Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 12:29:40 AM EDT
[#1]
FJD
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A JD cotton picker costs just over a million dollars delivered…for 1.
It’s likely worth about 300k out the door based on what it does compared to prior pickers.  
JD is pricing itself out of business because it’s in IL with stupid high costs for everything.
View Quote

As easy as that would be, I don't think this is really an IL problem.  A lot of tractors come out of Iowa.  

They're also hardly pricing themselves out of business.  They can't make their stuff fast enough.  Money in the ag sector is booming.  Months ago, JD tractors were back-ordered to May 2022.  

The workers at Deere know this.  And they are using their leverage, and apparently getting a substantial raise.  

Inflation is also going ballistic.  Walmart is paying over $20/hr.  Times are changing.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-is-hiring-supply-chain-associates-in-nc-amid-holiday-crunch-170436753.html
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you are worth more then the company is willing to pay quit and go work for a company that is willing to pay you what you are worth
View Quote

The question I always have is why does any company agree to a Union in the first place?  At the first sight of one, why not refuse to recognize their existence?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 2:40:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Motherfucking cock sucking Marxist Unions and their membership of willing cunts!
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 3:29:42 AM EDT
[#5]
High paying UNSKILLED labor and they refuse to work. Crystal ball says even more JD tractors will be made overseas.

Unions are a parasite that kills its host.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 3:39:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Union maggots around here proudly had their Biden and any other reckless spending democrat signs up around election.  Fuck em
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Robots will replace more union workers every year.

Elon Musk is close to releasing artificial intelligence to replace human workers. It’s coming.

Then these Union workers will wonder where the unions they have been paying, failed them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:23:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You union bums are a tiresome bunch. Fuck unions and anyone who supports them.
View Quote
I agree. The unreasonableness of unions and their unproductive stipulations drove manufacturing offshore and contributed to the downfall of the working class.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing runs like a Deere.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Just as a side note, Volvo (heavy trucks) New River was on strike for about 5 weeks over the summer.  Is Stihl in Virginia Beach a union plant?  Have they ever gone on strike?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:28:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The question I always have is why does any company agree to a Union in the first place?  At the first sight of one, why not refuse to recognize their existence?
View Quote

Wal-Mart is vehemently anti-union, I have heard.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fuck a union and their Marxist bullshit.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Every report I have read says they were offered 5% -6% raises.
Per ops report. Backward math on 1.85 = 5%. Turns out to be about 35-37 $ per hour.

That’s a damn good upper middle class living in the Midwest.

View Quote

It’s the classic $80,000 for an American to claim medical retirement after 12 years at a factory for planter fasciitis & 15% hearing loss vs foreign labor willing to work for $80 per mo. and happy to do so.

Why did globalization hit US manufacturing so hard? It wasn’t a global conspiracy.

Unions have a place but they should be non political and realize their place in the world. not “us vs CEO” small minded bullshit
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:49:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Elon Musk is close to releasing artificial intelligence to replace human workers. It’s coming.

Then these Union workers will wonder where the unions they have been paying, failed them.
View Quote

Automation would have already happened in a lot of these plants but states like California have passed or will pass laws that tax automation to the point it is not competitive with human labor.  States are not going to idly sit by and watch their tax base disappear.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Tentative contract with UAW agreed upon.    Vote is tonight.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Automation would have already happened in a lot of these plants but states like California have passed or will pass laws that tax automation to the point it is not competitive with human labor.  States are not going to idly sit by and watch their tax base disappear.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And manufacturing left cali in droves.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Union maggots around here proudly had their Biden and any other reckless spending democrat signs up around election.  Fuck em
View Quote

Historically, I was solidly in the fuck unions camp.

Between this and the corporations/CEOs now openly carrying the Democrat’s water….

Ive got one foot in the watch it burn camp.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This. One of the big cereal companies is either on strike now or was. Their average union employee was making 120000 a year. You have to sell a lot of cereal to be paying that kind of me of money.I worked in a cereal company once. Easiest job I ever had.
View Quote

Again, you people fall for these high money numbrrs.

Whoopdee-fucking-doo!

They made 120K.

A normal 40 hour work week comes out to 2,080 hours per year.

Are the cereal workers putting in 3,000 hours per year?

2080 hour per year?

Or just 1,000?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 7:42:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Troll thread.  OP hits and runs.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck unions, Let's go Brandon.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

federal law requires companies to recognize unions if the union was correctly formed under that federal law.  There's a lot more to it than that, but that's the basics.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Isn’t pretty much all John Deere stuff banned in Cali?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Unions, those who support them and those with the same belief system are what is wrong with the world today.

Learn to stand on your own two feet instead of relying on others.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I should have bought John Deere stock
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That $1.85 is about $2600/yr after taxes, for 40hr/51wk.

Still kind of insulting, considering the profits they’re turning. With this engineered inflation, the $1.85 ain't shit, especially over five years. Thanks to the exalted potato and kin, those workers will probably blow an extra $2600 like nothing just at the gas pump.

Do they really deserve it? Is a brand new Green machine worth the coin? I don’t know, I’m not a farmer. I do think the prices of other UAW products are horribly jacked up, but most of that money is probably in the constant design changes resultant of continuous horrible engineering choices.

Fuck be upon the assholes who won’t let you fix your own equipment though.
View Quote

Considering the profits they are turning…that they share with the employees through profit sharing.
And a cost of living adjustment
And 100% covered health care
And free 2 year college education

Those bastards.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Remember when these guys went on strike?  Cost GM 2.6B and a couple of products lines.  Next year GM went bankrupt.  2012 that plant closed and all those commies lost their jobs.  

Unions are a plague.  

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/AYR1WT/united-auto-workers-strike-at-american-axle-AYR1WT.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
John deere made a record profit of $4.7 billion in the first 3/4 of 2021.
John deere CEO made nearly  $16 millon  in 2020 ,160% more then 2019.
John deere is offering  its employees  $1.85 raise over the next 5 years.
Yep,  unions are the problem.

In the past 35% of workers were in unions, now it's less then 13%.Keep blaming  the union, that sounds reasonable. Why would anyone on GD fact check  anything? It's easier to just blame the unions.
Remember when these guys went on strike?  Cost GM 2.6B and a couple of products lines.  Next year GM went bankrupt.  2012 that plant closed and all those commies lost their jobs.  

Unions are a plague.  

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/AYR1WT/united-auto-workers-strike-at-american-axle-AYR1WT.jpg

Unions are a self correcting problem, just like communism. Of course the bad part is the damage they do in the way to suicide.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
While I think unions often overstep their bounds, how many safety initiatives do companies do on their own to better the employees? In a perfect world unions wouldn’t need to exist, but a company would take care of their employees. Uaw really screwed the union name
View Quote

The non-union company I work for cares more about safety than most of the line workers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Considering the profits they are turning…that they share with the employees through profit sharing.
And a cost of living adjustment
And 100% covered health care
And free 2 year college education

Those bastards.
View Quote

I'm not a JD fan at all but if employees don't think the benefits above along with a nice hourly wage aren't good enough then they can go work somewhere else.  They should try fast food first and see how that compares.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

A JD cotton picker costs just over a million dollars delivered…for 1.

It’s likely worth about 300k out the door based on what it does compared to prior pickers.  

JD is pricing itself out of business because it’s in IL with stupid high costs for everything.
View Quote

Their equipment appears to still be very popular in the fields here, and the local dealer is selling everything they can get.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Unions workers bitching they only made $50k without mentioning they had 4 months off

Everything Union turns to shit.

School unions protect those teaching pedophilia and CRT.
Police unions protect the bad cops.
Workers unions protect the lazy

I was union once in my life. Never again.  They did nothing for the workers except collect dues.

And the pay still sucked.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#32]
if unions spent half the effort they spend getting democrats elected on making their workers lives better i'd bet they'd have a lot more support from the right.

union thread
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:...
John deere CEO made nearly  $16 millon  in 2020 ,160% more then 2019...
View Quote

Responding to a troll but anyway... This number is parroted all over but there's some serious missing context.

John May was not CEO in 2019. He was COO.

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Fuck unions
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Isn’t pretty much all John Deere stuff banned in Cali?
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In the past 35% of workers were in unions, now it's less then 13%.Keep blaming  the union, that sounds reasonable. Why would anyone on GD fact check  anything? It's easier to just blame the unions.
View Quote

Title is such poor grammar and makes no sense I won't bother to read.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Union or not that is going to happen.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Meh, I have a Kubota in my shed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#39]
I remember that not so long ago I was working on the docks when the union decided to go on strike, and it was tough.  My wife Gina worked at a diner all day.  She always brought her pay home for love.  I had to hock one of my guitars and my wife keeps talking about running away.  I feel like we're halfway there, but who knows?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#40]
There was a time not that long ago when a man could work most blue collar jobs in the U.S and have his wife stay home and raise the children .
He was able to buy a home on a 30 year mortgage . Buy a car , Usually   take a two week paid vacation with his family and had a pension from the factory he worked at.

Now for most blue collar jobs  that's a pipe dream even for skilled trade until you establish yourself and work up the ladder.

My father worked in a factory and was able to do everything posted as was 1000's of other fathers in my town growing up.

All these factory jobs were union jobs .
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There was a time not that long ago when a man could work most blue collar jobs in the U.S and have his wife stay home and raise the children .
He was able to buy a home on a 30 year mortgage . Buy a car , Usually   take a two week paid vacation with his family and had a pension from the factory he worked at.

Now for most blue collar jobs  that's a pipe dream even for skilled trade until you establish yourself and work up the ladder.

My father worked in a factory and was able to do everything posted as was 1000's of other fathers in my town growing up.

All these factory jobs were union jobs .
View Quote

It's still doable today in many areas if you live like a person did at that point in time.

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#42]
FJD

I can't get my tractor fixed because their fucking union is on strike, apparently. That's what my tractor repair guy says.

Part not available.

So I don't have a tractor for the indefinite future.

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's still doable today in many areas if you live like a person did at that point in time.

View Quote

I don't think it is anymore . Maybe as you advance in the industry you are in but for the largest employers of blue collar work ( unskilled)in this country the only jobs it's still possible are union jobs.

Sometimes I can't believe what dealerships pay their techs . These guys keep the service station running but they kind of start them off with shit pay .

Without mechanics a dealership would fold . I know it's just a small example because I know some who just started at a dealership after completing school.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That green paint is expensive yo
View Quote
Not sure if you know the irony of your joke but JD Green is in fact expensive if you try to buy some of the OEM color. It makes Massey red look reasonable where I've seen it for sale. But they sure do make those old tractors on the auction sites look brand new.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

apparently they don't pay you enough to afford a membership soooooo

fuck unions
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#46]
BREAKING: John Deere union workers voted NO on a new contract.

Strike continues.

After John Deere workers went on strike, the company:
*Doubled pay raise offer to 10%
*Restored pensions for new hires
*Increased pension payouts by up to $150/month
*Added retirement bonuses of up to $50,000 plus $2,000 per year of service

Seems like it was a good deal?  A heck of a lot better than the first offer.  Honestly just get back to building green machines please

My twitter embed-fu is weak.
https://twitter.com/BethMalicki/status/1455714329479766016?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top