Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/28/2005 7:17:45 AM EDT
On a recent trip to the JARED store in my hometown, I noticed a sign posted at the entrance stating no weapons of any type were allowed in the store. I recently sold a home and as a result had some extra cash, a sizable portion of which would have gone into their cash register, but not after seeing that. I was told later at another store that JARED is owned by Kay Jewelers. I thought I would pass it on to other AR15.com members to spread the word.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:21:10 AM EDT
It could only be Jared!

I wouldn't buy from them anyway just because of how fucking annoying their stupid commercials are!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:27:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pspencer:
On a recent trip to the JARED store in my hometown, I noticed a sign posted at the entrance stating no weapons of any type were allowed in the store. I recently sold a home and as a result had some extra cash, a sizable portion of which would have gone into their cash register, but not after seeing that. I was told later at another store that JARED is owned by Kay Jewelers. I thought I would pass it on to other AR15.com members to spread the word.

I accept some restrictions on CCW but do not think these restrictioins increase public safety. In fact; unless the prohibition provides for metal detectors and armed security: it only disarms victims and leaves them vulnerable.

In the case of private property being posted;
it's their right. However things like public transportation and other monopoly venues should not disarm their clients.

Employers have the right to restrict weapons on premises but I think they incur the liability for protecting their disarmed employees.

Even places like churches are trying to prohibit weapons. Why they think that an actor who intends to enter some premises and kill some or as many as possible, would be stopped by a cardboard sign, makes sanity an issue. The sanity of those who put up the no-weapons post.

State by state, concealed carry is become popular law. Now we are getting down to the liberal strongholds it's gets tougher. The only rights they recognize is what novel body parts, sexes and species should be be sanctioned for legal conjugation and the rights those who have-not to the wealth of those who have.

Preaching to the choir I know, but consider this a vent; 'cuz I was just reading about Wisconsin police chiefs and concealed carry.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:44:28 AM EDT
My question, perhaps too simple, is this... if the weapon is concealed, how would someone at the store "know" you were carrying?

I've seen signs on stores in the past, and I ignore the store's policy. Why? because my weapon is my last line of defense, and if a b/g walks in and starts shooting, I don't want to be one of the deceased. The b/g will not follow the store's rules because they are already a b/g - right? So why should I or my family be exposed to the risk by following an arbitrary rule based on fear and ignorance, rather than logic and safety?
Top Top