Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/10/2007 10:34:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2007 10:35:40 PM EST by PeteCO]
Unemployed Arfcommers chime in!

If so, what did you do today, and what are you drinking tonight?

I just had a Longs Peak Raspberry Wheat, followed by a New Belgium Mothership Wit. The alcohol consumption rules out my nightly Ambien so I'll be up for a while.

Today I welded some random metal together (was out of practice), took an online CPE class (accountant continuing ed), and played with my 14 month old son. I mourned the loss of my pet moth.

I know you were chomping at the bit to see what I was up to today.......
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:40:45 PM EST
Im not working now. Got out of the mil, and am waiting for the woman to finish her college classes. We are moving to Texas because we got a great deal on a 3 year old house my sister used to live in, and to also be closer to my family.

Tonight I drank a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale....

Today I surfed the net for hours, watched our twins for about 4hrs total, and dicked around with other stuff through out the day.

3 months off so far and 3 more to go. God Im glad I saved money just for this very purpose!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:43:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By Belmont31R:

Never had it. What's it taste like?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:44:15 PM EST
I'm not exactly jobless, I just don't have any work right now. That's just the way it is in the construction business. Luckily, I was busy enough the first half of the year that I can afford to take the rest of the year off.

Unfortunately, I haven't adjusted and I'm still on my working sleep schedule, so I've been sleeping from 9 AM to 6 PM every day this week.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:46:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By PeteCO:

The best thing I can equate it to is like drinking a pine tree. Its by far my favorite go to beer when I dont want to feel like doing a taste test with something else I havent tried. Ive been drinking SNPA for years and its great stuff.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:47:02 PM EST
I'm temporarily unemployed, taking my reconstitution time after getting back from Iraq. I have been drinking Rockstar zero carb and vodka tonight. I'm actually getting kind of tired of drinking every night.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:47:57 PM EST

The best thing I can equate it to is like drinking a pine tree. Its by far my favorite go to beer when I dont want to feel like doing a taste test with something else I havent tried. Ive been drinking SNPA for years and its great stuff.

So it's like a fruity wheat beer? Fat Tire has coriander in it, sound like a close approximation?

I'll pick a sixer up tomorrow and try it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:50:03 PM EST
Oh yets see, I checked Hotjobs, Careerbuilder, and Monster for job openings, there is nothing. As far as drinking goes. No money = no booze.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:50:14 PM EST
My wife and I started our own company. check it out www.accessmetropolis.com
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:51:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2007 10:52:30 PM EST by 53vortec]
It's daytime here right now. Not doing much, just loungin around surfing the web and watching a Bond movie.

Was drinking salty dogs with Gilbey's Premium London Dry Gin last night, probably gonna start back on those in a little while.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:53:40 PM EST

So it's like a fruity wheat beer? Fat Tire has coriander in it, sound like a close approximation?

No its not sweet or fruity. Its very distinctive IMO. Ive never had another beer come close to its taste when so many of them tend to be pretty indistinguishable. Just have to try it, and if you dont like it send me the other 5 bottles.

Its different than fat tire. Its a stronger taste than that. Its about as strong in flavor as petes wicked ale if not more so.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:54:54 PM EST

No way. SNPA tastes like most typical homebrew ales, it's pretty good but has it's own distinct flavor. Good beer, but not fruity or like most of the trendy crap.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:02:43 PM EST
Unemployed Journeyman Electrician signing in.

Milk and protein shakes?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:07:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By the870isking:
Unemployed Journeyman Electrician signing in.

Milk and protein shakes?

Milkshakes are about as healthy as it gets for me

Come to think of it, I'm in the mood for a vanilla malt. Too bad we have no icecream. I've had a few beers otherwise I'd make a quick grocery store run.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:17:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sturmgewehr-58:
I'm not exactly jobless, I just don't have any work right now. That's just the way it is in the construction business. Luckily, I was busy enough the first half of the year that I can afford to take the rest of the year off.

Unfortunately, I haven't adjusted and I'm still on my working sleep schedule, so I've been sleeping from 9 AM to 6 PM every day this week.

Tell me about it. Except I did not have as good as you in the first half of the year. Although construction is not down for me *IF* I want to pack into a van full of other non english types and split an hourly wage of 7.25 between the 14 of us. Or drive an hour on my dime, work and drive home for less than I could sit and watch Jerry Springer on my couch for.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:23:05 PM EST
I'm not employed by someone else. But I do work.

Today I did some more experimenting on methods and procedures for making a set of 1911 grips. Tried a different setup and carving technique.

Tomorrow, I'm going to order the Dave Gingery series on building a machine shop from scratch so I can build some better wood-working tools. I'm really into DIY.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:27:33 PM EST
Drinking coors light and gettin ready to start a bf2 lan party. Also downloading the cod4 demo. As far as what I did today, same thing I do everyday, nothing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:28:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2007 4:29:39 PM EST by Bob1984]
I'm unemployed. Just waiting for an interview appointment with UPS. Their union is making things slow. So far, today, I've gone to the gym and I just got done arguing with my girlfriend.

I have some rum, but I'm not much of a rum fan, nor am I in any mood to drink. Just too pissed off because of the girlfriend.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:29:05 PM EST
i go to school
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:33:08 PM EST
I'm out of work as of today. I am taking a few weeks off to move to a different state. I have another job line up (hope it doesn't fall through) and enough in the bank to feed the pay taxes for 2007 and live on the leftovers for a few months.

I'm packing my belongings right now and geting ready for a 16 hour road trip tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:34:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2007 4:35:12 PM EST by MagKnightX]
Unemployed.

Today I slept through my morning class because I stayed up too late... working on an assignment that was due today in said class

Then this afternoon I went with my friends and housemates to a chinese restaurant and the grocery store.

Then this evening I went to calc class and totally pwned a quiz.

Came home and watched some Dirty Jobs.

I really need a job though. I'm running out of money and though I know my parents will cut me a check anytime I ask, I really dont want to because they're also putting my brother through law school, so money's a little tight. Nowhere I've applied to has called me back or returned my calls, though, which really fucking sucks.

Drinking, well, unfortunately the nanny-state busybodies hate it when people my age drink boozahol, so they made it illegal, so tonight I'm drinking some water and some Ziegler's apple cider. Mmm... Ziegler's...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:35:11 PM EST

That's good beer. LOTS of hopps gves it a real astringent taste, bitter, but not unpleasantly so. It's a beer with a lot of flavor. One of my top ten all time favorites.
Top Top