Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 3:09:58 PM EDT
Several years ago I considered joining the John Birch Society. But after reading some of thier literature they seemed a bit far out for me. Just my impressions. Anyone here a member?

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Who's Johnny B?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I was a member for many years and hosted a chapter at my office.

Lots of talk and letter writing.  We all know what the Congressman and Senators do with letters.......

But for the most part I agree with 95% of what the JBS advocates.
I DO AGREE with with their "Get the U.N. out of the U.S.!" as well as "Get the U.S. out of the U.N.!"

I HIGHLY recommend their magazine "The New American"!   http://www.thenewamerican.com/
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was a member for many years and hosted a chapter at my office.

Lots of talk and letter writing.  We all know what the Congressman and Senators do with letters.......

But for the most part I agree with 95% of what the JBS advocates.
I DO AGREE with with their "Get the U.N. out of the U.S.!" as well as "Get the U.S. out of the U.N.!"

I HIGHLY recommend their magazine "The New American"!   http://www.thenewamerican.com/

Interesting.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It used to be that membership in the JBS would preclude you from getting a military security clearance, things may have changed.

Edited to add: At least that was the general wisdom in the military many years ago.

Memebership in the John Birch Society = no clearance, ever.

Those guys have their tinfoil beanies on WAY too tight, and double layers to boot.  I just tape mine on for quick removal, and only one layer!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i had dinner with two brothers that were lifelong birchers, this past sunday.

both of them were the same tin-foil hat, conspiracy lunatics that i was familiar with in the 1970's.

they were both so far out in right field that they made hitler look like a benevolent democrat.

As opposed to the tyrannical democrat he was? He wasn't right-wing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#11]
some JBers once spoke at a republican function I was attending; they claimed that Newt Gingrich, Tom Brokow, and Bill Clinton were all involved in a conspiracy to have the UN take over the US. yeah, right....
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#12]
They're crazy. Stay away. Stay far away.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#13]
"I'm a faithful follower of Brother John Birch
And I belong to the Antioch Baptist Church.
And I aint even got a garage, you can call home and ask my wife!"

They actually used to come to my High School to recruit... but then, it was a sort of redneck school
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't they advocate the use of wooden outhouses?  Oh wait--that's the Birch John Society....
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a membership for a year and didn't renew for the same reasons campy explained in his post. Way out in right field, sorry John Birch
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Don't they advocate the use of wooden outhouses?  Oh wait--that's the Birch John Society....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top