Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2013 8:14:21 PM EDT
The men, who are not related, were arguing over drugs at a gas station in the 700 block of Main Street on Aug. 3 when Curtis Jackson was punched once in the face, fell and struck his head said Lt. Rob Schoonover. He was taken to UF Health Jacksonville where he died Aug. 7.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-09-10/story/jacksonville-man-charged-manslaughter-after-deadly-punch

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Zero is too busy trying to attack Syria.  He should be minding his children.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Many years ago we had a guy in this area who went to prison for something similar.  This really SUCKS--but it did serve as a lesson for me, as it could have been any of us.  A guy and his girlfriend were walking down the street and some drunk, in front of a liquor store, grabbed the woman's breast.  The guy punched him.  The drunk fell over backward, hit his head, and was DRT.  Guy went to prison (I don't recall how long, but it was a good stretch).

A normal guy, NOT "arguing about drugs," just minding his own business, then in prison.  SUCKS!  
View Quote

How is stopping a sexual assault in progress not a valid self-defense?

Must me more to the story.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many years ago we had a guy in this area who went to prison for something similar.  This really SUCKS--but it did serve as a lesson for me, as it could have been any of us.  A guy and his girlfriend were walking down the street and some drunk, in front of a liquor store, grabbed the woman's breast.  The guy punched him.  The drunk fell over backward, hit his head, and was DRT.  Guy went to prison (I don't recall how long, but it was a good stretch).

A normal guy, NOT "arguing about drugs," just minding his own business, then in prison.  SUCKS!  

yea...
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

A friend of mine opened a restaurant built from the ground up and within a couple weeks of opening a fight in the parking lot ended with a guy bumping his head resulting in death.  Out of business.

It happens.  Usually around drunks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

That story reminds me of a video posted here some time ago.  A guy punched a belligerent drunk guy getting on a bus.  The drunk fell backwards to the pavement and I believe died.

It should be a reminder to all of us that have gotten into fights thinking little of the consequences.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

yea...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yea...

Fo sho.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't get in fist fights over stupid shit, don't go to jail. Seems to have worked out well for me so far.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fo sho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yea...

Fo sho.

Wasn't that how nick cage got into prison in "Con Air"?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

His mistake was hanging around and talking to the cops afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Perhaps--but I don't know the details to know if he had the opportunity to flee the area.  I don't recall more than I posted, so I can't even google to find it.  I'll never forget the "big picture" the event gave me though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His mistake was hanging around and talking to the cops afterwards.

Perhaps--but I don't know the details to know if he had the opportunity to flee the area.  I don't recall more than I posted, so I can't even google to find it.  I'll never forget the "big picture" the event gave me though.  

lol yeah fleeing the area would be the correct choice...
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top