Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/24/2005 6:19:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
so i am in a mood lately and phasing out all of the non us stuff in my house and other places, looking at jeans now

i was getting the faded glory ones from walmart, but now i boycot them(walmart)

now the jeans are made in china, levi's is not us anymore, so i started looking at all my sons jeans, here is what i find

made in

Bahrain
Kenya
Bangladesh
China
Mexico
lesotho ? where the heck is that?
Korea
Taiwan

today be trash day....

who makes all us made jeans now?

where do i find them?

I believe some Carhart's are made in the US.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:25:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Africa

Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#5]
www.prisonblues.com/home.php

eta: they also have these in 28" lengths, a tough one to find.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I do not do business with inmates.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You can't win. Either you're money goes to foreign nations or criminals.

Inmates pay their own way with their earnings. 80% is withheld from their earnings by the state of Oregon to pay for incarceration costs, victim restitution, family support, and state and federal wage taxes. Yes, inmates in Oregon's prison industries pay taxes.
The 20% left can be used for voluntary family support, to pay for continued education, buy items at the prison canteen or deposit in a savings account. An inmate can accumulate a decent nest egg after working in the program for a number of years of incarceration.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:14:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
.....and phasing out all of the non us stuff in my house and other places

Wholly impossible.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#11]
How about Big John Jeans from NY, NY???.....I don't even know if they make guys jeans.  I've had a couple of GFs from NYC who SWORE by Big John Jeans.  I gotta admit, they looked good in them!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#12]
wranglers
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

you sure they are us made?

prisonblues.com/phpDealerLocator/
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Never mind....Big John Jeans are Made in Japan.....
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Diamond Gussett Jeans are made in Alabama. You can get from the Bon Aqua Clothing Store. Google it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
so i am in a mood lately and phasing out all of the non us stuff in my house and other places, looking at jeans now

now the jeans are made in china, levi's is not us anymore, so i started looking at all my sons jeans, here is what i find

made in

Bahrain
Kenya
Bangladesh
China
Mexico
Korea
Taiwan

today be trash day....

where do i find them?

I believe some Carhart's are made in the US.

Look again, They are suppose to be closing some of their US plants and moving them to Mexico.

Link Posted: 11/24/2005 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#17]
several months ago I started a similar topic.  I found SOME Carhartt pants are.  Go to their website.  Next to some of their pants they have listed "Made in USA".  Their others are mostly made in mexico of U.S. Components.

Also, I think wranglers might still be made here.  It's been a while since I've bought a pair.  To make sure, just check the tag when you visit a local store.

ETA:
Carhartt Jeans
My Favorite - Made in USA and they look and fit fantastic.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Tag as I also would like to buy only USA goods. As many as possible anyhow...
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#19]
"Lucky" brand jeans... not cheap though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
wranglers

I was looking at a pair of Wranglers today. The tag said made in Nicaragua.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
several months ago I started a similar topic.  I found SOME Carhartt pants are.  Go to their website.  Next to some of their pants they have listed "Made in USA".  Their others are mostly made in mexico of U.S. Components.

Also, I think wranglers might still be made here.  It's been a while since I've bought a pair.  To make sure, just check the tag when you visit a local store.

ETA:
Carhartt Jeans
My Favorite - Made in USA and they look and fit fantastic.

Carhartt's "In the Trade Line" is made in the USA because of union  agreements

Then Carhartt has their "Yuppie, I want to look like a guy who works line" which is made in 3rd world shitholes
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Bill's Kakies Made in the USA
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#23]
American Apparel clothes are all made in the USA.  They look great, fit great, and are of very high quality.  The CEO lives right across the street from me.  I buy from him.  They're exploding, too.  Coming to a city near you.

They have good stuff for your favorite girly, too.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Flynn Enterprises, here in Western Kentucky, makes jeans that are labled as department store brands. I'm not sure who sell them though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I have quite a few pair of Wranglers and they all say "Made In USA."

The last Levis plant was here in San Antonio, and closed about a year ago - went overseas somewhere.  Their jeans were shit anyway - didn't hold up very well as work pants.  I quit wearing them to work a few months before the plant closed.  I'll wear them as everyday pants until they self destruct, and won't buy more.

I buy American when possible.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm in the same boat.  Levi's fit me pretty well, but they're a major gun control supporter and made in Mexico.  Wranglers fit me about as well as a pair of child's shoes.  Dickies are somewhere overseas.  Lee's are cheap.  

Everytime that I get dressed I feel like I'm taking a geography test; pants in Mexico, shirt in Nicaragua, shoes in Guatamala.  I have no idea where my socks are made, but I'm not so sure that I want to find out at this point.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#29]
As stated earlier, Lucky brand jeans are made in the USA...I have 5 pairs and all say 'AMERICAN MADE' right on the tag..they are a bit pricey ($90+) but are extremely durable and very fashionable...plus when you undo the zipper or button fly (whichever you buy) it says 'LUCKY YOU' down the fabric...its just a little something extra for that special person down on their knees undoing your jeans...
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Pointer brand jeans.
Made in Bristol, Tennessee since1913.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I have one old pair of Levis made in the US. My new ones are Mexico and Hong Kong. Almost all of my wife's jeans are made in the US - designer labels that cost close to $200. My $15 Buddy Lee's are from Nicaragua
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wranglers

13mwz's i'm currently wearing say made in usa.................
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#33]
WRANGLERS - as stated earlier.

Main sponsor of PRCA Rodeo too.  I dare you to name something more American than rodeo!

Nice shirts too.

Yes, they make "non-goat-roper" jeans for the more metroish look.

I salute your endeavor, avengeusa!
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wranglers

All "REAL", original Wranglers - like their 13MWZ flagship model, are made in the United States of America.

Must have been looking at a pair of their "metros".
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#35]
My Rocky Mountains say they're made in the USA on them.  There's always those prison blues too!
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
As stated earlier, Lucky brand jeans are made in the USA...I have 5 pairs and all say 'AMERICAN MADE' right on the tag..they are a bit pricey ($90+) but are extremely durable and very fashionable...plus when you undo the zipper or button fly (whichever you buy) it says 'LUCKY YOU' down the fabric...its just a little something extra for that special person down on their knees undoing your jeans...

That's the problem right there!  I prefer American made stuff myself but I will never pay $90 for pair of jeans, US made or not...
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
My Rocky Mountains say they're made in the USA on them.  There's always those prison blues too!

Rocky Mountains = "Cowgirl butts drive me nuts!"  

You can tell they weren't designed by homos like these "hip hugger" ass-flattening abominations that are so popular, but look like shit.

Rocky's were designed buy folks who appreciate the female caboose.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Lucky jeans are made in the US. They are pricey though, as they are less work pants and more for style. They are tough as nails though, much tougher than either my Levis or American Eagle jeans (or any other jeans I've owned, for that matter). Too bad I lost them somewhere and can't find them.

Edit: Looks like I wasn't the first. On sale though, you can find them for $60 (I bought mine on sale).
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#39]
You guys do realize that these jean companies all have
American workers: salemen, advertisers, HR staff, IT
staff, etc. Just because Americans are not slaving over
sewing machines does not mean that these companies
do not employ Americans.

You 'buy American' types are always so worried about
the fucking grunt $8/hour, uncollege educated workers
but give two shits about the white collar workers who
work just as hard.

Let's reward the have-nots at the expense of the haves.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
"Lucky" brand jeans... not cheap though.

+1
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Faded Glory Jeans... Made in USA. I got them at...GASP...Wal-Mart of all places!

Wow, American made jeans being sold at ChinaWal-mart, now I have seen everything!.

I also have jeans made in Canada, Columbia, and Turkey.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#42]
prision blues are made right here in the usa, at eastern oregon correctional facility, by inmates supervised by correctional staff. the proceeds from said sales go to pay for staff salaries, not to the inmates.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#43]
I have bought these folks overalls and have not tried the jeans yet. I have found them in various feed type stores like Tractor Supply. Old fashion thick denim too.

www.hanksclothing.com/usamadejeans.htm
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rocky Mountains = "Cowgirl butts drive me nuts!"  

You can tell they weren't designed by homos like these "hip hugger" ass-flattening abominations that are so popular, but look like shit.

Rocky's were designed buy folks who appreciate the female caboose.

They and Victoria Secrets Original VS jeans are the only ones that look decent on me.  <sigh> Levis 501's are the most comfy.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Pointer Brand.  Made in Bristol TN.

www.pointerbrand.com
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
All "REAL", original Wranglers - like their 13MWZ flagship model, are made in the United States of America.

Must have been looking at a pair of their "metros".

Sorry bud, not anymore.

Bought these about 2 months ago. Sucks, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

made in

Bahrain
Kenya
Bangladesh
China
Mexico
Korea
Taiwan

today be trash day....

where do i find them?

Some GUESS? jeans are made in the US.  Good jeans are made in Italy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:45:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Of course things aren't made in the US.  Why pay an American worker $8 an hour, when you can pay some kid that much a day?  If you can get anything made in the US, it will almost certainly be either much more expensive (thanks to high minimum wages, and I'm going to get hated for this, but unions) or low quality from cheaper materials to make up for the higher wages.  

And is the "Made in America" stuff made from US components, or is it cheap fabric imported from Taiwan and just sewn together here?  The opposite of some stuff made in other countries from US components.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:47:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Levis supports gun control.

That is all... Carry on.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top