Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 12:06:41 PM EDT
He takes multiple stands in a 2 minute period ...

DIANE SAWYER: Was the war in Iraq worth it?

JOHN KERRY: We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today.

DS: So it was not worth it.

JK: We should not — it depends on the outcome ultimately — and that depends on the leadership. And we need better leadership to get the job done successfully, but I would not have gone to war knowing that there was no imminent threat — there were no weapons of mass destruction — there was no connection of Al Qaeda — to Saddam Hussein! The president misled the American people — plain and simple. Bottom line.

DS: So if it turns out okay, it was worth it?

JK: No.

DS: But right now it wasn't?p>

JK: It was a mistake to do what he did, but we have to succeed now that we've done what he's — I mean look — we have to succeed. But was it worth — as you asked the question — $200 billion and taking the focus off of Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda? That's the question. The test of the presidency was whether or not you should have gone to war to get rid of him. I think, had the inspectors continued, had we done other things — there were plenty of ways to keep the pressure on Saddam Hussein.

DS: But no way to get rid of him.

JK: Oh, sure there were. Oh, yes there were. Absolutely.

DS: So you're saying that today, even if Saddam Hussein were in power today it would be a better thing — you would prefer that . . .

JK: No, I would not prefer that. And Diane — don't twist here. Notice how Kerry loses his cool and accuses the questioner of twisting; Is this guy thin-skinned or what?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, I don't see DS twisting anything here.

It's Kerry that can't seem to put a coherent thought together. I think she's just trying to make sense of his ramblings.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Boy, if he keeps this up, he will have some serious problems in the debates.  His responses are just terrible.

Actually, he has no need to get all defensive about his reponse that implies that the war was only worth it if it turns out ok.  The question assumes looking at the issue prospectively.  Kerry does not seem to understand that.  

Of course, that question is irrelevant.  The only relevant question is assuming you had the same facts as Bush had, what would you have done differently?  I think he alreay answered this question by voting for the war.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]
When you have NO core values; when you just react and bend with the wind...like any good liberal; when you just want to be president and really have nothing concrete to "stand on", then you make shit up...and make shit up to cover up the shit you made up...and again...and again...SEE?

Kerry's lack of core values and vision is crystal clear now.  He is a TERRIBLE candidate for that reason if for NO other.

The ONLY reason he has done as well as he has is because of the 30% or so of crazy Bush haters and the impact of the liberal media, who are nothing more than campaign hacks for the Democrats.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I came away with the idea that IF he was in charge and ran things as "W" has...it would be "All Good".
He called for active military measures against Sadam when Cl*nton was pres.
He did not mention our role in Bosnia or the fact that we went there with no time table or clear goal.

He will not do well in the debates as people will be able to analize the tapes and see what a Sack he really is.

Latest lie: The $87mil. flip-flop. He said it was late at night and he was tired when he said he voted for it before he voted against it. Turns out to be from a mid day town meeting... Of Course if I had to sleep next to that BEAST of a wife, I'd NEVER close my eyes either.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I *really* want someone that "thinks" like this sitting in the White House.  

This is what happens when you have no morals, no moral compass and no beliefs in ANYTHING.

This is what happens when you allow your life to be run by advisors and worrying about approval ratings.

This is what happens when you think that no one will remember what you said yesterday so you can make up whatever you think will sound good (and get votes) the next day.

GWB isn't perfect by any means but at least I know that he doesn't change his mind every hour, that he doesn't consult opinion polls before making EVERY decision in the course of a day and that he has some firm prinicipals that govern his life.

Kerry on the other hand is coming off more and more like a man so far detached from what most of the people of the country consider reality that I'd consider an extraterrestrial a better choice for POTUS.  At least with ET you KNOW there's a working brain and the ability to process information and make decisions since they got here in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I just read that whole thing and I still don't have a fucking clue what Skerry said.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Kerry is obviously lost. He has no idea what he's saying or doing. Just listening to that interview alone made me feel dumber. Geez, I knew this cat was messed up, but I had no idea he was really quite that stupid. What a loser.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
It's all Bush's fault. Everything. He misled us. Global Warming. Semi-automatic weapons of war machine gun UZIs with large clips. Haliburton overcharged for Sgt. Hennessy's lunch yesterday. Healthcare is the #1 issue for 3% of the voters and needs to be overhauled NOW. John Edwards can't win re-election for his own seat but is qualified to run the country when I get impeached.

Vote for a Stronger America. Vote for anyone but Bush.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The DU crowd thinks Kerry did good in that interview!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=916519&mesg_id=916519
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If he gets this bent out of shape with cream puffs like those, how is he going to do in the debate tomorrow?

The debates are the epitome of cream puff.. everyone knows the questions ahead of time, and they're all softballs. There are pages and pages of rules about what they can't talk about.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Kerry lost his patience with D Sawyer.  Who does that broad think she is, questioning John Kerry like that?  Don't you just hate it when the plebians ask for explanations from the patricians?  

They ought to nickname Kerry.  I think he should be called The Sandman.  He is always shifting positions, regularly seen at the beach, and his charism would put a meth-head to sleep.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I snet ABC a thank you letter for a well done interview by Dianne Sawyer.

FINALLY somebody asked him questions other than softballs.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#14]
the Imus interview was better.
Don  really sank his battleship...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#15]

JOHN KERRY: We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today.

Dianne's followup question: "And how would we discover the information we know today if we hadn't gone to war?"

Kerry's Answer: "Why, I would have used my MAGIC TIME MACHINE™ to find out the future consequences of any action we take, of course! Silly woman – Why are you wasting my time with all these foolish questions?"
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#16]

That type of logic could save the world IF others were as bright:

Jackson would not have gone to war...
Brits would have respected the Zulu's
Boston would not have traded the Babe...
Fr*nce would not have an army...
Monica woulda worn a bib...
NY would have taken Rick Lazio seriously...
Michael Moores dad would have used a condom...
The List goes on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top