Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2003 7:30:48 AM EDT
Anybody know anything about them?
My daughter joined about six months ago and I haven't really formed my oppinion of them yet.
At a quick glance it kinda seems like a cult.
They seem to have some good things going for them but they also have to wear weird gowns at meetings and serve the Masons dinners every now and then.
I don't have anything bad to say about Masons.The few I know seem to be decent folk.
I've met some of these kids and they just seem too nice.
Don't get me wrong I like kids that act politely but some of these girls are almost robotic about it.
I'm just not to keen on my kid playing waitress or having different ideas indoctrinated into her.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Job's Daughters are the girl equivalent to DeMolay, which is sort of a junior Masonic organization for high school age men.

[url]http://www.iojd.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds wrong to me. Is this function through a church or the masons or independant? If it were my daughter I'd find  out as much as possible as soon as possible.How old is she? Are the parents allowed to be involved? If they do not want you involved then something is definately wrong.
My .02 cents
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't drink any wine if she brings you a bottle......[}:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a DeMolay, based on what I saw they were very similar to us. Most of our activities we did revolved around brotherhood and civic duty.  DeMolay had a structured chain of command so I learned a lot about leading and following and oraginzing activities.  Both organizations are a way for younger people to be involved in the Masonic stuff.

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless you like kids...

That being said, what a creepy name for an organization! Did anybody read Genesis before choosing that name? What are they getting at if they did? Weird. It would be like calling a nursery school Abraham"s Day Care. Would you send your kid there?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
They are a Masonic-sponsored youth organization for girls.  They have ceremonies, titles, and costumes.  I attended one of their [i]installations[/i] (of officers), and it was about what I expected.  Nothing "cultish", just different.

As far as I know, their meetings are open to parents.  If you have questions, why not attend one?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, the meetings are open to parents and they are encouraged to be there.  Job had seven sons and three daughters and the "court" is made up of a queen and two princesses to present the daughters.  The main thing that is stressed is the faith of Job after he was tested by God...nothing cultish about it, unless you consider Masons a cult.  I was in for about 5 years and still consider myself "mostly" normal.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have to admit I would be suspicious of any group that professes to ties with the Poor Knights.  I could choose better role models and affiliations for self-aggrandizement.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Beware!!!

At our gun club, we had Girl Scouts come and serve at the dinners.  They all wound up pushing their cookies door-to-door.  Not only that, but the paramilitary uniforms gave away their fascist leaning.  I can only wonder what secret incantations and brainwashing they had to endure.  

I heard talk of oaths and stuff, and I think they had a book they had to study.  Probably it taught them dangerous ideas like "morals", "truth", "trustworthiness", "kindness" and other stuff like my son had to learn when he was in the parallel organization.

Protect your daughter against these things, and make sure she gets at least 4 hrs of MTV a day to keep her on the right path.   Soon you will be among the many fathers who want their daughters to grow up to be just like Jennifer Lopez and Madonna.  [;D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless you like kids...

That being said, what a creepy name for an organization! Did anybody read Genesis before choosing that name? What are they getting at if they did? Weird. It would be like calling a nursery school Abraham"s Day Care. Would you send your kid there?
View Quote

Better than calling it Lott's Daughters.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Treetop is right. Its a masonic orginazition for young girls; much like the DeMolay is for young boys. It teaches them good moral character, respect, and much more. Its kind of a stepping stone to prepare them to go on to the Eastern Star if they so desire when they come of age. I would encourage any young girl to join Jobes Daughters.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:42:56 AM EDT
[#13]
It's the [url=http://members.aol.com/matrixwerx/glbthistory/bilitis.htm] Daughters of Bilitis[/url] you want to worry about... [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top