Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2011 7:08:28 PM EDT
"-We have been entertained with a great variety of phrases, to avoid calling this sort of people a mob.-Some call them shavers, some call them genius's. -The plain English is gentlemen, most probably a motley rabble of saucy boys, negroes and molattoes, Irish teagues and out landish jack tarrs.-And why we should scruple to call such a set of people a mob, I can't conceive, unless the name is too respectable for them"
John Adams.

Basically, it was like an ARFCOM Hometown meet up gone bad.

Seriously, John Adams was a fucking genius and damn eloquent.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:12:42 PM EDT
Father of our Navy.

My Dad is a HUGE fan of John Adams. Has pretty much every book ever published about the man.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:15:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EvanWilliams:
"-We have been entertained with a great variety of phrases, to avoid calling this sort of people a mob.-Some call them shavers, some call them genius's. -The plain English is gentlemen, most probably a motley rabble of saucy boys, negroes and molattoes, Irish teagues and out landish jack tarrs.-And why we should scruple to call such a set of people a mob, I can't conceive, unless the name is too respectable for them"
John Adams.

Guilty I think unless this is refering ot the ghey

WTF is a jack tarr? google says it is a merchant marine
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:23:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SD307:
Originally Posted By EvanWilliams:
John Adams.

Guilty I think unless this is refering ot the ghey

WTF is a jack tarr? google says it is a merchant marine

Basically he is saying a bunch of white troublemakers, Blacks, part blacks, Irish Catholics and sailors formed the mob.
Top Top