Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2011 10:33:30 AM EDT
I have an iPhone 3GS 4.1 os jailbroken with limera1n. No ssh installed. I tried to change the root password with mobile terminal with no success. MT won't load. Further google reaserch says the way to change the root password is through ssh. I have no need to open ssh.

So, my question is, do I need to change my root password? Is that only necessary if I open ssh?

ETA: Forgot to mention I use mywi to connect my old dino of a pc to the interwebz with my 3G connection.
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an iPhone 3GS 4.1 os jailbroken with limera1n. No ssh installed. I tried to change the root password with mobile terminal with no success. MT won't load. Further google reaserch says the way to change the root password is through ssh. I have no need to open ssh.

So, my question is, do I need to change my root password? Is that only necessary if I open ssh?

ETA: Forgot to mention I use mywi to connect my old dino of a pc to the interwebz with my 3G connection.

If it were mine, I would change the default root password incase some jailbroken app tried to do something sneaky in the background...
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto, if you're rooted, and I know your IP ( if you connect to my WIFI I have it), remember that there only 2 default passwords for all the iPhones ever created...
Sneaky things can happen is right
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#3]
So how do I change the root password without ssh? Mobile terminal wont work on OS 4.1
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Open Cydia, go to manage, then sources.  Add http://Cydia.xsellize.com then search for mobile terminal ios4 then follow your intstructions on reseting your root pwd
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:59:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Open Cydia, go to manage, then sources.  Add http://Cydia.xsellize.com then search for mobile terminal ios4 then follow your intstructions on reseting your root pwd

Added the source but the package wouldnt load. It said the file was shared with mobile terminal on a popup that would not close. Am I doing it wrong?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top