Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/30/2015 6:26:10 PM EDT
California, being forward thinking in a good way for once.

Article

Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday signed one of the strictest schoolchild vaccination laws in the country, eliminating personal and religious belief exemptions for vaccines.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Not.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Enacting regulations like these will never be forward thinking in a good way, and you should feel bad OP.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
[cleavage photo removed - Paul]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Enacting regulations like these will never be forward thinking in a good way, and you should feel bad OP.
View Quote
It may not be forward thinking - but it's a DAMN GOOD law!!!

If someone wants to send their kid to a public school paid for by tax payers, then the the fuckin' urchin damn sure better be vaccinated.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Jerry Brown is a goofball, commie son of a bitch.

Hands off other peoples kids.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Its not forward thinking.

Its looking at the known historical facts about reality.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]

She is batshit nuts and she isn't as young as she once was.
But yeah, I would.

Now: Lets see how the left successfully blames Republicans for this becoming law, despite the fact that California's republican legislators are as self described "impotent minority" and the dems pretty much run the show unopposed.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Will not hold up in court
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck CA and FJB.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Good.  I think most of us here are against legislation that allows soccer mom feels to make decisions that impact others?  Besides, they're not saying you don't have the right to not vaccine your kids.  Just that you can't send them to public schools and spread otherwise eradicated diseases to kids with compromised immune systems.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#12]
And the hippies flipped the hell out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I suspect that to be true, but hopefully it does hold up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck CA and FJB.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]

While I enjoyed the cleavage, I don't get your point.

I have been anti-mandatory vaccination before it was "Hip".

Don't like it? I don't care.

Flamesuit on & cinched up.

& before you ignorants pile on, consider if antibiotic vaccines were mandatory... Oh wait there are antibiotic resistance bacteria now...studies have shown vaccination resistant bugs now also.

That doesn't even get into the anaphylactic aspects of the protein inhousement issue.

Can they save lives by the millions? Sure.

Should they be mandatory?

NOT!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#17]
yays freedum and such ya'll
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

LOL

Indeed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#19]
A friend and his wife that live in the Bay Area are flipping the fuck out, but they have enough money to afford private schools for both of their unvaccinated children. They are anti-GMO, don't use commercial deodorants, soaps, etc...... I bet their farts are ozone free.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Mandatory vaccine law in Kali?

This is gonna be a fun one to watch.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Yay! More fucked up children in California.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

& before you ignorants pile on, consider if antibiotic vaccines were mandatory... Oh wait there are antibiotic resistance bacteria now...studies have shown vaccination resistant bugs now also.

That doesn't even get into the anaphylactic aspects of the protein inhousement issue.

NOT!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

NOT!

"Antibiotic vaccines"?

Yea, that's the ticket.

"Antibiotics vaccines done gave my crotchfruit da autiizzum!"

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#24]
GOOD!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag for vaccine lulz
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It may not be forward thinking - but it's a DAMN GOOD law!!!   If someone wants to send their kid to a public school paid for by tax payers, then the the fuckin' urchin damn sure better be vaccinated.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It may not be forward thinking - but it's a DAMN GOOD law!!!   If someone wants to send their kid to a public school paid for by tax payers, then the the fuckin' urchin damn sure better be vaccinated.

If their kids cannot be admitted, then the parents should be refunded the portion of their taxes that go towards the public schools.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

NOT!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

NOT!

Protein inhousement, eh?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If their kids cannot be admitted, then the parents should be refunded the portion of their taxes that go towards the public schools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck to the no.

I still have to pay taxes that go towards public school, and have no kids. Hippies don't want to vaccinate their crotchfruit, and kids cant enroll? Tough shit, imo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Protein inhousement, eh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT!

Protein inhousement, eh?

Well, that and antibiotic vaccines.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm sure they will work hard to enforce this law.  And ignore immigration laws.  fuck jerry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Vaccines are good for the public health.

This is known and is the truth.  

What happens when Lexapro, Zoloft and other mood altering drugs are decided to be "good for the public health" and Pandora's box of forced medication through this vaccination push has already been opened.

Government run health care + mandated forced medication for "the public health" = You don't get to decide if you want to take medications.

ETA, there are no liberty minded solutions to this problem that won't lead to abuse by tyrants.  I want people vaccinated.  Forcing them puts my freedom at risk.  Public shaming might help a lot, but the media is complicit in helping further the anti vaccine movement,
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What happens when Lexapro, Zoloft and other mood altering drugs are decided to be "good for the public health" and Pandora's box of forced medication through this vaccination push has already been opened.

Government run health care + mandated forced medication for "the public health" = You don't get to decide if you want to take medications.
View Quote

Won't matter after we're all strung out on protein inhoused antibiotic vaccines.  

That shit's the work of the devil, man.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except it doesn't just apply to public school.  It applies to all "group schooling" public, private, group homeschooling, day care, etc...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#34]
First of all I am anti government telling me I HAVE to do anything. Secondly I don't get the argument against unvaccinated kids going to public schools. If vaccines are so great and your kids are vaccinated, why are you scared of kids that aren't?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Educate me please. If you are vaccinated against, say chicken pox, and I am not, how does that affect you at all?

ETA: is it a fear that you will catch what you are vaccinated against?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Thread 1: "Arg, we hate government control!"

Thread 2: "Yay, government control will save us!"

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Everyone should get their kids vaccinated. I'm not much of a fan of the government forcing people to do things through threat of violence.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

yays freedum and such ya'll
View Quote

You're still free to expose your kids to diseases, that has nothing to do with the bill.

You just can't enroll your kid in the public school.

Good law, freedom intact.

It's rare I think California gets anything right, but this one is perfect from a public safety/freedom standpoint.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Google the term "herd immunity" and you will get it.  The bottom line is vaccines aren't 100% effective, so having the vast majority of a population vaccinated is important in order to keep diseases from gaining a foot hold among the non-vaccinated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Educate me please. If you are vaccinated against, say chicken pox, and I am not, how does that affect you at all?

Google the term "herd immunity" and you will get it.  The bottom line is vaccines aren't 100% effective, so having the vast majority of a population vaccinated is important in order to keep diseases from gaining a foot hold among the non-vaccinated.

Actually herd immunity is the exact opposite of what you are claiming. It's the theory that says members of a herd that are not immune to something have protection from that thing by belonging to a herd that is mostly immune to the thing. The immune naive is unlikely to come into contact with the pathogen since no one around will have it since the others are  immune. Please continue to educate me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Actually herd immunity is the exact opposite of what you are claiming. It's the theory that says members of a herd that are not immune to something have protection from that thing by belonging to a herd that is mostly immune to the thing. The immune naive is unlikely to come into contact with the pathogen since no one around will have it since the others are  immune. Please continue to educate me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, FFS.

Teach me about protein inhoused antibiotic vaccines.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If their kids expose the greater public to their diseases that are easily avoided with a safe vaccine, then they should pay extra taxes to cover the cost.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why not?
The US Supreme court upheld compulsory vaccinations in Jacobson v. Massachusetts. (1905)
To quote Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.  "The principle that sustains compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian tubes. Buck v. Bell (1927)
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I almost never agree with the insanity coming out of Cali, but by gawd this is a good idea.  Collections of kids are germ cesspools as it is, so allowing the unvaccinated into the mix is a BAD idea, especially given the number of anti-vacc nutters these days.  
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

ETA, there are no liberty minded solutions to this problem that won't lead to abuse by tyrants.  I want people vaccinated.  Forcing them puts my freedom at risk.  Public shaming might help a lot, but the media is complicit in helping further the anti vaccine movement,
View Quote
Thank you. People are so damn shortsighted.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#49]
herd immunityA
Quoted:

Oh, FFS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, FFS.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity
ETA. Wish I could hotlink worth shit
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

until your unvaccinated ratio become to high and you lose the herd immunity and an outbreak happens.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top