Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:52:49 PM EDT
Just obtained both seasons of the television series Jericho that ran on CBS awhile back. I've watched the first season and I'm currently watching season 2. Wow, how did I miss this?

Anyway here's a link where you can watch some episodes if you want.

Jericho Series at Hulu.com
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:02:01 PM EDT
get out from under the rock, and yea its a good show..
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:06:39 PM EDT
damnit where were you when they decided to keep this show on the air! Yes, its an awesome show.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:11:03 PM EDT
Too right-wing for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:12:45 PM EDT
Only network TV show I've watched in years. It was great.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:13:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRegulator:
Too right-wing for me.

ya no kidding with all teh STHF stuff in it..

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:17:03 PM EDT
I bet toilet paper and coffee sold really well.

Not so sure I would have liked the town confiscating my ammo though. I think it was mostly voluntary, but pretty much society shut down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:24:31 PM EDT
Could have been a great show but poor pacing and scripting not too mention some of the casting shot that show in the foot, I still watched it every week though because it was this gens version of Red Dawn
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:07:38 PM EDT
They need to come out with a movie to tie up the loose ends like tge X-Files movie did..
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:17:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rampant_Colt:
They need to come out with a movie to tie up the loose ends like tge X-Files movie did..

I agree, just finished the 2nd season, and they can take if further.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:26:27 PM EDT

A movie is in the works. I hope it isn't butchered.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:42:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fallingwrench:

Ditto. It's either going to rock, or be a disappointment. One extreme. I am hoping for the best!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:37:30 PM EDT
The movie will suck unless they discount the last episode as a "Dallas" type dream sequence.
They fucked up by killing off Johnston Green.

As long as they bring back Alicia Coppola...

And Ravenwood Solutions.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:45:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chrisaka:
Originally Posted By fallingwrench:
They need to come out with a movie to tie up the loose ends like the X-Files movie did..

Ditto. It's either going to rock, or be a disappointment. One extreme. I am hoping for the best!
I hope most of the original cast will be back for a movie..[ESPECIALLY Alicia Coppola ]
Evidently Skeet Ulrich is doing some other series as well as some of the other cast members.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:47:54 PM EDT
I enjoyed the show and CBS cancelled it once. Then everybody sent nuts to CBS in support of the show and they ran a second season. Then CBS cancelled it once again.

I wonder if the gov stepped in and made CBS stop the show?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:51:38 PM EDT
*****SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!*******

Originally Posted By KA3B:
They fucked up by killing off Johnston Green.

Won't be quite the same without Bonnie, either...

Man, that gal knew how to handle a shotgun!

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:53:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KA3B:
The movie will suck unless they discount the last episode as a "Dallas" type dream sequence.

You think Civil War II will suck?

The movie will be fucking awesome, I assure you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:57:51 PM EDT

I was late getting in on this show, so I did not watch it at all, so as not to spoil it. Recently, I started watching it on Hulu for free. The only problem is you cannot pause it like a DVR. But I am looking

foward to getting the rest of this series, when I want to watch it, through the computer or TV, for free. Kick Ass!!! Oh, the first few episodes were commercial free, but after the fourth or fifth

episode, the commercials begin ...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:01:08 PM EDT
since when did they start working on a movie to tie it up? i just read a few weeks ago that devils due publishing got the rights to do a comic book to tie the show up...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:04:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rykn0w:
since when did they start working on a movie to tie it up? i just read a few weeks ago that devils due publishing got the rights to do a comic book to tie the show up...

They haven't.

Producer: Jericho movie is in active development
BY PATRICK LEE
7:00 AM ON 03/18/09

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/producer-jericho-movie-is.php

Dan Shotz, co-executive producer of CBS' canceled post-apocalyptic drama Jericho, told SCI FI Wire that he and his fellow writer/producers are indeed serious about developing a feature film based on the cult show.

"It's not just wishful thinking," Shotz said in an exclusive interview Tuesday at CBS Studios in Studio City, Calif., where he screened the pilot of his new series, Harper's Island. He added: "We've ... been developing a feature to hopefully make, because we would love to. I mean, ... Jericho is so built in a way, ... especially where we left off season two, to create a feature. So our hope is to launch this comic-book series and then, with the development at the same time of the feature, hopefully get that launched as well."
The comic series is from Devil's Due Publishing and will pick up where the series left off, pledging to answer many of the story's lingering questions. The show's writers will contribute to the comic series, Shotz added.

"It's all us," Shotz said. "Jon Turteltaub, Karim Zreik, myself, Dan Shotz, Carol Barbee, Jon Steinberg, the whole group. ... When you've had an experience working on something like Jericho, it doesn't go away easily. It's all of our babies, and we love it, and ... we would love to see it keep going. Especially when ... you have the fan base like that fan base, and we were so fortunate and so lucky to get a season two because of that fan base, and we want to keep telling it if we can."

Shotz referred to the fan campaign to revive the series after CBS canceled it following its first season. The campaign—in which fans shipped tons of peanuts to CBS—succeeded in getting the show picked up for a seven-episode second season.

"We are picking up right after we left off and sort of telling what would have been season three in comic-book form," Shotz said.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:08:20 PM EDT
watch it on joost, no commercials !
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:13:40 PM EDT
So you'll have to "buy" the comic books in order to find out where the movie picks up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:25:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By WhirlyGirl45:
Could have been a great show but poor pacing and scripting not too mention some of the casting shot that show in the foot, I still watched it every week though because it was this gens version of Red Dawn

word

John Milius is still one of my favorite people. And he's one of the coolest dudes you'll ever meet. I asked him for a couple minutes at the NRA Banquet a few years ago. Two hours later, we were the only two still in the room beside the clean-up crew––still deep in conversation.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he frequented this joint.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:41:16 PM EDT
comic book series deal has been set up. movie deal is being discussed but nothing concrete according to my sources.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:47:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JimsZR2:
I enjoyed the show and CBS cancelled it once. Then everybody sent nuts to CBS in support of the show and they ran a second season. Then CBS cancelled it once again.

I wonder if the gov stepped in and made CBS stop the show?

show was canceled first time due to viewer numbers being low and cbs's lack of marketing the show in the first place.

cbs received a lot of nuts. cbs did not just renew jericho because of that, but also because they knew a writer's strike was pending and as it turned out, while every other network was running reruns, jericho season 2 was new, unfortunately, it still did not pull in the rating that nena tassler wanted.

government stepping in to shut it down? no....ratings is what shut jericho down.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:50:31 PM EDT
Thanks, I'll go ahead and watch that and cook chili. I've seen them all before but I don't mind watching again.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:54:18 PM EDT
Didn't CBS cancel it for "political" reasons/overtones. I thought it was a ratings hit?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:57:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 12:58:18 PM EDT by xwarp]
here, let's see how many of you paid attention:

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:06:23 PM EDT
I am a fan.

I wonder why they always cancel the shows I like though?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:11:37 PM EDT
What are the big projectiles? Mortar bombs, or something?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:13:07 PM EDT
jericho was not canceled due political overtones, it was undertones of the "bottom line"....

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:24:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By xwarp:

http://www.baileystavern.com/guns/ar2a.jpg

Where did you get those patches??
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:29:48 PM EDT
When my copy came in I couldnt stop watching until I had finished both seasons.

Thats right, damn near in the same sitting

It was that good
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:34:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 1:38:31 PM EDT by xwarp]
Originally Posted By SIPCAT-C:

Where did you get those patches??

the patches are from the show. cbs allowed one of the prop masters to auction a few items with proceeds going to greensburg, ks.

i also have an "A.S. ARMY" and subdued 10th MTN division patch too.

edit to add: the mortar looking things are in fact prop mortars from jericho. they were the same mortars that new bern used against jericho.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:05:01 PM EDT
Well, I hadn't seen the show until today.

Pretty god-damned good.

BTW, Joost sucks. The video was so dark and bleary, I couldn't tell what was going on. I'm going back to CBS video (and the concomitant commercials).
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:40:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 4:48:05 PM EDT by Saiga12GB]

No, A 4 day mini series ( each episode being 2 hours long ) they need to pick it where it left off ..with the beinning of the 2nd American Revolution... I have one of those Ravenwood patches w/ rocker too.

Ebay has alot of Jericho stuff, Patches, decals , etc.... just type in Jericho & scroll down..

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:00:45 PM EDT

...And thank you, xwarp for turning me on to the show!

I'd rather they make a 2-hour special than a movie as well

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:21:18 PM EDT
After watching episode 3, I have to ask, what's Mr. Hawkins' screen name?

He seems like someone that lives on the survival forum.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:24:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 6:26:22 PM EDT by xwarp]

...And thank you, xwarp for turning me on to the show!

I'd rather they make a 2-hour special than a movie as well

no problem!

at this point, i'd take pretty much anything, but for the moment, the comic book series is better than nothing.

as far as the stuff on ebay for jericho, those are cool, but my patches are the real deal.

i used to have a chat room called jeritopia.com that fans of jericho would chat at. we had the writers/producers in for a couple of q/a sessions. it was a lot of fun and these guys loved the support of the fans.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:27:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 6:28:43 PM EDT by USGI_45]

Are those the mortars that newburn was making?
NM I see you already answered
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:28:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By USGI_45:

those are in fact from the set.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:30:29 PM EDT

Haha thats cool as hell. I saw you post that pic before but it didnt occur to me what the hell those were

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:07:40 PM EDT

Haha thats cool as hell. I saw you post that pic before but it didnt occur to me what the hell those were

I've never been big on movie/tv props, but that is bad ass!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 7:11:35 PM EDT by texasaggie]
Welcome to 2006

Long live the Republic of Texas
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:59:01 PM EDT
Just saw the episode, "9:02."

I haven't seen anyone driving any vehicles yet, which is good.
Top Top