Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:32:45 AM EDT
I ,like many here cruise the EE daily looking for any deals and I have noticed lately a lot of guns for sale that just seem to hang around and keep getting bumped (BTT).
Many of these do not even get ANY replys and the seller lowers the price a few bucks and bumps.
I think in most of these cases the "asking" price is WAY to high to start with.
How many days (Weeks) and Bumps does someone have to do before they relize that they are way out of line on their price?
Its starting to get like "gunbroker" post a "rare" gun for sale at some "wishful" price and hope some sucker comes along.
For those of you doing this please let me give you a "clue" (I know u did not ask me for advice)
AUGs , FNC, Galils , Bla , Bla , Bla ARE NOT MAKE OF GOLD!!!
I know , I Know , they are pre-89 guns and will NEVER be made again (I hate saying NEVER) and there is a strong market for them , but lets get real.
You might even sell them if you take this clue.

( I rarely rant , so if I offened you , I'm sorry no , really tough shit )
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTL

Shok
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:36:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for reminding me to go lower my price on something by $25 and bump it back to the top.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]
whats BTT stand for?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]
lol.....  I know exactly what you mean.  However, if you even remotely suggest the price is out of line, the EE Police will lock you down...

It happens elsewhere too.  I have a thing for straight stocked Marlin lever guns.  Most of the 336s are pistol grip.  I keep looking for a decent 30-30 or 35 (better yet a 356) straight stocked marlin.

There has been one listed on various gun online auctions for about 8 months.  Every month no one bids, and every month the moron sets it back up.  We see the same thing here too:

"Preban Colt AR.  I paid $2500 for this baby, and I'm gonna let it go at a bargain basement price of $1500..."

All these ads prove are: 1) The idiot was an idiot for spending $2500 on it in the forst place and 2) he's a really clueless idiot because he's had six months without a buyer and still cannot add 2+2 nd realize it equals 4

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:44:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
whats BTT stand for?

Back To Top.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:45:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
whats BTT stand for?

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=118

The "bible" of ARFCOM abbreviations  (SEE the 5 or 6th tack down)
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I ,like many here cruise the EE daily looking for any deals and I have noticed lately a lot of guns for sale that just seem to hang around and keep getting bumped (BTT).
Many of these do not even get ANY replys and the seller lowers the price a few bucks and bumps. Many of the sellers get IM instead of replys.

In your opinion

How many days (Weeks) and Bumps does someone have to do before they relize that they are way out of line on their price?  Subjective

Its starting to get like "gunbroker" post a "rare" gun for sale at some "wishful" price and hope some sucker comes along.
It happens all the time. It's called called capitalism

For those of you doing this please let me give you a "clue" (I know u did not ask me for advice)

If you have no money, then buy an ASA.

I know , I Know , they are pre-89 guns and will NEVER be made again (I hate saying NEVER) and there is a strong market for them , but lets get real.
Damn strait.

You might even sell them if you take this clue.  Get a job and buy a membership.
Then come back and bitch

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Many of these do not even get ANY replys and the seller lowers the price a few bucks and bumps. Many of the sellers get IM instead of replys.

In your opinion

How many days (Weeks) and Bumps does someone have to do before they relize that they are way out of line on their price?  Subjective

It happens all the time. It's called called capitalism

If you have no money, then buy an ASA.

Damn strait.

You might even sell them if you take this clue.  Get a job and buy a membership.
Then come back and bitch

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#10]
All it takes is one person to pay the asking price. I always try to get as much as I can. Wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:25:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You need to purchase a team membership before you can bitch about stuff like that.

Mr Wave ,
I agree , I did try to buy a membership a couple years ago and all you'all took was "paypal". I tried to set up a paypal account and was never able to get it to work right. I gave up, curssing that there was no mailing address to just send a check to. Over the years I have thougth many times that I need to join , I just get busy reading all the good stuff on the boards and never got over to the AR Store again.
But because you have called me on it , and I now see that there is a mailing address I can send a check to and you are right!  I have received many ,many enjoyable hours on this great forum I am going to buy a Platinum membership. Heck , I am such a computer idiot that I do not even know what all those "extra features are of a Platinum membershp , I will just call the extra $76 my catch up for 3 years.
I get home this weekend for a break in mission from Iraq and MONDAY a check will be in the mail!
Sorry for being a leach for the last few years , please forgive me  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
aren't you supposed to be shooting terrorists or something. It's not like you have an FFL over there in iraq to recieve it anyway

keep your head down, hope to see ya when you get home!

mike

Mike , pick'ens are slim our way right now , we went out hunting today (really doing police stations checks) and could not find a single Terr to shoot!
The 3rd ACR has all of them hem'ed up over at Tal A Far right now. They are doing some serious ASS KICKING over there right now!
Maybe we can hook up down at the range when we get back from Mexico?
Me'z need a cold beer , a good woman and a day of relaxing at the range with the fellas.
Para069
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Many of the sellers get IM instead of replys.

...telling them to dream on.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Since we're ranting, here's my gripe.  People who sell the same rifle in 2 or more forums.  I said I'll take it 2 days before this other guy did, whom you've sold the rifle to becasue you don't check the other sale threads you made.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#18]
This isn't anything new.

I remeber someone selling a preban 9mm Colt AR for a crazy high price (during the ban, but still high for that market)

I do believe the ad was BTT'd per rules for over a year.  Don't think anyone ever bought it though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#19]
That's the problem you'll always have, just like Gunbroker, when the ads are free.  It won't cost me anyhting to go put an ad for my post post pre ban rifle for $2200 , and see who bites.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top