, and are now illiterate can go there...

All of the people who are unemployed, destitute (like Edwards' "coatless girl") and have no 'lectricity in their tarpaper shacks becuase of the evil republicans can go online and see the plan... with their computers... in their tarpaper shacks.... and no coats... [/sarcasm]

We've heard this shit before:

I have a secret plan, to end the conflict in Viet Nam, and get our troops home...

Richard Nixon, 1972

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#18]
BIG BUMP, 'Cause everyone who enjoys owning firearms and who's even THINKING about voting need to read this.

SG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top