Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:34:39 PM EDT
My Dad and Step mom are going to Jamaica next week and I want them to pick some stuff up for me.  Problem is... I don’t know what’s good.  So, here’s my question... what are some good Jamaican Cigars and a good Jamaican Rum.  I need to keep the final cost under $200 because I think that’s all they can "legally" mail back to me while they are down there. (Any help with customs info would be greatly appreciated btw)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure that all of the major brands of Jamaican rum are available here in the U.S. (Appleton, Mount Gay etc.), the same also goes for cigars. Macanudo is the best Jamaican cigar that I've had, and you can get those everywhere here. You can find locally distilled rum that is not available here, but the few that I've tried in my travels are nowhere near as good as the major brands.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
+1.  ANY decent cigar store in Miami will kick butt on price & selection for cigars. If they're stopping in Miami long enough, they can get anything you want here. Duty-free rum "might" be cheaper to pick up down there, but not by much.   Stay safe
BTW ... Tell 'em to stop by the Tradewinds Restaurant, 47 Mainstreet, Ocho Rios.
Funky place w Grt Food
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that all of the major brands of Jamaican rum are available here in the U.S. (Appleton, Mount Gay etc.), the same also goes for cigars. Macanudo is the best Jamaican cigar that I've had, and you can get those everywhere here. You can find locally distilled rum that is not available here, but the few that I've tried in my travels are nowhere near as good as the major brands.

Macs haven't been made in Jamaica for some time. Their Dominican.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top