Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2007 7:08:41 AM EST
I watch John Hagee almost every day. I really like what he has to say and seem to learn a bit when I watch him.

He has written a few books and i would like to get one or two.
The budget is somewhat limited so I can only get two at the most right now.
Which would you recommend and why?

Barnes and Noble has a few, last time I was there they had 5 or 6 I think.

Narrowing it down to 2, which are most insightful?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/14/2007 10:58:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By KangarooAR-15A3:
I watch John Hagee almost every day. I really like what he has to say and seem to learn a bit when I watch him.

Thanks.

I liked Jerusalem Count Down
Link Posted: 1/14/2007 11:50:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rifleman55:

Thanks.

Is that a fictional book like left behind or is it based on the series of sermons Hagee did last year?
I watched the sermons and liked them, but I don't subscribe to "Armageddon fear"... I found those sermons very interesting but I stick with Jesus saying "No one knows the hour but the Father" and "The hour of the Lord will come like a thief in the night".

I watch Hagee all the time and the only place we "part ways" is on Armageddon predictions....
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 6:46:24 AM EST
Jeruselum Countdown is a very good book. It's full of current world events as they relate to bible prophesy.

P.S. you don't have to fear Armaggedon....but you better believe it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 2:29:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By a-bare:
Jeruselum Countdown is a very good book. It's full of current world events as they relate to bible prophesy.

P.S. you don't have to fear Armaggedon....but you better believe it.

+1

Just got done with Jerusalem Countdown. GREAT book. Also just got done reading "The Next World War; What Prophecy Reveals About Extreme Islam And The West" by Grant R. Jeffery (ISBN 978-1-4000-7106-7) which was also a good book. A little different from what Hagee had to say in Jerusalem Countdown, but eye opening none-the-less.

And, believe it or not, I got Jerusalem Countdown at Walmart for a little under $13.

Link Posted: 1/22/2007 2:45:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/22/2007 2:46:44 AM EST by Az_Redneck]

Originally Posted By Rifleman55:

Thanks.

Is that a fictional book like left behind or is it based on the series of sermons Hagee did last year?
I watched the sermons and liked them, but I don't subscribe to "Armageddon fear"... I found those sermons very interesting but I stick with Jesus saying "No one knows the hour but the Father" and "The hour of the Lord will come like a thief in the night".

I watch Hagee all the time and the only place we "part ways" is on Armageddon predictions....

He's not very hip on Catholocism either..

ETA: He also thinks Martin Luther was an anti-semite as well, so nobody is safe with him..
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:24:12 AM EST
Thanks for reminding me...

A while back, I bought the CD version of "Beyond Iraq - The End Of The Age" and I forgot all about it.

I attended Hagee's church for a while - he is quite charasmatic. I like him.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 11:09:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By Backstop:
Thanks for reminding me...

A while back, I bought the CD version of "Beyond Iraq - The End Of The Age" and I forgot all about it.

I attended Hagee's church for a while - he is quite charasmatic. I like him.

I have cousins in San Antonio and will make a point of going to his church when I make my next trip up there.
I watch him all the time.
I am with him on 95% of what he says.
We don't often disagree.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 11:23:10 AM EST

I am with him on 95% of what he says.
We don't often disagree.

Same here...except.

Guess it was about 5 years ago.

He made the most horrible joke about a lady and a wheelchair - I can't remember more details than that.

The entire Congregation gasped.

He turned beet red.

3 seconds of silence seemed like an eternity - probably was worse for him.

He stammered a bit, then continued - although his voice was a little shaky for a bit.

It pissed me off, and disappointed me so much, I never went back.

I do continue to listen to him on the radio - and will occasionally catch a broadcast on the tube.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 11:23:47 PM EST

Originally posted by Az_Redneck:
Also just got done reading "The Next World War; What Prophecy Reveals About Extreme Islam And The West" by Grant R. Jeffery (ISBN 978-1-4000-7106-7) which was also a good book

Take what Grant has to say with a grain of salt. He wrote a book about Y2K (Millenium Meltdown, Year 2000 Computer Crisis) that was almost bordering on it being a event that was sure to take place. Is this guy a Christian? I don't doubt it. Was he off base with this book? Yep.

My point is watch out for the hype of current events and stay with those who bring a balanced Biblical view of the current affairs in the world today. There are alot of good, solid teachers out there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:30:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By neonnoodle:

Also just got done reading "The Next World War; What Prophecy Reveals About Extreme Islam And The West" by Grant R. Jeffery (ISBN 978-1-4000-7106-7) which was also a good book

Take what Grant has to say with a grain of salt. He wrote a book about Y2K (Millenium Meltdown, Year 2000 Computer Crisis) that was almost bordering on it being a event that was sure to take place. Is this guy a Christian? I don't doubt it. Was he off base with this book? Yep.

My point is watch out for the hype of current events and stay with those who bring a balanced Biblical view of the current affairs in the world today. There are alot of good, solid teachers out there.

There were some good points in the book I read and it opened up some new study for me. That is why I said it was a good book. In reality, I didn't like most of it. He's very dogmatic and goes off on personal rants that have nothing to do with the topic. I gave the book a 2 star review on Amazon.com.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:08:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2007 7:13:59 AM EST by Dino]

Originally Posted By Az_Redneck:
ETA: He also thinks Martin Luther was an anti-semite as well, so nobody is safe with him..

well the majority of the world thinks Martin Luther was an anti-semite (because he was), no surprise there
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:59:15 PM EST
I just can't fathom spending twenty seconds in front of a tv, watching Hagee! Surely wouldn't read one of his books.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:20:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2007 1:23:25 PM EST by Hebrew_Battle_Rifle]
John Hagee Ministries has an excellent marketing department.

Another Texas based minister that I listen to is Ronald L Dart. His manner of teaching seems to fit with me better than most others. He isn't a traditional "preacher." His radio sermons are more like listening to your grandfather telling you a story. His explanations and the inclusion of biblical history make the word much easier to understand to a 21st century American.

Radio and television

Dr Adrain Rogers
Love Worth Finding
www.lwf.org

Dr Charles Stanley
In Touch
www.intough.org

Radio only

Dr J Vernon McGhee
Thru The Bible
www.thruthebible.org (He has a heavy Texas drawl that may be off putting to some)

Ronald L Dart
Born To Win
www.borntowin.net
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:16:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Az_Redneck:

Originally Posted By neonnoodle:

There were some good points in the book I read and it opened up some new study for me. That is why I said it was a good book. In reality, I didn't like most of it. He's very dogmatic and goes off on personal rants that have nothing to do with the topic. I gave the book a 2 star review on Amazon.com.

Good to hear that you didn't drink the kool-aid.
I agree with you that there were parts of it that were somewhat informative, like the chapter on a surveillance society, but as a whole I think he was looking for a quick buck with this book.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:49:11 AM EST
All men fall short of the glory of God. That's why we look to Jesus and not at the stupid mistakes of men. Sure we are to be wise and understand what is right and wrong, but I think that that mistake was simply a mistake and one that he regrets. ONe thing that I've learned in my walk is never trust in men but be focussed on being where Jesus wants you and not where man wants you. Sure I trust people but not with my salvation. I go straight to him who made me because he doesn't mess up.
My advice if you want it is to forgive him and trust that Jesus will take care of that. Go to church where Christ has called you.
God Bless
Top Top