Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2002 5:39:49 PM EDT
[url]http://www.sunspot.net/news/local/bal-md.fbi02mar02.story[/url]

Highlites:

Working with a description of the suspect, several FBI agents pulled over a Pontiac Grand Am in front of Key Bridge Discount Liquors at 7212 Fort Smallwood Road about 6 p.m. An FBI agent walked up to the car and fired a single bullet from an M-4 assault rifle, hitting the male passenger in the face, authorities said.
View Quote

and

"Anytime anyone gets shot, whether it's the right or wrong person -- we are traumatized by it as well," said FBI spokesman Peter Gulotta. "This is not something that we like to see happen. The circumstances will be thoroughly investigated.
View Quote

Sure, I bet Lon Horiuchi was really traumatized. You did a fine job investigating that one. In FBI language investigated = covered up.

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
God am I glad I moved from that state!

i hope the innocent man shot by the FBI makes a full recovery.  I hate hearing about stuff like this.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope it turns out that he was a talented, unarmed, lawyer and he the fed goes to prison and gets ass-raped to death. I suppose I should "wait until the facts come out" though, since he was probably just acting in self defense. Maybe the guy in the car pointed a "gun shaped object" in his general direction. Even if the guy in the car pointed a gun at the fed, the fed should still be charged. What would you do if you were carrying and saw some dude walking up to your car with an M4 aimed at you? Something like that will be used as an excuse and the fed will face no consequences. To bad he doesn't face unintended consequences.

Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
WOW, what a well trained individual !!! I feel safer now.
Lets see, pull vehicle over, fail to identify the driver, approach the vehicle and FIRE !!! OOPS !!!and WHAT GREAT AIM!!!! right in the face !!! Is that the new directive instead of through the baby ??
I'm surprised they did'nt just burn them out.
remember, we're only here to help.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
[:O] WTF? I hope nobody robs a bank in a car that looks like mine!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Internal investigation. Sounds like a grueling ordeal for the officer. He'll be back on the street on Monday.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]The FBI would not comment last night on why the agent fired the weapon, whether it was a mistake or an attempt at self-defense, Gulotta said. [/b]

Only a Fed could claim self defense on an innocent person and get away with it! What do ya wanna bet he was one of Lon Horiuchi's students......
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a freaky exeprience tonight. I was driving back to my place from Winn-Dixie. I am coming down the road right before the turn to the street that goes by my place. A Black Suburban pulls out nearly running me off the road. He has a red light in his dash. I pull off the road because this guy is driving like a wacko. He drives on past and after him comes a Silver Car with a Red Light on the dash. They both turned down my street. But, when I made the turn they were nowhere to be seen.

I always carry in my vehicle. So, I have my shotgun in hand when I enter my apartment. I hear something. So, I swept the place room by room with my shotgun. I closed the door to my bathroom and heard a crash. I opened the door shotgun at ready and saw nothing. Nothing was on the floor. WTF fell ? I then looked up, around the door, etc...and nothing. i then rechecked the rooms including the closets and NADA. I swear I hear something on the roof. My guns are locked and loaded and on my lap right now.

If these MFs want my guns they'll be taking 'em lead first. I hope I am overreacting here. But, 2 vehicles that perfectly fit the FED profile, crash sounds with no evidence of anything falling and sounds on the roof are about to make me break out the tin foil hat.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had a freaky exeprience tonight. I was driving back to my place from Winn-Dixie. I am coming down the road right before the turn to the street that goes by my place. A Black Suburban pulls out nearly running me off the road. He has a red light in his dash. I pull off the road because this guy is driving like a wacko. He drives on past and after him comes a Silver Car with a Red Light on the dash. They both turned down my street. But, when I made the turn they were nowhere to be seen.

I always carry in my vehicle. So, I have my shotgun in hand when I enter my apartment. I hear something. So, I swept the place room by room with my shotgun. I closed the door to my bathroom and heard a crash. I opened the door shotgun at ready and saw nothing. Nothing was on the floor. WTF fell ? I then looked up, around the door, etc...and nothing. i then rechecked the rooms including the closets and NADA. I swear I hear something on the roof. My guns are locked and loaded and on my lap right now.

If these MFs want my guns they'll be taking 'em lead first. I hope I am overreacting here. But, 2 vehicles that perfectly fit the FED profile, crash sounds with no evidence of anything falling and sounds on the roof are about to make me break out the tin foil hat.
View Quote

ITS THE WINN-DIXIE NINJAS! THEY FOUND OUT THAT YOUR 5O CENTS OFF FOR TOOTH PASTE COUPON WAS OUTDATED![chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, were you buying weed from the Winn-Dixie? Do you have your place wired like the guy in "conspiracy theory"?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#11]
The question I gotta ask is did he accidentaly shoot the driver, or did he deliberately shoot the driver becuase he believed he was the bank robber and the driver made a furtive or threatening move?

PS..
Did the driver look like the bank robber and is it dark at 6PM this time of year in the area this occured?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope, just picking up a 12 pack and a copy of shotgun news.

Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, were you buying weed from the Winn-Dixie? Do you have your place wired like the guy in "conspiracy theory"?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe now cash registers are wired to signal the alphabet goon squad whenever someone on the firearms list buys beer and sgn at the same time. Give them 00 if the show up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is it just my cynical bad attitude, or do these type of events seem to be getting more common and commonplace?  [pissed]
View Quote

yes, it seems like these commonplace events are becoming more common - and accepted by the general public as normal and routine.

it may just be bad luck on the choice of vehicles for the victim...
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Absent any other evidence, I'm willing to believe that the FBI agent was excited to "get in the shit" and had the safety off and his finger on the trigger when he approached the "suspect vehicle." A negligent discharge could easily have resulted, for which he should be fired and prosecuted, just like I would be if I did it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Is it just my cynical bad attitude, or do these type of events seem to be getting more common and commonplace?  [pissed]
View Quote

There are a couple of things that make this seem more frequent and most of it includes ready access to the internet.

1) The Gov't agencies are being watched more closely
2) Citizens don't rely on the media to exclude or tell their versions of a story.... they instantly broadcast/recieve events on the net
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Absent any other evidence, I'm willing to believe that the FBI agent was excited to "get in the shit" and had the safety off and his finger on the trigger when he approached the "suspect vehicle." A negligent discharge could easily have resulted, for which he should be fired and prosecuted, just like I would be if I did it.
View Quote

This could be it.  He may have been all pumped up with adrenaline and not realized taht he was on the trigger, or how hard.

Of course, hundreds of cops are in the same position each day, and they manage it just fine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#19]
He didnt mean to shoot the guy he was aiming at the baby.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This could be it.  He may have been all pumped up with adrenaline and not realized that he was on the trigger, or how hard.

Of course, hundreds of cops are in the same position each day, and they manage it just fine.
View Quote

And thousands of non-badge-wearing shooters are armed around other people everyday and very few of us get shot in the face. If it was you or me who shot this guy, we'd be sitting in a cell right now. I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts the Fibbie is home on paid suspension.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This could be it.  He may have been all pumped up with adrenaline and not realized that he was on the trigger, or how hard.

View Quote

And thousands of non-badge-wearing shooters are armed around other people everyday and very few of us get shot in the face. If it was you or me who shot this guy, we'd be sitting in a cell right now. I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts the Fibbie is home on paid suspension.
View Quote

Problably the feds are at the local tavern drinking a laughing it up about the shooting!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#23]
here is an update:

[url]http://www.sunspot.net/news/custom/guns/bal-md.shooting03mar03.story[/url]

FBI spokesman Barry Maddox said agency policy prevented the immediate release of the name of the agent who shot Schultz.

He also declined to comment on whether the agent has been assigned to desk duty pending an investigation of the shooting. Nor have FBI officials released information about how the shooting took place.

View Quote

Good thing, for the agent, if the victim was in my family the agent would be facing a lynch mob.

[b]Assigned to desk duty?!!!![/b] THE THUG SHOULD BE BEHIND BARS UNTIL HIS TRIAL!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Even on this board, the outrage needle is pegged on "6".  On a scale of one to ten.

I think the general public cares about a "2"

My open question to the members here is this:  When do you think people will have enough of the JBT's and demand real reform?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top