Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 3:29:17 PM EDT
What to do with 18 sq. yards of 3 color desert material? I was thinking seat covers for the Jeep, possibly getting a pattern and making a hooded mid-weight jacket.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with the stuff? It was a helluva deal on the price.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some of that too - I made a spare tire cover for my jeep.  I bought two yards of woodland digital there yesterday...I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have any left over or extra, let me know. my wife is a whiz with needles and thread... fullclip
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Make a cover for your pack with elastic edges. Like a giant shower cap. Just off the top of my head
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Ghillie
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ghillie

With plain fabric? It's not BDU's (though I've considered making a over-suit or coverall type thing too). If I cut it into strips, eventually it will fray into nothingness. This is a decent material, but it needs to have finished edges.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Zeltbahn, anyone?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Zeltbahn, anyone?

Huh?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A very useful piece of cloth.

www.zeltbahn.net/
www.zeltbahn.net/glossary.htm
images.google.com/images?q=zeltbahn&hl=en&lr=&client=REAL-tb&rls=RNWA,RNWA:2003-29,RNWA:en&sa=N&tab=wi

Interesting idea. Finish the edges, add some grommets, scotchguard, and voila! Instant compact shelter/tent, ground cover, blind, concealment. Thanks for the info 95thFoot!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A very useful piece of cloth.

www.zeltbahn.net/
www.zeltbahn.net/glossary.htm
images.google.com/images?q=zeltbahn&hl=en&lr=&client=REAL-tb&rls=RNWA,RNWA:2003-29,RNWA:en&sa=N&tab=wi

Interesting idea. Finish the edges, add some grommets, scotchguard, and voila! Instant compact shelter/tent, ground cover, blind, concealment.

And you can wear it,too! (Quite a fashion statement!)

Thanks for the info 95thFoot!

You're welcome!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, a rare, late-war prototype.  After all, we did copy our camo from the Germans...lol
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Tactical lingerie for the wife/girlfriend.

RAWR!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Its funny you see the stuff and think "wow what a great deal I can make tons of shit with this stuff" so you buy it and take it home and cant actually think of anything to make.

I have 2 large bolts of woodland goretex i dont know what to do with.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I could use a Tent and some BDU's for my Action Figures.

Just an idea...........

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I could use a Tent and some BDU's for my Action Figures.

Just an idea...........

Sgatr15

I don't have any sewing abilities Sarge...let alone a sewing machine at the moment. You send me an IM of how much you think you might need, and we can try to work something out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top