Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 25
Posted: 7/22/2013 10:13:43 AM EDT
A while back, I presented fact-based data about the Birch Society.  
See: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1332776__ARCHIVED_THREAD____What_do_you_really_know_about_the_John_Birch_Society_.html&page=5

All of my critics here resorted to ad hominem slurs against me personally instead of addressing the factual evidence I provided.  

One of the recurring themes against me was that I did not provide adequate "proof" for my assertions.  Apparently, readers here do not believe that detailed bibliographic references, numerous scanned copies of specific documents, or direct quotations constitute adequate proof for anything.

So, I just wanted to share the following information.  

I have recently donated DVD's to several universities and organizations which contain copies of many of the FBI files which I have obtained over the past 5+ years.  In addition, several websites have posted copies of my FBI files online.  For example, Internet Archive has them here:  http://archive.org/details/lazarfoia

In addition, major universities have them available on DVD's for interested parties to review.  For example, see:  http://crws.berkeley.edu/fbi-foia-archive

I offer this information to all my critics here -- because none of you ever bothered to refute anything which I presented -- but, now, you can see many of the files which I used for my research.  Furthermore, authors of many books, academic journal articles, and doctoral dissertations have cited me as a source for the documentation which they used in their publications.

Lastly, as a point of personal privilege, I would again like to address the bizarre objection presented by several of my critics here.  

Apparently, members of this site do not recognize that serious fact-based research is something which takes a lot of time and patience --- especially when the person or organization who is the subject of your research does not permit outside independent sources to have access to its archives (or its members) for historical research purposes.

I challenge my critics here to contact any historian or political scientist or sociologist or professional journalist of their choice who has written a book or major academic article about ANY matter.  

Choose someone whose viewpoints you AGREE with.  

Then ask those authors how much time they spent acquiring or researching primary source documents and how much time they spent writing the first draft of their publication and then perfecting it before it was published--and perhaps updating it afterward and publishing new editions to include more pertinent information -- especially if they discovered something which nobody else had previously known about  (as I have done repeatedly).  For example, I recently posted online copies of correspondence which reveal, for the first time, the reason why Charles Koch terminated his Birch Society membership.  I included a copy of a letter written by JBS founder Robert Welch to Charles Koch.  You may see this material here:
http://archive.org/details/WilliamGredePapersReCharlesKochRobertLove    

I have also posted online statistical data, never previously known, regarding Communist Party USA membership stats as well as the number of live FBI informants inside the Communist Party USA --- which even our nation's most knowledgeable and prominent historians did not know until I revealed it.

So---come back and tell us how much time your favorite authors required to research and write about their subject matter.   Obviously, serious students of ANY subject are prepared to devote a lot of time to acquiring the data they require in order to make reasonable and fair statements and conclusions.  

Consequently, I sincerely do not understand the animus of my critics here in this forum who express contempt for someone who has spent a lot of time (and money) doing careful research -- especially when (as I said) the subject organization does not allow outsiders to have access to its archives -- and/or when personal papers of key figures of that organization are archived and scattered all across our country in various educational institutions.

ONE LAST POINT:

During my debate here, my critics pretended that I never properly documented my contention that Birch Society founder Robert Welch concluded that President Eisenhower was a Communist traitor.  I referred to, and I quoted from, the 1950's unpublished manuscript written by Robert Welch (entitled The Politician)  

To address those critics, I decided to scan and copy onto the DVD's which I donated to universities and organizations, chapters 16 and 17 of Welch's manuscript where Welch makes his most caustic and libelous comments about Eisenhower as well as Eisenhower's associates and appointments.   This manuscript is not available in ANY library.  And nobody (before me) has ever reproduced  the entire chapters anywhere.

You may now see those two chapters online here:

Chapter 16 "Associates and Appointments":  
http://archive.org/details/foia_Welch_Robert-Associates_and_Appointments-1958

Chapter 17: "The Word Is Treason":  
http://archive.org/details/foia_Welch_Robert-The_Word_Is_Treason-1958.PDF

So, once again, I have provided definitive proof for my contentions whereas my critics here have provided nothing but their personal venom.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
tl;dr
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Pro-tip:  The normal font settings work just fine.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Are they still doing their Tree of the Month Club, or has that gone by the wayside?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
If memory serves me right, and maybe i'm thinking of the wrong guy but...

There's one guy ( I think it's you) that constantly trolls posts concerning JBS and tries to discredit them. The same guy has used multiple profiles on various websites over the past 10 years trying to discredit them because JBS is extremely anti-communist and the individual trolling is a hardline commie.

Edit - You're him.

Go home commie.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Log out and don't log back in.        

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There's one guy ( I think it's you) that constantly trolls posts concerning JBS and tries to discredit them. The same guy has used multiple profiles on various websites over the past 10 years trying to discredit them because JBS is extremely anti-communist and the individual trolling is a hardline commie.

Edit - You're him.

Go home commie.

http://www.lostwackys.com/images/wackyads/30.jpg
View Quote

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

1.  I do not "troll".  My original messages here were in reply to somebody who asked an entirely reasonable question about the JBS.  Most people have no factual knowledge about the history of the JBS -- so I offered data which very few people know.

2.  My interest is not "discrediting" the Birch Society.  In fact, I have repeatedly DEFENDED them online from false and malicious critics.  Recently, someone accused me of being "pro-JBS" because I brought my critic's attention to the absurdities in her argument against the JBS.  You are just the flip side of that coin----you both are ignorant vicious and mean-spirited -- and have no respect for FACTS.  [I also have defended former Cong. Ron Paul and the Tea Party Movement in numerous online messages!]

3.  Why, in your judgment, does someone have to be a "communist" -- just because you disagree with them?  FYI:  I am a libertarian.  The person whose views most closely resemble my own is Pat Buchanan.  Is he also a Communist in your scheme of things?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#10]
should I be in on one???
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#11]
OP?  Do you belong to the Antioch Baptist Church?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

1.  I do not "troll".  My original messages here were in reply to somebody who asked an entirely reasonable question about the JBS.  Most people have no factual knowledge about the history of the JBS -- so I offered data which very few people know.

2.  My interest is not "discrediting" the Birch Society.  In fact, I have repeatedly DEFENDED them online from false and malicious critics.  Recently, someone accused me of being "pro-JBS" because I brought my critic's attention to the absurdities in her argument against the JBS.  You are just the flip side of that coin----you both are ignorant vicious and mean-spirited -- and have no respect for FACTS.  [I also have defended former Cong. Ron Paul and the Tea Party Movement in numerous online messages!]

3.  Why, in your judgment, does someone have to be a "communist" -- just because you disagree with them?  FYI:  I am a libertarian.  The person whose views most closely resemble my own is Pat Buchanan.  Is he also a Communist in your scheme of things?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit - You're him.

Go home commie.

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

So you are a Communist?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP, the JBS has about as much clout as a flea.  What do you think about Obama?  Have you researched him?  
View Quote

1.  The JBS certainly disagrees with your conclusion.  Their CEO takes credit for the growth of the Tea Party Movement.

2.  Why do I have to research Obama?  I am more interested in people/organizations that present conspiratorial explanations about U.S. history.   I am particularly interested in right-wing individuals and groups (like the JBS) who have effusively praised J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI during his tenure ---- because it is now possible to acquire, via FOIA requests, FBI files.  So, given the high regard which Robert Welch and the JBS have always had in Hoover's FBI, it is possible to compare the historical record (as it appears in FBI files) to what Robert Welch and the JBS believed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Well this one isn't going to go well for the OP either.

.....and it has nothing to do with his fucked up font.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder if he even has a garage?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So you are a Communist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit - You're him.

Go home commie.

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

So you are a Communist?

Of course I am not a Communist.  What a stupid and insulting question.   Do you think ALL of the following prominent conservatives were "Communists"?  They also denounced Robert Welch and/or the JBS after Welch died:

Sen. Barry Goldwater, Cong. Walter Judd, Gen. Albert C. Wedemeyer, Russell Kirk, Eugene Lyons, Willmoore Kendall, James Burnham, Robert Bork, J. Edgar Hoover, Herbert Philbrick, Frank S. Meyer, Cong. Gordon H. Scherer, William F. Buckley Jr., Patrick Buchanan, Fred Schwarz, Lee Edwards, the editors of the conservative newspaper, Human Events, George Sokolsky, Roy Cohn, Anthony Bouscaren, plus even many former Birchers such as: Alan Stang, Gary Allen, Milorad Draskovich, John Rees, William Norman Grigg, Mrs. Robert Welch --- and many many more.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#20]
There is a very good reason, several actually, why Buckley hated the JBS.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
tl;dr
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why don't you call home and ask his wife?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Nobody gives a shit what you think about the JBS
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Wow.  That thread was over a year ago.  It's simply incredible. Have you been preparing for this an entire year only to fail now?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you illuminate us?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Wow.  That thread was over a year ago.  It's simply incredible. Have you been preparing for this an entire year only to fail now?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Didn't read.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  Do not modify the font of the entire post.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Speaking of eccentric arfcom members, is Victorunit still around? His bizarre yet entertaining posts always made my day.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#32]
If you came here and posted a cure for cancer in that horrible, horrible font/typeset, I still wouldn't read it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What does the Democratic party pay you to spend your days discussing topics such as this?          
View Quote

1.  I am not paid by anybody.

2.  Please see my previous message which listed prominent conservatives (mostly Republicans) who were anti-JBS.  Did you ever contact any of them when they were living to ask them who "paid" them?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Even snowleopard would wtf this thread.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Lots of folks take credit for the Tea Party--including Paulbots.  Do you have a cite for Mr. Welch claiming this?  I've never heard of it--though there are worse sins, I suppose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, the JBS has about as much clout as a flea.  What do you think about Obama?  Have you researched him?  

1.  The JBS certainly disagrees with your conclusion.  Their CEO takes credit for the growth of the Tea Party Movement.

2.  Why do I have to research Obama?  I am more interested in people/organizations that present conspiratorial explanations about U.S. history.   I am particularly interested in right-wing individuals and groups (like the JBS) who have effusively praised J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI during his tenure ---- because it is now possible to acquire, via FOIA requests, FBI files.  So, given the high regard which Robert Welch and the JBS have always had in Hoover's FBI, it is possible to compare the historical record (as it appears in FBI files) to what Robert Welch and the JBS believed.

Lots of folks take credit for the Tea Party--including Paulbots.  Do you have a cite for Mr. Welch claiming this?  I've never heard of it--though there are worse sins, I suppose.

(a)  Welch never claimed credit.  How could he?  He died in 1985.
(b)  The current CEO (Art Thompson) has suggested that the Birch Society prepared the ground for the Tea Party Movement to be born and succeed.  Also, their current President (John McManus) has made similar comments.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Isn't that a personal attack?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

That is a pretty low bar.  Also most people do not know what ignorant actually means.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

a peace sign...mag wheels and four on the floor.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Would've read it, but you made it too long and difficult to parse.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That is a pretty low bar.  Also most people do not know what ignorant actually means.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

It seemed to be enough for Dan
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN REPLY TO SHOCKER:

I think accumulation might have been a factor in DanTSX's case.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

1.  He did not "hate" the JBS.  

2.  In fact, even after his magazine published critical articles about Welch -- Buckley DEFENDED the JBS repeatedly in his newspaper columns.  As one example:  see his columns pertaining to whether or not a JBS member should be allowed to be a policeman.  During the mid-1960's there was a major controversy in Philadelphia and New York City over that matter.  Buckley emphatically supported the Birch Society.

3.  This is a good example of what I have attempted to address in this forum.  There is a HUGE amount of misinformation and ignorance about JBS history as well as about the critics of the JBS.   You do not have to be a communist or liberal or Democrat to be a JBS critic.  Many entirely decent, honorable, and principled conservative Republicans criticized the JBS.

4.  Recently, the former senior editor of the JBS magazine (The New American) made accusations against the JBS leadership which were TEN TIMES more caustic than anything I have ever written.  Check out William Norman Grigg's blog:

http://jbsrip.blogspot.com/
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Can you illuminate us?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you illuminate us?

Here toy go.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#47]
[b]I think accumulation might have been a factor in DanTSX's case.
View Quote

He get a time out or ban?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What does the Democratic party pay you to spend your days discussing topics such as this?          
View Quote

and can I get in on it?

Trolling message boards would be a lot easier than the work I do now.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Buckley DEFENDED the JBS repeatedly in his newspaper columns.  As one example:  see his columns pertaining to whether or not a JBS member should be allowed to be a policeman.
View Quote

That ain't defending the JBS.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A while back, I presented fact-based data about the Birch Society.  
See: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1332776__ARCHIVED_THREAD____What_do_you_really_know_about_the_John_Birch_Society_.html&page=5

All of my critics here resorted to ad hominem slurs against me personally instead of addressing the factual evidence I provided.  

One of the recurring themes against me was that I did not provide adequate "proof" for my assertions.  Apparently, readers here do not believe that detailed bibliographic references, numerous scanned copies of specific documents, or direct quotations constitute adequate proof for anything.

So, I just wanted to share the following information.  

I have recently donated DVD's to several universities and organizations which contain copies of many of the FBI files which I have obtained over the past 5+ years.  In addition, several websites have posted copies of my FBI files online.  For example, Internet Archive has them here:  http://archive.org/details/lazarfoia

In addition, major universities have them available on DVD's for interested parties to review.  For example, see:  http://crws.berkeley.edu/fbi-foia-archive

I offer this information to all my critics here -- because none of you ever bothered to refute anything which I presented -- but, now, you can see many of the files which I used for my research.  Furthermore, authors of many books, academic journal articles, and doctoral dissertations have cited me as a source for the documentation which they used in their publications.

Lastly, as a point of personal privilege, I would again like to address the bizarre objection presented by several of my critics here.  

Apparently, members of this site do not recognize that serious fact-based research is something which takes a lot of time and patience --- especially when the person or organization who is the subject of your research does not permit outside independent sources to have access to its archives (or its members) for historical research purposes.

I challenge my critics here to contact any historian or political scientist or sociologist or professional journalist of their choice who has written a book or major academic article about ANY matter.  

Choose someone whose viewpoints you AGREE with.  

Then ask those authors how much time they spent acquiring or researching primary source documents and how much time they spent writing the first draft of their publication and then perfecting it before it was published--and perhaps updating it afterward and publishing new editions to include more pertinent information -- especially if they discovered something which nobody else had previously known about  (as I have done repeatedly).  For example, I recently posted online copies of correspondence which reveal, for the first time, the reason why Charles Koch terminated his Birch Society membership.  I included a copy of a letter written by JBS founder Robert Welch to Charles Koch.  You may see this material here:
http://archive.org/details/WilliamGredePapersReCharlesKochRobertLove    

I have also posted online statistical data, never previously known, regarding Communist Party USA membership stats as well as the number of live FBI informants inside the Communist Party USA --- which even our nation's most knowledgeable and prominent historians did not know until I revealed it.

So---come back and tell us how much time your favorite authors required to research and write about their subject matter.   Obviously, serious students of ANY subject are prepared to devote a lot of time to acquiring the data they require in order to make reasonable and fair statements and conclusions.  

Consequently, I sincerely do not understand the animus of my critics here in this forum who express contempt for someone who has spent a lot of time (and money) doing careful research -- especially when (as I said) the subject organization does not allow outsiders to have access to its archives -- and/or when personal papers of key figures of that organization are archived and scattered all across our country in various educational institutions.

ONE LAST POINT:

During my debate here, my critics pretended that I never properly documented my contention that Birch Society founder Robert Welch concluded that President Eisenhower was a Communist traitor.  I referred to, and I quoted from, the 1950's unpublished manuscript written by Robert Welch (entitled The Politician)  

To address those critics, I decided to scan and copy onto the DVD's which I donated to universities and organizations, chapters 16 and 17 of Welch's manuscript where Welch makes his most caustic and libelous comments about Eisenhower as well as Eisenhower's associates and appointments.   This manuscript is not available in ANY library.  And nobody (before me) has ever reproduced  the entire chapters anywhere.

You may now see those two chapters online here:

Chapter 16 "Associates and Appointments":  
http://archive.org/details/foia_Welch_Robert-Associates_and_Appointments-1958

Chapter 17: "The Word Is Treason":  
http://archive.org/details/foia_Welch_Robert-The_Word_Is_Treason-1958.PDF

So, once again, I have provided definitive proof for my contentions whereas my critics here have provided nothing but their personal venom.
View Quote
Are you trying to make a point or just complain? one can't tell by your ramblings.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top