User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 7:33:13 AM EDT

FREE
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a shame that such a hard won decoration has been so easily dragged down by the likes of Kerry.

(Not a comment at you...the pics are funny...but it makes me a little sad that there are guys in VA Hospitals who have little else but a Purple Heart to show for their hard service and Kerry sees it as the "cherry on top" for his run for the whitehouse)
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea it is sad that he would spend 4 months in Vietnam then come home and protest againt the poor souls still stuck there.
  FREE

Quoted:
It's a shame that such a hard won decoration has been so easily dragged down by the likes of Kerry.

(Not a comment at you...the pics are funny...but it makes me a little sad that there are guys in VA Hospitals who have little else but a Purple Heart to show for their hard service and Kerry sees it as the "cherry on top" for his run for the whitehouse)

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#4]
HAHAHA I can't wait to send these to all the dems I know!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#5]
He got his purple hearts.

Then he had a change of heart.

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He got his purple hearts.

Then he had a change of heart, and another change of heart.

Nuff said.

Appologies Charging_Handle but I couldn't resist - 1st a hero, then (from my perspective) a traitor, and now back to hero again.

<still can't spell>
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#7]
It makes me sad that how one dipshit named John Kerry, can cheapen such a prestegious award
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It makes me sad that how one dipshit named John Kerry, can cheapen such a prestegious award

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I would think it is a slap in the face to those who have earned it.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Hero to ZERO!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I think what Bob Dole said was Bullseye....."He never bled or spent a day in the hospital"
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm sadden by the cheapening, however so, Kerry has brought to such a honorable and sacrificial award.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#15]
If Kerry really has shrapnel in his leg, why doesn't he just sport an X-Ray?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Groan!!

While I truly hate to defend Kerry, both the awarding of Purple Hearts for frivolous injuries and the 3 awards and you get to go home were standard practice at the time.  You can’t really put that on him, it was the military that cheapen the award.

Weather or not the awards were legitimate is a very different issue.

More importantly, using these awards (knowing how minor they were) to pass himself off as a war hero is absolutely unconscionable.  That, to me, is the insult being made to those who truly deserved the award!!

If Kerry were a true hero, he wouldn’t have mentioned those awards to begin with.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#17]
True actions speak louder than words.
 FREE

Quoted:
Groan!!

While I truly hate to defend Kerry, both the awarding of Purple Hearts for frivolous injuries and the 3 awards and you get to go home were standard practice at the time.  You can’t really put that on him, it was the military that cheapen the award.

Weather or not the awards were legitimate is a very different issue.

More importantly, using these awards (knowing how minor they were) to pass himself off as a war hero is absolutely unconscionable.  That, to me, is the insult being made to those who truly deserved the award!!

If Kerry were a true hero, he wouldn’t have mentioned those awards to begin with.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top