BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2001 7:36:01 AM EDT
Apparently was not invited...
[url]www.washtimes.com/national/20010928-30736400.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#1]

But Mr. Jackson is still weighing a trip.
    "Either the Taliban government is going to stand alone and take on this world pressure, or they are going to look for some graceful way out," Mr. Jackson said yesterday. "I hope that appealing to a peace delegation could be a bridge. We would like to see this situation resolved in a way that preserves the dignity and integrity of all sides."
View Quote

I agree. Let's give them the SAME dignity they gave 7,000 of our citizens - buried under 100 million tons of rubble.

Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]

More from the article....

"I got a call today from the Taliban spokesman in Pakistan, offering me to lead a peace delegation to the country," Mr. Jackson told his audience.

But in Islamabad, Abdul Salam Zaeef, the Taliban ambassador to Pakistan, denied issuing an invitation
    "We have not invited him, but he offered to mediate and our leader, Mullah Mohammed Omar, has accepted this offer," During an interview yesterday, Mr. Jackson backpedaled when questioned about the invitation.

"I was surprised that I heard from them," Mr. Jackson said initially. "I really don't want to go."     Later, he said: "It doesn't matter who initiated this, but that both of us are interested in talking."
View Quote

What a lying scumbag.

Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea, he really is a DIRTBAG.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the President has already picked out a couple of SEAL teams to negotiate.  They don't like the limelight as much as Jesse though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Everything that this racist jerk ever does is for showboating reasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top