Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2006 8:24:47 AM EDT
Hello Blackdog714!

We have found your resume at www.monster.com.

And We would like to suggest you a position at our company - the Transfer Manager.

The task of the Transfer Manager is to process payments between our clients and our company via bank accounts, bank checks, PayPal. The job is related to remote Internet operations.

Every payment order will be accompanied with detailed instructions. It's a commission based position. You will get about 10% of each processed payment.

General requirements:
- Ability to create good administrative reporting;
- Prior customer service experience is a good benefit, but not a must;
- Willingness to work from home, take responsibility set up and achieve goals;
- Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations;
- Effective interaction with customers;
- Familiarity to working online, Internet and e-mail skills;
- 3-5 hours per week

Salary: $600-$1200 per week

This job will allow you to:
- Work efficiently from home;
- Increase available personal time;
- Achieve financial independence in half the normal time (1-3 hours per day);
- Develop high self-respect and esteem.
- Become able to share time and money with others less fortunate than you;

Current Vacancies: 5

If you are interested in working with us, or if you want more information, you can contact me directly at my personal email address.

I'll need your full name, telephone number and mailing address so I can send you the contract and other paperwork necessary to get started. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

So, should I email them my address and phone number?  They already have my first and last name?

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]
pyramid shceme?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
scam
MLM
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
pyramid shceme?

I thought that at first too (Herbalife has been blowing up my inbox )

However if you read carefully, it says they send you money and instructions on what to do with it...  I dont know, I HATE MLM scammers
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#4]
You don't qualify to be a "transfer manager" because you are not Nigerian. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You don't qualify to be a "transfer manager" because you are not Nigerian. Sorry.

I could ask them to send me a couple of Anus Notebooks to test them out
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
It's your invitation to a bank fraud scheme. Won't it be wonderful?!!!  Just think of the possibilities!  Stripe jumpsuit or orange?  hmm.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a scam, I just Googled this from last year:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money Transfer Job Scams: August 2005

No legitimate company will use bank accounts of private individuals for processing payments from its customers. No legitimate business will pay 5% and more for international money transfers (for example, $250 out of $5000), when banks provide such services for only $30-50 per transaction and businesses and individuals can set up their own bank accounts in other countries if needed. No legitimate company uses private individuals to receive parcels and remail them.

Job offers on the internet such as the ones listed here involve stolen money and stolen goods. If you participate in these scams, even without criminal intent, you could be held liable and face criminal charges. If you have been recruited, contact the police and notify your bank.

* Job offer spam: Forwarding payments (Fraud)
   * Forwarding Paypal payments via Western Union (Fraud)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More info in Linky.

Fearless
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey!!! That's my job. Why you dirty b*st*rd!!!

Joking.

The return address in my invatation was [email protected]. I googled that and variations and found a rebuttal at Expatfinancial.com which is a real company. However someone has copied their web site for this scam.

Here's the text from the site.

Notice to Recipients of Bogus Web Site and Job Email

Dear Visitors to Expat Financial,

It came to our attention August 18th/2006 that many people have received a fake job offer email from a bogus web site www.expat-usa-financial.com,  www.expat-ger-financial.com, & www.expat-turk-financial.com that maliciously and illegally copied the entire web site of www.expatfinancial.com to this new web site purchased with a stolen credit card. These fake web sites are either shut down or are in the process of being shut down and the police have been notified. The bogus web sites are in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and constitutes copyright infringement.

We are not hiring anyone at all.

The foreign criminals behind this copyright violation and email scam were & are sending false emails to people around the world stating that they had a job for them as a Transfer Agent with a fake internet site Expat USA Financial. The email promised a part time job processing checks - which were either stolen or fake. The criminal entities responsible for this spoof and fraudulent email were attempting to engage the unsuspecting email recipient in a money laundering scam.

If you have received this bogus email, delete it and of course do not contact the people who have sent it. Do not send your bank or personal details to anyone connected with that email. If it looks suspect, then it probably is.

Here are some web sites that may provide more information on protecting yourself from internet fraud:

www.internetfraud.usdoj.gov/

www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/cyberfraud.htm

www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm

Best Regards,

TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd.

Owner & operator of www.expatfinancial.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top