Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2003 5:28:26 PM EDT
Yeah, right.

that guy Joe is really a construction worker.  hey fox - construction workers wear hard hats.  

another crappy show.  

time to watch BHD again.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually find the premise of the show to be hilarious.  Good ol' FOX.  Probably not too much fun to watch, but it will be fun to see the girls reaction in the end.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It shows the true nature of females
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey- Pete- how do YOU know he's not wearing a 'hat'???

[;d]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I, for one, am going to enjoy it.........I am entertained by others who do things to make them look like asses
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Because the video of him with a dozer has him without a hat.

Sheesh, why oh why did I watch part of that show...   Arrrg.    I need a newer tin foil hat.  [img]www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/Images/tinfoil.gif[/img] My current hat must be failing.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Another "reality" show that Im going to avoid at all costs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Now now, I am workign constriction and I rarely ever wear a hardhat, find I hit my head far more from wearing it than not (those extra inches it adds to your height can be bad when you are over 6' already)

That said I do wear one when running machinery or working on the ground and work is being done on other levels......

Why does Fox have such stupid shows? WHy can't they be like TNN, get the A-Team on Fox, yeha that woudl kick ass [;D]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Just another POS reality show that "I" won't watch!!!
I'll leave this show and all shows like it to the mindless idiots who have no life or imagination..............
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I have no desire or patience for "reality" shows, however I will make an exception in this case as it may turn out to be an accurate portrayal of the true nature of women.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I plan on actually watching this one toward the end.  I want to see the gold digger's reaction.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#12]
If you can't see the difference in this show and the others, then so be it.  I think it will be freaking hilarious to see the reactions of these gold diggers.  I don't watch reality shows and think they are moronic, but this one shows the true nature of women.  The argument about legalizing prostitution is pointless, because it already exists.  It's called dating and marriage and this show points out how most women will spread'em for the right amount of money.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Great.  I missed it.

I wanted to watch it just to see 20 golddiggers scratch each other's eyes out to grab their piece of the "treasure".

I doubt he will be making $19K after this show though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I went to high school with one of the girls who got the boot tonight (Gretchen). She was a total bitch back then and I can't imagine she's changed much in 10 years.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It shows the true nature of females
View Quote

You can say that again!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]

[blue]I love it! 20 women competing for a guy they think is worth $50MM!?!?!? FOX is pure genius! I'm watching this from beginning to end. This is better than 'The Bachelor'! Those bimbo's were just trying to win the guy. . . now we have money involved!!!

Like it or not, FOX has the recipe for success![/blue]

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Aimless, it's legit. I'm from a small town where everyone knows everyone. My little sister used to play varsity vollyball with one of the "contestants" (Gretchen - you can check out all the contestant's pics at this link [url]http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=792&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0[/url])

Her parents told my mom that she was bound by a confidentiality agreement that even they couldn't know what the outcome of the show was until it's over.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I went to high school with one of the girls who got the boot tonight (Gretchen). She was a total bitch back then and I can't imagine she's changed much in 10 years.
View Quote

Wouldn't sleep with you huh?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Just finished watching the show.

I cant believe he kept the ugly Korean girl with the flat nose! There were two asian girls, he kept the wrong one.

Good call keeping the black chick with the huge cans, the Mini Driver look-a-like, and the Zena looking chick who couldnt fit in the black dress.

Why he kept the trailer trash blonde with the jail house Tattoo on her shoulder is beyond me. Must have been the Hand Sex at the "ball"?

None of the girls seemed bright enough for me to believe they read the fine print on page X of their contract, that said Joe might not be  a millionaire....

You can be sure FOX's lawyers penciled that in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

ME?!?! That frigid bitch probably humped the bed post until last August.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She was a total bitch back then and I can't imagine she's changed much in 10 years.
View Quote

View Quote

You wouldn't believe the number of total bitches around here.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:58:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I was looking through the pics on the site, and when I saw this one, a thought struck me:

[img]http://i.realitytvworld.com/images/joemillionaire/Katy_72.jpg[/img]

Why does she remind me of Private Pyle when he's sitting on the john loading the M-14 mag in "Full Metal Jacket"?

Hick [:E]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:30:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You wouldn't believe the number of total bitches around here.
View Quote

are you talking about state college??
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:43:15 AM EDT
[#26]
It sucked.

Bad.

Sometimes I really hate FOX.  Although, the end should be pretty funny.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#27]
A heavy machinery operator that makes ONLY 19k per year? I find that hard to believe.

The Melissa with the dark curly hair was originally from a small town just north of me...North Fond du Lac. Now she hails from the Minn/StPaul area.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:06:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Just watch how they act around him since he "has money"... They act like they are beneath him! (I'll bet there is a twist though)
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:44:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I soooo much wanted him to fall off that horse.  Imagine never riding a horse before and then you have to trot a few 100 yards, get off.  Get back on and go another couple 100 yards.  heheh.

Who has 2 dresses?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#30]
I bet he actually IS loaded, but they will tell the womenz he is Joe Schmoe and only makes 19k per year....and see the expressions on the faces. If the one he picks still wants to be with him, they will tell her that he actually has a couple of million, but not the castle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Looks like it was a ratings smash, though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

[img]http://i.realitytvworld.com/images/joemillionaire/gretchen_72.jpg[/img]

BD, is this the young lady- and I use that term loosely- in question?

Looks like Reese Witherspoon - yecch!!!

Caveat: haven't seen the TV show. I have given up on any sort of broadcast or cable TV. Nonetheless, these women are venal gold-diggers at best, myopic Ms. Magoos in spandex who can't (or won't)read the fine print in their contracts at worst. Stoooopid....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#33]
I think it's a great show.  My wife and I laugh through the whole thing with all these twits reactions.  I can't wait til the end.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#34]
That would be her.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#35]
More crap TV.  I'll bet there's a twist somewhere.  Here's my guest.  Guy picks girl, then tells her she's not really millionaire.  Gauges her reaction, then tells her he really is a millionaire after all.  That should be funny as hell.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#36]
What type of PPE is required to operate a dozer? Doing a quick "job safety analysis", I couldn't find a reason to wear one (unless there are other factors at the job site such as workers or materials overhead, other types of heavy machinery working in close proximity etc....) Hell I don't know, I'm not a dozer dude! The show is stupid. However, my wife will be watching it and will want to discuss it so I will have to watch it just for "discussion purposes". [:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Wouldn't it be fun if the participants on these marriage-based reality shows contract venereal diseases from fooling around?

Rejected Woman:"Thanks for the great night in the hot tub.  By the way, I have herpe."
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I watched it....Many of those girls were pretty ugly and look like they NEED to kiss a lot of frogs to TRY to get a prince.

There's just something about this show that's not right though. I think the guy really is a millionaire and FOX is taking the viewing public on their own reality show.

And for you guys saying "typical women", I'll bet ya the women are saying "typical guys".. Lying about what they have just to get a chick into bed..How many of us have said they would respect them in the morning? Or "I'll love you forever"...You wait..It's coming

What we are seeing is natural. The female in EVERY species (maybe with the exception of those lesbian seagulls) look for the male of their species with the most to offer. The better hunter. The one with the better shelter, or better fighter, etc. It means he can provide for and take care of her and a bunch of offspring so the species can survive...(Darwin rocks!)

And which one of you guys wouldn't take the opportunity to hook up with a really hot chick with tons of money if you had the chance? You know, if you were single, young, verile, etc... I WOULD! I need more toys and if I can bag a hot sugar mama, then so be it..

Some of you guys are way too eagar to judge. Turn the tables.

Damn, does the above sound "P" whipped or what? I need to go back to the range for a day or two..lol
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#39]
I dunno.   I watched it... and I agree that there'll be more of a twist than just that he's not rich.  I thought it was OK, but it will get much more interesting as the gals get weeded out.  Catfight!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#40]
That is a very cruel trick to play on all of those womenz.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A heavy machinery operator that makes ONLY 19k per year? I find that hard to believe.
View Quote

Non-Union...and stop calling me Shirley.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I plan on actually watching this one toward the end.  I want to see the gold digger's reaction.
View Quote

same here i like the whole principle of it.
its hysterical there all backbiting for it and then at the end its going to boom it all comes crashing down.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'll bet there's a twist somewhere.  Here's my guest.  Guy picks girl, then tells her she's not really millionaire.  Gauges her reaction, then tells her he really is a millionaire after all..
View Quote

You may be right. In fact I'm betting his paycheck for the show is One-Million even.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Bah...

All of FOX's newer shows have sucked since they cut off Family Guy.

Oz
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#48]
I am with Aimless...First thing I said was Lawyers on your mark.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Bah...

All of FOX's newer shows have sucked since they cut off Family Guy.

Oz
View Quote

That show was fall of the chair funny.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I bet he actually IS loaded, but they will tell the womenz he is Joe Schmoe and only makes 19k per year....and see the expressions on the faces. If the one he picks still wants to be with him, they will tell her that he actually has a couple of million, but not the castle.
View Quote

DING DING DING, Bob, tell him what he has won!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top