Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/4/2010 11:16:41 AM EDT
Bolton would not really elaborate, because he said he believes the focus should be on the 2010 Midterm Elections right now. But when asked point if he was “not saying ‘no’,” Bolton flat out said, “I’m not saying ‘no.’”

Bolton would certainly be a longshot if he decides to run. He would have virtually no organization on the ground in any primary or caucus state. However, he is a real conservative – at least on Foreign Policy (I don’t know his views on social issues), and he just might do better than a lot of people think if he were to decide to make a run for it.

VIDEO
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Didn't he get into some trouble groping an intern?

Yeah, he's bad ass at times, but that's not Presidential material.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the guy. But he is not photogenic, and nowadays you have to be, sad to say. I loved Steve Forbes but he is one ugly sob. If he had been elected back in the day we would not be here today.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Like everything I've heard him say. I  would like to hear him speak more though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I, for one, think it would be awesome to have a president that looks like Ron Burgundy.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not ruling out a run in 2012 either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Like everything I've heard him say. I  would like to hear him speak more though.

Ask him where he stands on civil liberties and individual freedoms in general.

I would think anything associated with GWB43 would be tainted beyond any hope of salvaging, but I guess I am an optimist.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
oh, what a tease!

FWIW, I haven't ruled a run in 2012 either

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I know he's hated here in Europe, so must be a good guy
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who in the fuck is John Bolton?

Exactly

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Michael's brother.....John got the hair gene and Michael got the voice gene....kinda

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

AHHAHHAH I thought you guys were talking about Michael Bolton.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:

AHHAHHAH I thought you guys were talking about Michael Bolton.

Michael bolton?

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#14]
IIRC his voice is very high pitched; doesn't go with the admirable and manly 'stache.  

Having a squeeky voice = FAIL in a presidential election.  It does not matter what he says, his voice is going to kill him.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#15]

He would make a great president, and it's sad that we have to worry about his looks and the pitch of his voice.  Damn you 19th Amendment and television!

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#16]
It's not too bad IMO.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#17]
John Bolton is a raging asshole who already needs to grease his fucking ears to get through doorways.  He's no leader, he's an angry little man with vinegar in his veins, and whatever party allows him to run on their ticket would be shooting themselves in the foot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I, also, have refused to rule out a 2012 Presidential bid.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
John Bolton is a raging asshole who already needs to grease his fucking ears to get through doorways.  He's no leader, he's an angry little man with vinegar in his veins, and whatever party allows him to run on their ticket would be shooting themselves in the foot.

His sorry PNAC ass would have us in wars all over the place.  No thanks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#20]
He would make the lib's heads spin like a top - and for this reason alone I would vote for him.

BTW, he's been known to give the UN plenty of heartburn on their gun control agenda, too.

"Just as the First and Fourth Amendments secure individual rights of speech and security respectively, the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms." The United States believes that the responsible use of firearms is a legitimate aspect of national life. Like many countries, the United States has a cultural tradition of hunting and sport shooting. We, therefore, do not begin with the presumption that all small arms and light weapons are the same or that they are all problematic. It is the illicit trade in military small arms and light weapons that we are gathered here to address and that should properly concern us."

"We do not support measures that prohibit civilian possession of small arms. This is outside the mandate for this Conference set forth in UNGA Resolution 54/54V. We agree with the recommendation of the 1999 UN Panel of Governmental Experts that laws and procedures governing the possession of small arms by civilians are properly left to individual member states. The United States will not join consensus on a final document that contains measures abrogating the Constitutional right to bear arms. We request that Section II, para 20, which refers to restrictions on the civilian possession of arms to be eliminated from the Program of Action, and that other provisions which purport to require national regulation of the lawful possession of firearms such as Section II, paras 7 and 10 be modified to confine their reach to illicit international activities." - John R. Bolton, U.S. Statement at Plenary Session, Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Affairs, UN Conference on the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All its Aspects, July 9, 2001

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#21]
His best fit is where W put him: Ambassador to the UN.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd like to see him in an administrative post, but not quite so sure on President. SecState or Defense, yes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I, also, have refused to rule out a 2012 Presidential bid.

Looks like I'll be running against you in 2012!

Go Team Kraut!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The best way to avoid combat, is to ensure that everyone knows the guy who's in charge is more than willing to fight...

Bolton is an administrator, not a leader, though... UN Ambassadorship, hopefully with a GOP Congress so it's not just a recess appointment this time.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The best way to avoid combat, is to ensure that everyone knows the guy who's in charge is more than willing to fight...

Bolton is an administrator, not a leader, though... UN Ambassadorship, hopefully with a GOP Congress so it's not just a recess appointment this time.

...and not listen to vomit put out by PNAC.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Remember hearing a story about him walking through the halls in the capitol. Schumer comes walking towards him with his little entorage. Bolton steps to the side to let them pass and the egomaniac makes the comment as he goes by, "I make way for no fools."

Bolton quickly replied, "I always do."
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:39:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like everything I've heard him say. I would like to hear him speak more though.

I would think anything associated with GWB43 would be tainted beyond any hope of salvaging, but I guess I am an optimist.

He told the UN to go fuck a skunk when it came to small arms rules on the US.

He is more Conservative than Palin and probably would be the most Conservative in the race if he gets into it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Remember hearing a story about him walking through the halls in the capitol. Schumer comes walking towards him with his little entorage. Bolton steps to the side to let them pass and the egomaniac makes the comment as he goes by, "I make way for no fools."

Bolton quickly replied, "I always do."

He always struck me as having an abundance of testicular fortitude, I would vote for him.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:34:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Love the guy and what a hard ass he is, having said that, he's not POTUS material, Sec. of State, YES!!! He'd stick it to the Useless Nations as he realizes this organization is just an updated version of the previous body, League of Nations.

FUCK THE UN
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:36:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hilary??? is that you??  
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:38:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

As I stated in a reply, I agree as far as his being POTUS, and would take it one step further and appoint him Sec. of State, as he's capable of "handling" the Useless Nations and we need someone who will be tough on those hoity toity assholes and deal with the worthless fucksticks in the Middle East instead of "Bridge Building", unlike Hitlery Clinton who doesn't want to make waves as she still has a POTUS run in her sights.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:40:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like everything I've heard him say. I would like to hear him speak more though.

He told the UN to go fuck a skunk when it came to small arms rules on the US.

He is more Conservative than Palin and probably would be the most Conservative in the race if he gets into it.

Yep. Which makes me wonder about the haters in this thread. I could understand if their argument was 'he has no chance of winning,' but that's not what I'm reading into it...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:42:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Didn't he get into some trouble groping an intern?

Yeah, he's bad ass at times, but that's not Presidential material.

Never heard of that.  Source?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#35]
He would make an awesome SecDef.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:42:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
His best fit is where W put him: Ambassador to the UN.

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#37]
He looks like Mark Twain to me.

I'd like to see him in an administrative post.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hilary??? is that you??  

The enemy of our enemy is not always our friend.

Sometimes he's just a douche.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#39]
I would support him
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

John Bolton is a raging asshole who already needs to grease his fucking ears to get through doorways. He's no leader, he's an angry little man with vinegar in his veins, and whatever party allows him to run on their ticket would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Hilary??? is that you??

The enemy of our enemy is not always our friend.

Sometimes he's just a douche.

Is this a personal thing?

Can you give us specifics of why you feel this way?

I've always thought he was pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I have not ruled out a run in 2012, and I have both a military record and a birth certificate.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Hmmm...

I liked John Bolton a lot when he was a deputy Secretary of State and I thought he would have made an awesome ambassador to the UN.

That said, he is a text book Neo-Con and he is a bit too hawkish. I would be concerned that he would be too quick to get us into new wars and that his domestic policies would be a rehash of W's. He also has an explosive temper, and I don't think that we need someone like that running the country.

But, if it came down to Bolton vs. Obama then I would get behind Bolton in a heartbeat. I don't think that he would have a chance in Hell of making it through the primaries though.

The 2012 election is shaping up to be another choice between Shit Sandwich and Giant Douche. I mean, how hard is it going to be to find someone better than Newt, Romney or Bolton? Are these really the best and brightest that the Republicans have to offer?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Any time I heard Bolton talk, I always wished he was president rather than GWB.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Bolton is an intelligent man, but he's also an angry white guy ( not that there is anything wrong with that ), he's better off somewhere else.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#49]
I'd vote for him over just about anyone else....
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#50]
He wouldn't be running to win. He'd be running as a designated attack dog.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top