Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2011 2:23:52 PM EDT
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110315/ts_afp/japanquakesurvivorsevacuation

From the sharing of tasks among volunteers to the neat arrangement of shoes outside the living areas, life in the shelters set up in the wake of Friday's disasters is orderly and peaceful –– unlike the chaos brought by Mother Nature

I keep trying to find a Japanese "Lootie" pic to no avail.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The Japanese have an ordered structured society, if they started going retard like say.....Haitians, then they'd lose face. Something to be said for a society that values order and structure even in adverse circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
1st world vs 3rd world
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

NO
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

NO

yes, parts of that part
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

Yes.

Well it sho looked 3rd world to me.
Reminds me, I'm outta Hienekin.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

Depends on which part you're talking about.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

I was thinking more like Haiti, however, some would argue that New Orleans falls into that category.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

I was thinking more like Haiti, however, some would argue that New Orleans falls into that category.

Third world behaviour is third world behaviour.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

Yes.

The Japanese are all about family and the better good, they take full responsibility for themselves are are very very loyal people. Not like some of those animal in LA who only care for themselves and improving there own lives
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

New Orleans certainly is.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

Just compare what happened in the Superdome compared to what is happening in all of Northeastern Japan in the wake of this disaster and draw your own conclusions.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I can only find the archive version of this for some reason.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mMaPx6QxXWEJ:pajamasmedia.com/ejectejecteject/2009/10/07/tribes-2/+ejectejecteject+tribes&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

Caffyn expressed her amazement at the kindness of strangers and the relative ease with which area residents have set up emergency operations without much obvious help from local government officials.

I don't find it amazing that people can come together and get shit done when it needs to get done. I'm not shocked that somebody from Britain, or from parts of the US, Europe, etc. would be shocked that people didn't sit around screaming "COME TAKE CARE OF ME!" until the government showed up.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#15]
IBTL  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I was reading anothe article(I can't find the link) that was saying that shop owners were REDUCING the price of goods already in short supply  to help people affect by disasters.

That would never ever ever ever, happen in the US.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was reading anothe article(I can't find the link) that was saying that shop owners were REDUCING the price of goods already in short supply  to help people affect by disasters.

You know it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hell, during Katrina armed bands of junkies stormed the Hospitals to steal drugs.

Katrina was a wasted opportunity, IMO.  Hundreds should have been gunned down in the streets.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I bet they wouldn't tear up and stomp on donated MRE's like the Haitians did.  

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
1st world vs 3rd world

Louisiana is 3rd world?

NO

Unfortunately YES IT IS.   New Orleans?  Baton Rouge- which soaked up most of the former NO post storm?  Lake Charles?  Shreveport?  Alexandria?  Maybe not the rural areas, but the majority of LA is.  
IMHO, of course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top