Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2002 6:13:27 PM EDT
Can you believe this? They're advertising for americans to get jobs in Saudi Arabia! $80K to $127K.

[url]http://www.net-temps.com/jpost.htm/reline?c=F97&hl=%28electrical%2Cdesigner%29[/url]

I thought S.A. was becoming one of our "enemies". I guess not? maybe? I suppose this would be a way to see the up coming war up close. And get paid for it! What's this world coming to? Whose our buddies? Whose our enemies?
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The only difference between a friend and an enemy is who is paying you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Trust me on this one. I have spent a fair amount of time in Saudi Arabia and they ARE NOT OUR FRIENDS. Those people (General Public) HATE us so bad its unbelievable.

If you were to take one of those jobs where do you think you might have to live? hmmm? It will be in a VERY small unsecured American compound/village in a VERY large Saudi Arabian city. Sound like fun? Where ya gonna shop and eat? Do you speak the language?

No thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
And look at the job description. Sounds like they want an American to do radar and imaging work, against, identifying(?), American battle positions? This has got to be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
ahemmm...   FUCK THEM!
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually turned down one of those offers circa 1972.  Back then it was for ArAmCo, about $70k or so.  The bennies were unbelievable.  5yr contract, non military electronics.  Sure glad I thought it over!  Would have been on easy street by now - or dead.  Oh well.....

They are lazy and ignorant - hire all their work done by outsiders that they hate.  Strange people, really strange.  I have heard nothing good about them from anyone who has lived there.

15 of their citizens murdered 3000 of ours one year ago today.  What do you believe I think about THEM?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top