Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 6:01:17 AM EDT
Moron says what!

Jackson Blasts Bush Over Katrina Aid By DOUG SIMPSON, Associated Press Writer
Fri Sep 2, 3:48 PM ET

Racism is partly to blame for the deadly aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said, calling President Bush's response to the disaster "incompetent."

"Today, as the President comes to Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi for his ceremonial trip to look at the victims of the devastation, he would do well to have a plan more significant than a ceremonial tour," Jackson said Friday.

"His whole response is unacceptable."

Bush has acknowledged that the federal response has not been acceptable, but promised that the government would get supplies to survivors and crack down on violence in New Orleans.

Jackson questioned why Bush has not named blacks to top positions in the federal response to the disaster, particularly when the majority of victims remaining stranded in New Orleans are black: "How can blacks be locked out of the leadership, and trapped in the suffering?"

"It is that lack of sensitivity and compassion that represents a kind of incompetence."

U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Russell Honore, head of the military task force overseeing operations in the three states, is black. His task force is providing search and rescue, medical help and sending supplies to the three states in support of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Jackson was in Baton Rouge to take part in a local project using a caravan of buses to pick up people stranded in New Orleans and transport them out. He spoke at a news conference at the state emergency center.

The civil rights leader said the flooding that caused thousands to be trapped inside the city was caused by a lack of federal funding for its levee system and hurricane planning. The resulting tragedy, he said, has largely hit New Orleans' black residents, because they were too poor to evacuate before the storm hit.

"There's a historical indifference to the pain of poor people and black people" in this country, he said. (Oh yeah, that's why 400,000 people needed to be rescued.)

Jackson also said the news media has "criminalized the people of New Orleans" by focusing on violence in the city.

I wish the African-American community would really see this guy for what he is.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:11:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I wish the African community would really see this guy for what he is.

Who gives a shit about what Africans think?  This is America.  

Jackson is such an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#2]
What an idiot.

Any sane person would say "You silly bastards should STFU and quit acting like criminals. Some serious shit happen to y'all, and you need to start acting like humans, instead of animals."

If those "leaders" would make statements like that it might make a difference in the actions of some of those idiots.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who gives a shit about what Africans think?  This is America.  

Jackson is such an idiot.

Fixed it for you.

And yep, Jackson is an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:15:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I think every time someone listens to Jesse Jackson with real interest in what he's saying, brain cells start to die and their IQ drops several points.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#5]
The media would be irresponsible if they didn't report it.

If ten thousand white people were rampaging through a city stealing everything that wasn't nailed down, and the media didn't report it, he would call that a racist cover-up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#6]
These black leaders (and I use that term loosely) that spout this shit are just polarizing the situation even more.  The more I hear this shit, the more I think of all the billions of dollars this country has wasted on welfare, affirmitive action, etc.   The bleeding heart liberals in this country ought to be ashamed of themselves for creating millions of able-bodied people who are completely dependent on everyone else for their well being.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Racism is partly to blame for the deadly aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said, calling President Bush's response to the disaster "incompetent."

Why is the people that cry racism the most and loudest are the most racest?  Every time this mother fucker shows up someplace it always turns into something racest.  

That fucker needs to keep his mouth shut.

ETA:  What church is this asshole a Rev. of anywhy?  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#8]
jackson is a fucking IDIOT!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:34:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Dupe. He is a self-promoting idiot. Give him a canoe to go pull out some more "refugees"
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm in the middle of all this shit and who are left almost all Blacks   yes he is correct and who are shooting at the police .....thank you   it's not a black and white issue it's a social class and upbringing issue    not all blacks are bad i spent a lot of time last night in the
"hood" and spent it with quality black people    but these gangsters deep in the city are not people they are just animals    keep you posted    ....from new orleans    Swillis
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
jackson is a fucking IDIOT!

Make that self-serving, anarchist, racist IDIOT

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#13]
So which is it?

The media?
Bush?
The state or federal gov't?
Or just white racism?

Pick one.

Or maybe it is just tribalistic scum acting like third world derelicts.

The best thing that could ever happen to this country is to end entitlment programs. As long as that shit goes on this country will NEVER get back on track.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
<snip>

I'm afraid they have. He's a hero to most of them. A black knight in shining armor, defending the poor.
I have a couple of good friends that are black. They think he's an idiot, but they're educated
and motivated. They're insulted everytime Jackson opens his mouth.

X
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Third world countries are "third world" because they are populated by third-world-people.

Populate a US city with third-world-people and you get....new orleans.  Or gary indiana or detroit or .....

The civil rights leader said the flooding that caused thousands to be trapped inside the city was caused by a lack of LOCAL, PREDOMINATELY BLACK, funding for its levee system and LOCAL, PREDOMINATELY BLACK, hurricane planning.

The resulting tragedy, he said, has largely hit New Orleans' PREDOMINATELY BLACK residents, because they were too UN-MOTIVATED, UN-EDUCATED or UN-EMPLOYABLE to EARN ENOUGH   to evacuate......if they cared to bother to evacuate...... before the storm hit.

They didn't bother to evacuate...that's not my fault.  Not your fault either.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Moron says what!

Jackson Blasts Bush Over Katrina Aid By DOUG SIMPSON, Associated Press Writer
Fri Sep 2, 3:48 PM ET

Jackson questioned why Bush has not named blacks to top positions in the federal response to the disaster, particularly when the majority of victims remaining stranded in New Orleans are black: "How can blacks be locked out of the leadership, and trapped in the suffering?"

Well the local leaders are black. How does he rate their preformance?

"It is that lack of sensitivity and compassion that represents a kind of incompetence."

Yes, lets not pick the man who can do the job, lets pick someone who's color would make people feel good.

U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Russell Honore, head of the military task force overseeing operations in the three states, is black. His task force is providing search and rescue, medical help and sending supplies to the three states in support of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Imagine that Jumpin Jackass does not know what he is takling about!

The civil rights leader said the flooding that caused thousands to be trapped inside the city was caused by a lack of federal funding for its levee system and hurricane planning. The resulting tragedy, he said, has largely hit New Orleans' black residents, because they were too poor to evacuate before the storm hit.

It was caused by a big ole storm named Katrina!  

"There's a historical indifference to the pain of poor people and black people" in this country, he said. (Oh yeah, that's why 400,000 people needed to be rescued.)

They needed to be rescued because they would not heed the MANDATORY ORDERS TO LEAVE! I know many. many COULD NOT leave but I refuse to believe that even a near majority COULD NOT, they simply WOULD NOT.

Jackson also said the news media has "criminalized the people of New Orleans" by focusing on violence in the city.

They were "criminalized" by the facts that they committed crimes!

Good Lord how I despise some of those mother fuckers!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Of course, it's always someones fault besides their own.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Jackson is an idiot. And so is anyone who believes what spews from his hole.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Geez, Jesse, some of us are color blind, why can't you be?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#20]
He's full of crap. It was the NHL lockout that caused it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Don't you guys know what's happening?

Black America as the count me as a Democrat vote no matter what is crumbling before their eyes and the countries black leadership is doing their best to devert attention from what really happened by pointing a finger to a favorite hate, the president. etc. . .  

Of course the stupid will believe it but the intelligent won't.  

Tj

Very well put.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Isn't Jackson one of the Black Panther members from way back that spit in the white man's soup?  Where does he get off fussing about racism?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top